Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX10 has went bananas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default AX10 has went bananas

I have probably what will be a simple question for some people on here. I have a newer ax10 rtc with the new ae-2 esc and 2.4ghz system and so far for the month or so i have owned the thing it has been the smoothest operating r/c I have ever driven. It is bascially stock and is powered by 1500mah 2/3a saddle pack on the front axle. I was crawlin on my mountain last night and all the sudden it would just randomly full throttle itself for a split second a few times and then settle down for a minute. I did nothing to the truck on the past week and the battery is new and been 100% reliable, not to mention was fully charged. I checked the antenna for knicks, check transmitter batteries and even slapped some new ones in. I swapped my other perfect battery in and same deal. I do not have to be turning or even giving any throttle for that matter and it will start gltiching.
Thanks for reading and any direction will be much appreciated-Steven
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by It usually runs fine View Post
I have probably what will be a simple question for some people on here. I have a newer ax10 rtc with the new ae-2 esc and 2.4ghz system and so far for the month or so i have owned the thing it has been the smoothest operating r/c I have ever driven. It is bascially stock and is powered by 1500mah 2/3a saddle pack on the front axle. I was crawlin on my mountain last night and all the sudden it would just randomly full throttle itself for a split second a few times and then settle down for a minute. I did nothing to the truck on the past week and the battery is new and been 100% reliable, not to mention was fully charged. I checked the antenna for knicks, check transmitter batteries and even slapped some new ones in. I swapped my other perfect battery in and same deal. I do not have to be turning or even giving any throttle for that matter and it will start gltiching.
Thanks for reading and any direction will be much appreciated-Steven

On your transmitter check the antenna connection see if its connected properly (twisted in)

Maybe take it apart and see if a soldier has came apart from the antenna?

maybe you have to program the Ecu with the castle link?

Honestly im not sure but id thought id throw some ideas at u
Nitroguy360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Tossin' Salad

Is it possible that you have it sitting next to some sort of humidity source? Maybe check for condensation inside your RX. Just a thought. When I got my rig wet...it did all kinds of things for awhile...it was possessed.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I will check all of those things when i get home. Thanks for the replies guys.
It's just weird because I have an all out crawler already so I really baby this ax10 and it just decided to go kookoo. I need to get ahold of a castle link and see whats up.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Just wondering if your radio is like some of the older Spektrum gear where the transmitter steering and throttle positions held during the bind process are programmed into the receiver as "fail-safe" settings.

Could your receiver be losing signal somehow and defaulting to some unintentional fail safe settings?

Narly1
Narly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I tried to unbind it and re bind it, but it didn't work like I planned.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Ok now the esc is making all kinds of beeping sequences and the truck will not respond at all?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
MODERATOR™

Does it usually run fine?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by It usually runs fine View Post
Ok now the esc is making all kinds of beeping sequences and the truck will not respond at all?
sounds like you have to reprogram your ESC to your throttle points.
treday619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by treday619 View Post
sounds like you have to reprogram your ESC to your throttle points.
Ok, I assume I can do that on castle link? A guy local to me has one and I am about to go see i we can straighten her out.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #11

Look in the manual and see if your can re calibrate the esc. I had a similar problem with my Traxxas Slash.
Skipdog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Ok found the issue. Hooked the esc up to castle link and everything was fine. but we did up the drag brake to the full 100% and update. We binded a different radio and reciever to the truck and no glitching, now I have to get axial to exchange it for the meantime.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #13
I joined the Band!

The axial guys seem pretty cool. I have talked to them on the Phone, Try calling them before you email them. You could just probaly send in your 2.4 radio and receiver they will get it working or send you a replacement. Glad to hear the ESC is working...I just got one also. The Castle Link is almost a must have...My Drag brake was set at 50% from the factory. Had to get a Castle Link to boost that up to 100%
skullking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I have talked to Scott from Axial and he was legit. I wish they would send me the radio first instead of me first, but I inderstand why they will not.