Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Modifying my AX-10 into a Rock Racer....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #1

Default Modifying my AX-10 into a Rock Racer....

Hi fellow Rock Crawlers,

I have some Q's about modifying my AX-10 into a extreme Rock Racer machine!!!
I plan to use a R2 2-speed transmission with DIG from RC4WD together with my Novak Goat Crawler brushless system and the Hitec HS-7955TG servo for steering, all controled from my Futaba 6EX. But this raises some Q's.......

The R2 transmission/dig system needs two servos (one for the 2-speed transmission and one for the DIG system). Which servoes would be the best for this job????
Next, how do i mount these servoes so they work with the transmission and DIG system????
And finaly, will it all fit inside my AX-10 chassis or do i need a new and better chassis to make it all work????

As a help, does anyone know where i can find a "how to build" guide to a super Rock Racer????

Thanks in advance
DK Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

i dont know if anyone has gone "extreme"!!!! thats pretty far
durrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I'm pretty sure you can get the servo mounts from RC4WD, might take some digging through their webpage though.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Not the 2 speed but ya...

rc4wd sells the skid you would need.
skid
http://store.rc4wd.com/Delrin-Skid-P...X10_p_833.html
one of the servo mounts
http://store.rc4wd.com/Sideway-R2-1-...it-_p_857.html

better option IMO would be your ax10 tranny and a HH 45t, a brxl or mmp, and 4s lipo

Happy building.

Last edited by irok22s; 12-28-2010 at 06:19 PM.
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK Driver View Post
Hi fellow Rock Crawlers,

I have some Q's about modifying my AX-10 into a extreme Rock Racer machine!!!
I plan to use a R2 2-speed transmission with DIG from RC4WD together with my Novak Goat Crawler brushless system and the Hitec HS-7955TG servo for steering, all controled from my Futaba 6EX. But this raises some Q's.......

The R2 transmission/dig system needs two servos (one for the 2-speed transmission and one for the DIG system). Which servoes would be the best for this job????
Next, how do i mount these servoes so they work with the transmission and DIG system????
And finaly, will it all fit inside my AX-10 chassis or do i need a new and better chassis to make it all work????

As a help, does anyone know where i can find a "how to build" guide to a super Rock Racer????

Thanks in advance
I recommend getting an XR10 with upgrades for several reason, but mainly to support that power. For rock crawling at high speeds I really don't know why you'd want to invest in upgrading the AX10 IMHO..
RCchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCchomp View Post
I recommend getting an XR10 with upgrades for several reason, but mainly to support that power. For rock crawling at high speeds I really don't know why you'd want to invest in upgrading the AX10 IMHO..
Well "rock racer" classes generally are a more scale event. They do not allow MOA trucks in, because real rock racers don't have motors on each axle.

As far as going fast over rocks, the ax10 is about the best platform there is IMHO.
yjdavid is offline   Reply With Quote