Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: help beat berg enroute

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Angry help beat berg enroute

crawled last night with a bad a$$ berg moa he ate my ax please help with beatn da berg!! i have ax10 with 55t tekin rooster esc .well tuned suspention with 4 link iread articulation pros cons vanquish dig, panther tire well weighted but just no match 4 stock en route moa. my friend said there both 2.2 approved?? MUSTbeat da berg thank everyone for your input and are they same class?
no1970ax1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Ya good luck...The only Ax10 i've seen beat a berg consistently is from Gatekeeper, who is probably the best driver in the world. And thats all driver not truck.

I'd say keep practicing that is the only way you will beat a Moa truck with a ax-10
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Or.......

If you can't beat them....join them
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

An Axial can be set up to climb well, with its direct drive to both axles, but where the MOA wins is in digging, unless you can give it some gas at the same time as disengaging the dig, you'll most certainly incur a rollback or reverse penalty in a comp. Also the MOA has most of the weight on the axles, as opposed to a transmission in the chassis. Axials can work great, but an MOA will triumph in more situations.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The guys above covered it all, to answer the one question that has not been answered. Yes they run in the same class, unless the AX has no dig then it would be a sportsman rig.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #6

trust me... just build a berg. it will save you alot of money and headakes
shafty4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdog7 View Post
Or.......

This is what i did
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #8
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj View Post
This is what i did
Yeah, I saw your rig in the for sale section. Welcome to the dark side.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafty4life View Post
trust me... just build a berg. it will save you alot of money and headakes
Says the guy with a screen name of shafty4life
Old 12-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Practice more, drive better...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Build a XR-10!
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

pRACTICE A GOOD DRIVER CAN WIN WITH ANYTHING.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

thanks guys i'll keep practicing an tuning i will beat da berg
Old 12-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdog7 View Post
Or.......

that would be the easy route that everyone is taking ....like said above a shafty can be driven on par with the MOA rigs, but they are the drivers who spend ubber time on the rocks with them to learn there quirks....plus it is a true skill driving rig to drive one on par with MOA's and stay competitive with them....that's like what the inline muzzle loaders are in the world of muzzleloading....but they are really nothing but a caseless centerfire rifle....MOA's are to shaftys as inlines are to flintlocks, really can't compare them side by side even though they are grouped side by side in comp's .......bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaugman View Post
Ya good luck...The only Ax10 i've seen beat a berg consistently is from Gatekeeper, who is probably the best driver in the world. And thats all driver not truck.

I'd say keep practicing that is the only way you will beat a Moa truck with a ax-10
I have a friend who has a Berg.. and I ran pretty much every line with him using my Creeper back when I had no dig at all. Where he got me was on the vertical lines.

If you know your truck, what it's capable of and practice, the only difference will be your truck has driveshafts and his doesn't.
BrentH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

was at lhs lookn @ XR10 but spent fun mon on erevo last week. so got new hpi tires and building front 4 link over weekend started to snow so i have some in house time to test front 4 link i WILLbeat da berg
Old 12-17-2010, 12:22 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1970ax1o View Post
was at lhs lookn @ XR10 but spent fun mon on erevo last week. so got new hpi tires and building front 4 link over weekend started to snow so i have some in house time to test front 4 link i WILLbeat da berg
A properly set up axial can be competitive compared to a MOA, given mostly by driver input. However a MOA rig is far superior in a comp senario. I will say and I'm sure DickyT will too that bergs can be beaten, However if your up against a consistent driver it will be much more difficult. Practice practice practice, know your rig and its abilities, knowing how it will react to the terrain and driver input will help you in your quest. I can say shaftys have their day to shine. I have had one over all comp win with a perfect score with my old shafty. Will they be on top all the time NO can you win with one YES. Good luck!!

Also just some advice, not trying to be a as$, grammar and punctuation make things way easier to read.
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by irok22s View Post
I will say and I'm sure DickyT will too that bergs can be beaten

I did it with my Fastback this year, fairly consistent podium finishes on the local level and made 3 out of 5 finals in our state series with 5th, 4th, and 3rd place finishes. as the guys above have said, it all boils down to practice, tuning, and in my case maybe a little luck
Old 12-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Default a while back. not now

shafty..you aint got one that can keep up to my breakovers
richardgarrett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Winning is a great goal for many of us including shafty drivers. The more capable foes like the Berg, XR-10 or any other MOA are special targets.
I live at the local level and finishing well can be done on a regular basis.
The frequency rate is much lower for shafties than it is for MOA's beating shafties, that just goes with the territory.
I've been improving my shafty comp rig for over five years and I actually have no intension for getting a MOA right now.
Here's my reasoning for the club level I have a great truck and it's inexpensive to operate.
I put a few hundred dollars a year in my equipment and upgrades, then drive the crap out of it. Usually beating a few MOAs at every comp in the process.
If your planning on competing at a National level then it gets much more difficult.
First of all you need tons of driver experience this is a hobby/sport were you never can never get enough wheel time.
All the top competitors are also running the latest and best equipment available with years of experience behind it.

If your goal is heading to the next Nats you'll need all the help you can get so get ready to spend lots of treasure and thats no guarantee you'll finish any where near the podium.

If your a club guy enjoy the hobby do your best make friends and give your ego a rest, life is good and very affordable. This is were most of us live.

If your focused on winning a National event just sell your shafty right now and work on those driving skills and equipment because you will need the whole package and then some.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote