Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My first crawler AX-10 Scorpion pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 11:25 PM   #1

Default My first crawler AX-10 Scorpion pictures

Whats up guys Happy new year!!!, im new to RC crawling and just picked up a AX-10 Scorpion today from a guy on craigslist for $270. It has 4WS, goat 3s (ESC) and novak 55t and was in very good condition. It came with a 2ch transmitter and was wondering how i can do different steering modes. The servos aren't too good either should I upgrade and what kind do you recommend i have toward pro MG996R hi torque.

Thanks

Last edited by ants0; 01-01-2011 at 12:17 AM.
ants0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

According to servoDB, those servos are rated at ~150 oz/in @ 6v. Better than stock ax10 for sure, and should get the job done for bashin around. Depending on who you ask, quality is suspect, but they're not bad for a tight budget.

If you wanna start comping, you'll have to lose the 4ws, and I'd recommend upgrading to the beefiest servo you can afford. Otherwise, it looks like you have a decent starter rig there. Have fun driving/modding, and my condolences to your wallet
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #3

Probably wont do any comp crawling, mainly just for fun and building a track. But thats good news that I seem to have a good beginner crawler, was waiting on another guys on craigslist for a losi night crawler stock but he took to long. I like the idea of the 4WS which the guy didnt mention in the ad. When i talked to him he didnt seem know to much about RC crawlers or RC in general (didnt know what a servo was). I feel 270 was a pretty good price for what I got.

Thanks for the response and ill probably upgrade the servos as i bust them.

Anyone know any good $40 servos?
ants0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

This is definitely the right place to learn about RC crawling... The first servo that comes to mind in that range is the hitec 645mg or the 5645mg. I'm sure a lil searching would turn up plenty of other options too.
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #5

Nice crawler. I had 4WS on my ARTR for awhile, but removed it because the guys I crawled with kept complaining that I was cheating. As the courses got more technical the 4WS was more of a hindrance, so I locked it up and looked for ways to improve the travel in the steering and added a DIG.

I have had good luck with the Traxxas 2075 servos in my many short coarse trucks and they take a beating. Water proof, 125oz of torque and $40. I have never used one on a crawler though...
Cagepasser is offline   Reply With Quote