Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: JoNeS'N Frogger V2.1 "The Poison Dart"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #61
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
Crap! Still waiting? Hmmmm....if you dont have it in another week, I will refund you.

Casey
Shipping from China takes time, its just how it is. They didn't coin the phrase "slow boat from China" for nothing...

Pretty much anything that I've ever ordered that comes directly from there takes 2 weeks minimum. Sometimes its a month...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 01:31 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

Hey Casey the new frog is looking great and congates to you and the west Aussie brothers hilucks and stewbaru on the website , Job well done to all of you
RockMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:43 AM   #63
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMafia View Post
Hey Casey the new frog is looking great and congates to you and the west Aussie brothers hilucks and stewbaru on the website , Job well done to all of you
Thanks a ton mate! Yeah, once in awhile, those Aussie boys come up with some great ideas! That is why I pay them the big bucks.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:03 AM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Default Price

Jones I could be blind but I havn't seen a pricing on this chassis yet how much are they running?
carp40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:20 AM   #65
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp40 View Post
Jones I could be blind but I havn't seen a pricing on this chassis yet how much are they running?
You are not blind mate...pricing will be announced early next week when I place my order to the machinist. I still have some small items to handle, such as packaging, stickers, business cards, foams...etc. So, give me a couple more days.

Casey
Old 03-24-2011, 06:10 AM   #66
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Shipping from China takes time, its just how it is. They didn't coin the phrase "slow boat from China" for nothing...

Pretty much anything that I've ever ordered that comes directly from there takes 2 weeks minimum. Sometimes its a month...
For some reason this has been the case with customs everywhere. I've had problems with slow shipping to Singapore, and oddly enough even Canada has a Slow Boat these days...must be going through Lake Michigan or something because I can ride my bicycle to Canada and back in less time.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #67
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
For some reason this has been the case with customs everywhere. I've had problems with slow shipping to Singapore, and oddly enough even Canada has a Slow Boat these days...must be going through Lake Michigan or something because I can ride my bicycle to Canada and back in less time.
Yeah, Canada sucks because of their customs. As for shipping out of China, it really depends on how the post office people are feeling that day. The post office workers here work 7 days a week, get very little vacation, and no incentive to go the extra mile. So, it is all about luck here.

I tend to get about 7 to 10 days to Europe, and about 2 weeks to US, but in holiday season, that increases to 3 to 4 weeks. It sucks, but that is what $6 worth of shipping gets you. I just wish they had a service here with a tracking number. DHL for everything is just too much money.

Casey
Old 03-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #68
Suck it up!

Quote:
I tend to get about 7 to 10 days to Europe, and about 2 weeks to US, but in holiday season, that increases to 3 to 4 weeks. It sucks, but that is what $6 worth of shipping gets you. I just wish they had a service here with a tracking number. DHL for everything is just too much money.

Casey
Sounds like you need a US distributor.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #69
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Sounds like you need a US distributor.
It is funny you mentioned this. I had this conversation with my dad last week. He wants to do it out of Idaho. It is definitely under consideration.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
You are not blind mate...pricing will be announced early next week when I place my order to the machinist. I still have some small items to handle, such as packaging, stickers, business cards, foams...etc. So, give me a couple more days.

Casey
Can't wait for this. I've been messing with a DNA triple SSS chassis for weeks now and it's just not working out for me, so i've been looking for other options. Very excited to see the pricing on this sucker for my sportsman rig.
glondark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Casey

Foams?
DioptricStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #72
Try to Bend it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DioptricStraw View Post
Foams?
For packaging....Sorry if he got your hopes up.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

only issue i see is that body panel is not legal, it has a hole in it and is not solid....

kewl looking rig ya have there....might build a tuber look-a-like of it ..........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #74
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
only issue i see is that body panel is not legal, it has a hole in it and is not solid....

kewl looking rig ya have there....might build a tuber look-a-like of it ..........bob

Yeah, it has a hole in it because I did not feel like shaving the motor plate. That is all that needs to happen. 5 minutes, and done.

Casey
Old 03-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

I'm loving this chassis, I may have to cancel my wraith pre-order to build one of these. One question I have is were do you source that bead rolled looking roof panel? Is that part of the chassis? Will this be long lived or will there only be the first 50. I do have some spare axles and tranny I'm dying to do something with.
cagedcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #76
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedcbr View Post
I'm loving this chassis, I may have to cancel my wraith pre-order to build one of these. One question I have is were do you source that bead rolled looking roof panel? Is that part of the chassis? Will this be long lived or will there only be the first 50. I do have some spare axles and tranny I'm dying to do something with.
First question...I bought this

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/pro332600.htm

It is the GMC topkick body. I just cut panels out of it to fit what I needed.

As for longevity, I plan to pump these things as long as people will buy them. I am supremely confident. I have been testing, and the stability and ability is awesome. I will push, push, push this chassis.

Casey
Old 03-25-2011, 01:48 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

One thing I really like about this chassis is how the skid plate integrates into the side plates, its sort of 'keyed in'.

This was the first feature I noticed when I saw Proto 1.
I am glad to see it carried over. You can bet I will catch up with Highlucks over the weekend and see how this is coming together.
stewbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:21 AM   #78
Croakin' across the pond!

Casey, have you outboarded the upper links at the chassis? - it looks that way.

Also, does the new design remove the need for Vanquish Razors? They're sooo difficult to get shipped over to Europe for the right price.

Just a comment on shipping, I've had no problem at all with the stuff that you've shipped to me - 6-10 days and no UK Customs hassle, straight in under the radar. As soon as you start using DHL or worse, USPS, then they use a UK handler - this immediately invokes a customs charge (typically 25%), and then a handling fee on top which is often in the region of $15-$20. TAX IS PAID ON THE TOTAL COST - Item+ shipping+ duty (yes, the duty is taxed - talk about having cake and eating it)! - This is what makes the $15 Razors and $20 EEm skids so expensive to buy from the 'states. What I need is a HK supplier of custom US crawler stuff!!
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #79
Tossin' Salad

Dasher, as for upper links...it is all up to the individual and his/her setup. My dig rig has front and rear uppers outboarded, but my sporty rig has just the rears outboarded. However, Highlucks is building his with both front and rear inboarded.

As for the Razors, I am not using them on my sportsman rig. You wont need them. I have my rear shocks outboarded...and it works really well.

Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
Casey, have you outboarded the upper links at the chassis? - it looks that way.

Also, does the new design remove the need for Vanquish Razors? They're sooo difficult to get shipped over to Europe for the right price.

Just a comment on shipping, I've had no problem at all with the stuff that you've shipped to me - 6-10 days and no UK Customs hassle, straight in under the radar. As soon as you start using DHL or worse, USPS, then they use a UK handler - this immediately invokes a customs charge (typically 25%), and then a handling fee on top which is often in the region of $15-$20. TAX IS PAID ON THE TOTAL COST - Item+ shipping+ duty (yes, the duty is taxed - talk about having cake and eating it)! - This is what makes the $15 Razors and $20 EEm skids so expensive to buy from the 'states. What I need is a HK supplier of custom US crawler stuff!!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #80
Croakin' across the pond!

Thanks Casey
No need for Razors is good news, although I've got the Frogger trimmed up well without them, it will get some eventually.

David
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote