Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ax10 mod advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 06:44 AM   #1

Default ax10 mod advice

1st off i'de like to apologize for this LONG LIST.. but really need ytour guys help!!!....So i have a axial ax10. Has a novak 55t motor and novak rooster esc.bent front and rear links. just installed 4 link setup in rear yesterday, was going to do rear but they didnt have the BTA or OTA kit for 4 link, was thinking of drilling holes in my BTA or OTA kit i have now. also have hitec 645mg servo. and battery pack mounted on the plate kit sitting over the front axle.what im trying to accomplish is get is lowered down a bit, and not quite sure how. also i guess you would call it torque twist going into reverse from forward left rear tire pops up in the air..lol..also when i go and put 1 wheel up the side of the door or other places it doesnt drop or twist,articulate whatever is the correct term. it does sometimes but when it doesnt a lil nudge and it drops.. im running 2 strips of wheel weights on each front tire and 1 strip on each rear, LHS said less weight in rear?. So what i need help with without having to buy a new chassis yet is how to get it to twist or artic down easier when going over obstacles. lower it or have ir droop down. and probally softer suspension?? from bottom of chassis to floor im at almost 5inches or so now, and was told around 2 inches is good..also 1 mod i did do since my links were rubbing against my shocks was mount my shocks in the bracket with a 6x6mm axial spacer used a longer bolt and attached link on the outside of that bracket saw some people on here with that kinda setup and works no more rubbing..so if you guys can give me some ideas of what i can do, Like change oil weight shock parts put on new jconcepts tires were a little bigger than my lose rock claws am i better off with the losis. i wanted a taller tire cause i saw a mod on here how someone lowered there body really low and said they were able to flip it back over if it rolled cause tires were above the body... so i know this is alot to ask but if you guys could please help me, i just got into crawling sold my newer tmaxx 3.3 for this, love it ALOT, just want the truck dialed in. also i keep snapping the shaft right at the yoke how can i prevent that besides those expensive metal driveshafts. i even had the alum driveshaft covers on.i heards tmaxx driveshafts would work if cut down?. and last but not least i saw they make a bracket that moves ur bidy mounts fromn the side to top, i was told by a buddy just drill the 1's u have now screw them in by 1 of the empty upper shock mounting locations and have your body low as you want and easier to remove, how do i mark where to drill the holes, i've always been terrible at making the holes in the right spot even on my tmaxx fior exhaust outlet etc..lol..So besides all thatr whatever type of DIY mods you guys have tried or know of that recomend please let m know.and whjatever answers you have if you have pics to help explain i'de greatly appreciate it.
gixrsixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Heres what you need to do.

1. Start paying attention in english class, that was miserable to read.

2. Go read the stickies at the top of the AX10 forum, more specifically the tips and tricks thread. The tips and tricks should solve the height, weight and driveshaft problems for sure. Torque twist can be tuned out of your vehicle by "tinkering".
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

+1 on your original post being hard to read. Spelling and grammar go a long way towards effective communication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrsixr View Post
and last but not least i saw they make a bracket that moves ur bidy mounts fromn the side to top, i was told by a buddy just drill the 1's u have now screw them in by 1 of the empty upper shock mounting locations and have your body low as you want and easier to remove
Gunnar Body Mounts

Quote:
how do i mark where to drill the holes, i've always been terrible at making the holes in the right spot even on my tmaxx fior exhaust outlet etc..lol..
Stick wads of Playdoh on the inside of your body roughly where the posts will stick through. Press body down on top of chassis. The posts will make indentations in the Playdoh where you need to drill the holes. Start with a small hole first and work up to the post diameter for best appearance and accuracy of placement. A body reamer also helps.

Quote:
.So besides all thatr whatever type of DIY mods you guys have tried or know of that recomend please let m know.
Gixrsixr, it's all here on this forum....get reading!!!

