Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Fastback II - Back in Black

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #241
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJJPWrangler View Post
Threw a scale on the paper, and it is dead on 1" x .5" Thats the only thing that measures up correctly. Everything else is off.

EDIT: I've got the lower plates figured out.Still trying to figure out the small side plates.
The small side plates were just something I threw on there...they can be used instead of the larger plate, but they don't cover the motor well so I don't really advise them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narly1 View Post
My chassis showed up in the mail yesterday.

Thanks Juan,

Narly1
Excellent! I've been wondering how the shipments to the North were going.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #242
Rock Stacker

How would someone go about getting one of these chassis? I went to the website and didnt see anything that i coul do anything with. LOL Just curious, this thing looks freakin sweet!
CrawlerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #243
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
The small side plates were just something I threw on there...they can be used instead of the larger plate, but they don't cover the motor well so I don't really advise them.

Excellent! I've been wondering how the shipments to the North were going.

Aha! that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!
YJJPWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:15 AM   #244
RCC Addict

I got mine yesterday too. Seems the long shipping is over... I got some rc4wd stuff yesterday and it was ordered a week after yours Juan. Just so you know in case guys are saying they haven't got them. Thanks for the sweet piece of machinery.
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #245
Rock Crawler

Wahoo, got the FBII and D-mount today Looks really good, thanks Juan. I am not build ready yet, still collecting parts for the makeover my Black Betty is going to get though .

So I am going to transform my boxstock AX10 in badass sportsman crawler. I think I need new center shafts, shocks and links, correct ?

Can you use the axial stock center driveshafts? Just curious, I want the MIP centershafts, but i am not sure which ones to get. What length do you need ? And are front and rear of equal length ?

Are the stock shocks useable or should I better go for some nice axial or losi crawlerschocks ?

Are the stock aluminium links useable when building up this awesome chassis or do I need to make some custom links ? Are there any vendors that make links for the FB chassis ?

I hope you guys can help me in the right direction, I really don't want to f*(k this build up. Thanks a bunch
Haastnooit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #246
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSNT View Post
Wahoo, got the FBII and D-mount today Looks really good, thanks Juan. I am not build ready yet, still collecting parts for the makeover my Black Betty is going to get though .

So I am going to transform my boxstock AX10 in badass sportsman crawler. I think I need new center shafts, shocks and links, correct ?
At a minimum, you'll need to modify your center shafts (front needs to be shorter), and new links, as the lengths are quite different from stock

Can you use the axial stock center driveshafts? Just curious, I want the MIP centershafts, but i am not sure which ones to get. What length do you need ? And are front and rear of equal length ?
You can get the MIP shafts for ax10 w/ dig, except the short shaft is going to go on the front. I'm running a dig on my OG FB and they fit pretty well that way. You should be able to get away with the stock shafts for a while though.

Are the stock shocks useable or should I better go for some nice axial or losi crawlerschocks ?
IMO, this is a good time to upgrade. Axial, Losi, or Traxxas big bores will all work. Just make sure they're 4"

Are the stock aluminium links useable when building up this awesome chassis or do I need to make some custom links ? Are there any vendors that make links for the FB chassis ?
You'll need new links as the geometry is totally different from stock. They're really not that hard to make yourself, but I'm pretty sure there are at least a few vendors who'll make custom links.

I hope you guys can help me in the right direction, I really don't want to f*(k this build up. Thanks a bunch
Spend a lot of time reading other FB build threads, most of them are chock-full of great tech. Good luck w/ the build and let's see some pics!
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #247
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the comments, I am reading de Fb buildtreads and then (probably) slowly collecting the additional parts needed. When I am done next year, I'll post up a pic
Haastnooit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #248
Rock Crawler

i had r2j build me some phatty straight fronts and bent rears . for my fastback 2. they look awesome.
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #249
Rock Crawler

yep r2j does an awesome job....and could probably use the business although it might be a tad bit slow... he just had a baby...well his wife did anyways..but he is worth it...hit him up
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #250
Quarry Creeper

Are any more of these available?
PowerCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #251
Pebble Pounder

will you be making more?
no1970ax1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #252
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCrazy View Post
Are any more of these available?
Now that the Autism Raffle has ended (Congratulations soilwork!), I have a few left. One is all white that I made along with a team driver's chassis. (Note: this one does not have Team Driver machined the side). Another was never paid for, so I'm making that one available too. I need to go back into my old PM's and figure out who were the first ones to ask, and I'll contact them. If they don't want it anymore, I'll post up here what I have left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1970ax1o View Post
will you be making more?
Yes, but it won't be for awhile....I'll try to get them done as fast as possible, and when they are finished I'll post in the original Fastback thread in the vendor's section.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #253
Pebble Pounder

Well I finally got the money to pay for the chassis. I am stoked to run the fastback II, even though the one I bought isn't exactly back in black. I will be sure to post pics when I get it all put together. Between this and my hh pro handwound on it's way, my crawler is going to be an all new beast.
Chevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #254
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevdog View Post
Well I finally got the money to pay for the chassis. I am stoked to run the fastback II, even though the one I bought isn't exactly back in black. I will be sure to post pics when I get it all put together. Between this and my hh pro handwound on it's way, my crawler is going to be an all new beast.
Yours went out today...I was going to send it Saturday, but I couldn't get your shipping info. I had "Signal Leakage" and Comcast shut me down until they could fix it. I'm just now back up and running. Should be to you before the weekend. Sorry about the delay.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #255
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I had "Signal Leakage"
Isn't there a pill for that?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #256
No idea what I'm doing

Back in stock
Old 07-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #257
Rock Crawler

Nice, good to see these are an in stock item now. I've been wondering what I'm going to do when part of my topper breaks. It hasn't yet.... but it will with the beating I've been putting this thing through.
kmnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #258
Pebble Pounder

I was thinking the same thing. The top is holding up really good, I've taken some pretty good drops with it and everythings held up. Getting a little rash on the top, but that's to be expected.
dogsofwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #259
Quarry Creeper

killer! ordered....

Thanks
durrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #260
Rock Crawler

There well worth it! I love mine! The shock mount is sick. I need to post some beater pics w/ the XR mods.
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote