Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX-10 newbie here with some questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #1

Default AX-10 newbie here with some questions

Well, Santa came a little early for me and I picked up an AX-10 RTR today. I have only ran it for maybe 15 minutes or so, and I already broke it. The front drive shaft broke where the shaft connects to the u-joint by the trans case. One of the ears where the pin goes through broke. I was able to get it back in, but it is a temp fix. Looking on the forum here, it looks like there are plenty of better quality metal drive shafts, but are there any recomendations and to a strong and dependable drive shaft for the hobbiest? My next question concerns the radio in general. I have noticed that every once in a while, the throttle would stop responding. I am thinking that with all the remote locks and remote starts on cars today, I wonder if that could cause some interfearence? Anyone have experience with that? Just tryong to learn a little here.
chief gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The best and most durable drive shafts out there are MIP'S. Another good option is Junfac shafts. As far as your radio goes all of the electronics on these rtr and rtc ax-10's are junk. When you get a chance upgrade to a good 3 channel 2.4 ghz radio.
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #3

Cool, thanks for the tips on the drive shafts. While I know the stock radios are the best, mine is a 2.4 GHtz radio. Would that still be a problem? I am wondering if I should go through the "link up" per the instructions again, what do you think?
chief gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief gunner View Post
Cool, thanks for the tips on the drive shafts. While I know the stock radios are the best, mine is a 2.4 GHtz radio. Would that still be a problem? I am wondering if I should go through the "link up" per the instructions again, what do you think?
Maybe, I use a Futaba 3PM-X and I run my rx with the antenna tucked inside, and I have never had a problem. Are you running the stock esc? If so it has a delay when you are changing directions from reverse to forward. You have to double tap the throttle to move forward after a reverse.
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
RCC Addict

X2 on the MIP Drive shafts, been running them in comps for 2 years with out a single failure or problem, as for the radio which radio is it? A Castle Creations BEC would help with radio issues in a lot of cases, it keeps a constant 6 volts or what ever you have it set to going to all of your electronics, usually glitching or stalling out problems comes from the steering servo drawing to much juice and then the receiver cuts out.

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Castle-Cr...r-p-16518.html
http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Castle-Cr...r-p-16186.html
http://www.tcscrawlers.com/MIP-C-Dri...1-p-16872.html
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:54 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I second the BEC. I messed around with different configurations, shielded electronics with tinfoil (yeah... I know), and changed crystals and went to GHz. After all of that, I still had problems. Simply threw the BEC in and have had NO problems since.
BluFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #7

you will find there are a few more weak links. If you look under the tips for the ax10 they explain everything in great detail.
Banshee94 is offline   Reply With Quote