Narly1
Narly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

The original post was hard to read! I did not read the whole thing due to that. Break it up if you have that much to say.
SI10 LAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #5

Default mods

i was typing it in the dark, The wife was sleeping but i was trying to state simple facts of what i am trying to accomplish. the rude remarks arent going to do much for me, better to give some positive and lean me towards the direction i'm looking to go. anyways. if anyone could help i'de appreciate it. if they need me to re spell or correct the way i will, even if you can help with just 1 thing i'de be thankfull. No more negativity please!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Ok to lower it do something like this cept with fuel tubing, part I. Before we go any further please post pics of your rig side shot, front shot, rear shot and top shot. This way we can see how you have things set up.
Wicked Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i was typing it in the dark, The wife was sleeping but i was trying to state simple facts of what i am trying to accomplish. the rude remarks arent going to do much for me, better to give some positive and lean me towards the direction i'm looking to go. anyways. if anyone could help i'de appreciate it. if they need me to re spell or correct the way i will, even if you can help with just 1 thing i'de be thankfull. No more negativity please!
If you compose your questions in such a way that others can easily understand just what it is you're asking about, you'll get better results.

This thread (and all the other threads it points you to) should answer most of your questions:

Axial tips and tricks

Narly1
Narly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Especially for the ax10 there is so much info here it's rediculous. I have to agree with everyone here, because every question you asked has been thouroughly addressed somewhere in this forum. I'm not trying to be a dink but by searching for your answers you'll find the answers to questions you didn't even know you had yet. Good luck and enjoy!
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #9

Default pictures

i Cant post pictures up here? 1st time i had a problem a member helped me and i just e-mailed him the pics from my phone....why cant i posy pics up here. sorry only been on this site a week not sure how it all works yet................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Klown View Post
Ok to lower it do something like this cept with fuel tubing, part I. Before we go any further please post pics of your rig side shot, front shot, rear shot and top shot. This way we can see how you have things set up.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:08 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Try uploading to photobucket or tinypic. Guide to posting pics.
Wicked Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:16 AM   #11

Default pics

what pics should i put up what flex it can do now how i modified the suspension/ links. how it stands etc? dont wanna go overboard and get people angry again..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Klown View Post
Try uploading to photobucket or tinypic. Guide to posting pics.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:35 AM   #12

Default pics are here

ok can someone tell me if this photobucket works its a old 1 i forgot about. the truck in there that's the lowest thats what i want mine to look like but still be able to flex, and on mine seems after i re did my suspension links it doesnt flex as easy as before but the way it was before it bound up with the shocks etc long story... so now can you tell me what i need to do to get mine as low as the guys in there .. and flex alot easier. sometimes gotta turn my wheels back and forth to get the suspension to drop down, does that make sense??... http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/wayfastytee/
Quote:
what pics should i put up what flex it can do now how i modified the suspension/ links. how it stands etc? dont wanna go overboard and get people angry again..
Old 03-25-2011, 06:50 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Check that your lower links aren't being stopped by the frame side mount of the upper links. My rear bent lowers were hitting the upper link mount when flexed, I went to longer uppers mounted on the next set of holes toward the center of the frame.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:33 AM   #14

u talking about lower links hitting the 3link bar or 4 link bars if u have 4 link? mine almost hit them barely clear but dont touch em luckily.hoe does your crawl etc,any pics of it? and a list of mods.also im happy with all mine has i think for now. just want it lower like that guy had in the pic in my photobucket,and i deff think im going to switch to some kind of different shock mine are stock not even the threaded adjustable plastic 1's either. im running red tipped up front and blue in rear. and i just want it to articulate easier. see what happens. im searching through alot!!!! of threads :(. oh and i measure again if anyone is looking at this thread and can help bottom of my frame to ground is exactly 3" what should i be sitting at ?..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMGREG View Post
Check that your lower links aren't being stopped by the frame side mount of the upper links. My rear bent lowers were hitting the upper link mount when flexed, I went to longer uppers mounted on the next set of holes toward the center of the frame.

Last edited by gixrsixr; 03-25-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #15

Default where in California you from?

There is a So Cal Comp this weekend up in the High Desert. All questions could be answered by checking out other people's rigs. If you speak better than you type, they might also answer questions for you as well.
gernade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #16

im typing in the dark cause wifes asleep, i just got home from work so using my cell phone as a flashlight doesnt allow me to see the keys that well.sorry. im in nor cal bay area Sonoma county, place called santa rosa..
Quote:
Originally Posted by gernade View Post
There is a So Cal Comp this weekend up in the High Desert. All questions could be answered by checking out other people's rigs. If you speak better than you type, they might also answer questions for you as well.