Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: tires rubbing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default tires rubbing

I recently installed some Losi 4" shocks and some Sedonas, and the front tires are rubbing on my lower links when I turn left or right. Just wondering what to do to stop this. Thanks.
bishballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishballs View Post
I recently installed some Losi 4" shocks and some Sedonas, and the front tires are rubbing on my lower links when I turn left or right. Just wondering what to do to stop this. Thanks.
A pic would help you get some useful replies.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You could get some Junfac wideners or if you run VP wheels go with a wider offset. Running Sedonas your probably still gonna rub your lower links and shocks.

What chassis? Do you have your shocks inboarded to make more room for steering?
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian3323 View Post
You could get some Junfac wideners or if you run VP wheels go with a wider offset. Running Sedonas your probably still gonna rub your lower links and shocks.

What chassis? Do you have your shocks inboarded to make more room for steering?
Stock chassis. What do you mean "inboarded"?
bishballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Mine rub at full turn, hasn't hurt the tires or links yet.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I have moved my shocks and lower links in to allow more room for more steering.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #7
Try to Bend it

The Sedona's are a wide tyre so on a relatively stock setup they will rub regardless. Don't worry about getting wideners as they will put increased pressure on the differential components. You could however look at buying yourself some narrower wheels which will intern narrow your tyres another option is the VP Shock Razors which allow you to mount your shock at a different location on the dif and bring them in closer to the centre line of the vehicle. If your shocks are still mounted out board see if you can inboard them to gain some more room.
HTH
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

X2 to what highlucks said....get yourself some narrower wheels or if you don't mind spending a bit more get some variable offset hubs along with some VP wheels. What wheels are you currently running?
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
No idea what I'm doing

Inboarding will help and so will the Razors if your shocks are rubbing....or you can just set your endpoints so your truck only goes straight

Seriously though, a little bit of rubbing isn't going to hurt....if it's severe, try inboarding. Also if you are running the stock chassis, do you still have your lower links mounted to the outside? moving them in at the chassis will also help.

Good luck
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Has anyone come up with a cheaper option than VP wheels to widening an axle using 300s?
TC09mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC09minilosi View Post
Has anyone come up with a cheaper option than VP wheels to widening an axle using 300s?
Junfac makes an axle widener that bolts on to your hexs, but if you can afford 300's you can afford to get your self some VP wheels. DH and DH2's will be getting two wider offset hubs very soon. Or so I'm told, but they have been saying that for quite a while now. The new hubs will be wider in 1/8" increments
Old 02-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian3323 View Post
Junfac makes an axle widener that bolts on to your hexs, but if you can afford 300's you can afford to get your self some VP wheels. DH and DH2's will be getting two wider offset hubs very soon. Or so I'm told, but they have been saying that for quite a while now. The new hubs will be wider in 1/8" increments
I've spent enough on my sportsman and really didn't want to go in for another sent of VP wheels. They are hands down the best, (I've got a few sets) just not wanted to spend 150 when I could do the same for 30ish. The hex idea is good, the real problem with 300's is the thread being so large. I have yet to find a company that makes a large enough thread.
TC09mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #13
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

You can put spacers between the wheel and hub. I used 3/16" dia., 3/16" long alum spacers, and 7/8" long bolts on DH's to make them wider. You will have to clearance the spacers after assembly, I used a drill to make room for the wheel nut to fit.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote