Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Project Hack Job

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 12:29 AM   #21
RCC Addict

What no dremel... that's like about as handy and needed as hex-drivers on a crawler! I can't imagine living without mine, then again I can't imagine living without CNC

I personally love the wrap-under skids, but that's because I have had that little strip of aluminum hang up all the time on the rocks and it isn't my idea of a good time crawling. Plus it helps protect the edge of your chassis if it is something like carbon fiber, the splinters from it are nasty
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
What no dremel... that's like about as handy and needed as hex-drivers on a crawler! I can't imagine living without mine, then again I can't imagine living without CNC

I personally love the wrap-under skids, but that's because I have had that little strip of aluminum hang up all the time on the rocks and it isn't my idea of a good time crawling. Plus it helps protect the edge of your chassis if it is something like carbon fiber, the splinters from it are nasty
Not even cool hex drivers just allens and a few junk bin micro screwdriver type hexes....Im telling you living on a budget gives you alot of innovation
xjcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

ANNNDDDD THE LONG AWAITED FINISHED GLAMOR SHOTS

well more like taking pics of a passed out 2 dolla hooka but none the less its done and after hitting the rocks before school Im thinking I should of called it the XR killer.......this lil shafty can go and does go

Just 4oz up front and 2.5oz in the rear and it will walk up straight up climbs the length of it easy as pie if it can get to the top before it tips its going...PICS AND VIDEO FOR PROF COMEING SOON....

well still need body trimming and the weight system set up..nothing special just a bolt and a few blocks of alum. on the front an rear trays

liiittlleee to soft of a suspension set up up front needs a good tune but shes done let the jokes and laughing begin
Old 03-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #24
Suck it up!

Looks good to me man. Can't wait for the video.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #25
RCC Addict

No its CNC machining [joking!] I love to see what people will do to neaten things up and so on when they are on a budget, minus zip-ties and duct tape!

Looks good, the Sedonas are WICKED on grip, I love how well they grip on the rocks by me.

Using Sky Lipos from Hobbypartz?
Old 03-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No its CNC machining [joking!] I love to see what people will do to neaten things up and so on when they are on a budget, minus zip-ties and duct tape!

Looks good, the Sedonas are WICKED on grip, I love how well they grip on the rocks by me.

Using Sky Lipos from Hobbypartz?
yeah and zip ties and shrink wrap to neastin stuff up got run the signal wire better...got excited it was done an had to go play.

yep yep there sky lipos..amazing price and seem to be working out perfect no way off cells and balance prfect everytime
Old 03-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Looking good-always love going through the parts and making something work along with some simple fabricating. Not sure I could do that skid by hand-I have a habit of cutting til I see red...
OxInYourBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Ive had good results so far with my 800 MAh 3S 30C packs. Considering they can power the car through a bind I am amazed

Heheh that stuff is actually really nice, its just a pain to get at your wires when you need to sometimes
Old 03-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

yeah Ive figured out how to take a razor blade amd cut a fine line down it the turn it over to the dull side on the wires and it slides right though almost every time
Old 03-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #30
RCC Addict

That helps... right now my wires are a mess but some zip ties should fix that

Aah where's the vids
Old 03-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That helps... right now my wires are a mess but some zip ties should fix that

Aah where's the vids
Gotta convence the GF to let me barrow her camera....I dont have a good reputation using video cams

Im working on it trust me