Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Your idea on this...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Your idea on this...

Well i was thinking to continue with my on going project of my AX-10 into a scaler?

and what i mean by this is pretty much keep the stock AX-10 chassis

that possible?
and will it work??

Any steps to take during this process i should know about?
Nitroguy360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Exclamation

Creativity is the name of the game. There are quite a few post by people who have used the ax10 and built a scaler on the chassis. In my opinion make sure the wheel base will be compatible with your choice of vehicle. Also get that body as low as possible to cover the ax chassis plates. There are some great deals on scaler chassis's out there. Look at TCS X-trail awesome product and all compatible w/ ax10 parts.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
Creativity is the name of the game. There are quite a few post by people who have used the ax10 and built a scaler on the chassis. In my opinion make sure the wheel base will be compatible with your choice of vehicle. Also get that body as low as possible to cover the ax chassis plates. There are some great deals on scaler chassis's out there. Look at TCS X-trail awesome product and all compatible w/ ax10 parts.

Well his is what i got so far ..i have LOTS of ideas to go with.. and as u said about covering the axial chassis im using a small black plate to do that

Old 03-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I love that so far, no joke I was about to exactly the same body but I sold my AX10 when I finished up my GC3A. I was going to run RC4WD dually wheels and use it as a tow vehicle for my comp rig and drift car.
cagedcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Ya man ! Thats what I was referring too. You may want to move that rear axle back a little to square it up to the body.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I don't know if ya plan on attending any scale comps but with the current rules that won't pass tech due to the chassis
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedcbr View Post
I love that so far, no joke I was about to exactly the same body but I sold my AX10 when I finished up my GC3A. I was going to run RC4WD dually wheels and use it as a tow vehicle for my comp rig and drift car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
Ya man ! Thats what I was referring too. You may want to move that rear axle back a little to square it up to the body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4lyf View Post
I don't know if ya plan on attending any scale comps but with the current rules that won't pass tech due to the chassis
Yea i actually streatch the entire ax10 to fir this body.. so im still working on it part by part.. i wana get my rig hop up with aluminum things as ive done so far before leading on to the whole scale part. and no i do not tend to show at and crawling comps with this rig. this is my 2.2 scaler =p i will do trails with this...
Old 03-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Yes ladies and gents, I used it AND IT WORKS!!!
ALTHOUGH.. i did have to take the dremel cut blade and cut them so they will fit just right without the shaft play

#5319 turn buckles for my lower links, good because they stretch out some

Integy Steering links WOOT

As u see here to i had to relocate the body post because it would not fit on the body properly
where the antenna is pointing is the actual hole for the body post but i move them up to the electronic tray arms

And this was from tonight.. i still have LOTS to do, and ill be posting here.. Id love to continue hearing everyones input it helps me alot. specially for being so new in this crawler/scaler area.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I'm taking this one step farther. I want to be able to easilly swap from scaler to comp trim, so I am building a seconday frame that quickly attaches to the AX10 frame.

I'm in the rough cutting and fitting stage right now.

Alignment check on the AX10 frame:

Fit test on the Comanche Body:
Mud Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Puppy View Post
I'm taking this one step farther. I want to be able to easilly swap from scaler to comp trim, so I am building a seconday frame that quickly attaches to the AX10 frame.

I'm in the rough cutting and fitting stage right now.

Alignment check on the AX10 frame:

Fit test on the Comanche Body:
good shit man!!

i was looking at the TCS X-Trail chassis toight, i might just go with that if this doesnt turn out the way id like it to