Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My "Frogger" build "Litoria xanthomera"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Arrow My "Frogger" build "Litoria xanthomera"

This where I started before the "Frogger" chassis :

With some new components and the "frogger" chassis :

Almost complete : (waiting on some beadlocks from MTHead) and some final suspension tweaks

Consisting of the following :

STRC Stuff (Skid/rods/rear axle lock outs/Knuckles/C-hubs)
MIP shafts
TCS boomerang and servo mount
(I believe) 3racing aluminum trans housing
3racing output shaft ( I am waiting to break it !)
7 cell saddle packs
HH 540 Torquemaster 45t
Airtronics 94780m servo
Novac Rooster Crawler
Losi Comp Claws

When more money can be thrown at this project wants are :

Lipo set up
beef toobs By Casey
may be a dig ( will probably wait for the " Poison Dart " build )

Last edited by DRV KRAWLER; 03-26-2011 at 08:54 PM.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

OK that's it, I'm buying a poison dart. I want a bodiless set-up so bad after following a few builds. Are you panels real C/F or are those stickers, if they are real did you make them yourself they look amazing. Makes me want to do a bodiless with real kevlar panels
cagedcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
RCC Addict

They are vinyl I got off of Ebay and applied them to hand cut lexan. I am very happy with the results.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Croakin' across the pond!

Looks like you had the same fun squeezing the electronics in that I had - and there's so much space out the back!!
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Trying to keep that weight forward and low.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
They are vinyl I got off of Ebay and applied them to hand cut lexan. I am very happy with the results.
They look good! I also used hand cut lexan, but then painted it. I think that I overspecced my Lexan and used 1mm, is yours a lighter grade?

Also, did you put the vinyl on the inside?
Old 03-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Trying to keep that weight forward and low.
Me too, I've got a dead 60:40 split as weight on axles. I crept a little high by creating the roof void but its only got the RX in it - I can live with that, considering that as an Axial AX10 it had a NIMH 2000 battery up there!!

My rooster is hung upside down - I thought that since bats roost upside down then why can't an esc. This is a new mod so not sure how robust a fix it is yet, but I put two packs through it today and it's not moved!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I think I used I believe the .5 Lexan. It is not on the material protective film. I double checked before responding back.
Your rig is sweet ! I ve been keeping tabs on everyone that got the deal from Casey.
Keep me posted on the Rooster mount you did. I still mounted my Rooster on the front upper links. The rx is mounted high also.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #9

Quote:
I think I used I believe the .5 Lexan. It is not on the material protective film. I double checked before responding back.
Your rig is sweet ! I ve been keeping tabs on everyone that got the deal from Casey.
Keep me posted on the Rooster mount you did. I still mounted my Rooster on the front upper links. The rx is mounted high also.
Bringing the rooster off the links is well worth it. I've put in a x-member (turnbuckle) between the shock tops. The shocks are attached in the furthest away of the three mount holes. Once this is in place, you can fix a lexan plate 45mm x 55mm under the turnbuckle and the chassis x-member immediately forwards of it. Cover it in Velcro and do the same to the underside of the Rooster, offer them up and you'e away. Negligible effect on CoG and free movement of the links

The turnbuckle is the silver alloy brace in the photo. The lexan is stiff enough not to need a rear fastening - just make sure that it sits forwards of the Slipper adjuster nut
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2011, 03:25 AM   #10
Tossin' Salad

Man, I dont know how I missed these frogger builds. Maybe I need to take it easy on "grandpa's cough medicine."

I do love that green CF look. Very cool!

The only tech I want to add is this...the more you triangulate your lowers in the rear, the less torque twist you will have. Also, the closer to 3" that the skid gets to the ground, the better the overall capabilities.
Keep it up mate.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:53 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Nice looking Frogger Build mate job well done
RockMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Thank you Casey and Rockmafia ! WARNING WIFEY SAID I COULD ORDER A POISON DART ! F%$& YES ! ! !
Old 03-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Got these beadlocks from MTHead. I wanted to show them off. Also took some of Casey Jones advice on the rear suspension and re triangulated to reduce torque twist. Thanks Casey made a big difference.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Arrow

I was just dinking around this morning. Chatted a little with Camo. Thank you for your help and of course to Casey. You guy's ROCK !
I also posted some items for sale. Need more money "Poison Dart" is on its way.
I did not get as many comments on my "OG" as I had hoped. So, I'll put to the top and maybe catch somemore attention and a plug for items FOR SALE !
Old 06-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Well it has been awhile since I worked on " Litoria Xanthomera". I have been Wanting to pull the Transmission apart and Add Robinson Racing Products. So not only is it a 3 Racing Aluminum Housing it has Robinson Racing through out now (Bullet Proof).
I also was looking for a little more wheel spin power. So, until I get the Lipos for this and my current build ( The Official Tuolumne County Poison Dart). I figured upping the Pinion gear on the 45t TorqueMaster would help. Jumped up to a 16t Robinson Racing pinion gear. This in coordination to the 87t Spur will help a little.
Most of my money and time has been going into the "PD" build as of late. The "OG" was in need of a little time together. I really enjoy the "OG Frogger" platform. That is why I have been determined to not tear it down to complete the "PD" build. The "OG" deserves a Younger and stronger sybling to keep it performing.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Dude that OG is sick! I think if i had the chance i would have to grab one and plan another build lol.

and thats awesome you have the will power to not strip her to get the PD going,it would be very hard for me but like you said with the way she performs might change my mind.

any who lets see some vid of that clean girl(cant call her dirty,too CLEAN!!!)
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Ya, Old picture when I put her together. I do need to get video of her. I am looking forward to the change in the pinion. I really expect good things. I do realize she needs Lipo. I guess I need to start whoring myself out, to get the extra cash LOL ! I probably could not afford that, they would expect me to pay them.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I guess I need to start whoring myself out, to get the extra cash LOL ! I probably could not afford that, they would expect me to pay them.
Lol Yup that's how I got the pd built! Gotta have LiPo,ya got a LiPo capable charger already?
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:12 AM   #19
RCC Addict

No, not yet. I have some items picked out w/ Chris_the_battery_man. Other items to get first. Servo, Motor, ESC, BEC, Radio you know, EVERYTHING ! LOL!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Well , Just after my last post I was getting ready to do some video. My unbelievable luck came through like clock work. My one and only radio took a dump on me.
Had to order up something else to get it by. I am scrimping and saving as best I can to get the "Tuolumne County Poison Dart" up and running. Still many parts to aquire. The littlest things are are what nickles and dimes you.
I got a Traxxas 2.4 Radio off of the bay Pretty reasonable for a new out of a RTR unit. Took a little while to figure out the programming. I went with something inexpensive due to the fact my 3 year old son (as of the 18th) will be using it with the "OG".
I am starting to regret putting a 45t HH motor in it w/ a 16t pinion from Robinson Racing products though. A little to much snap and weight for a 3 year old LOL ! He got a hold of the remote and pretty well launched from the carpet into his mothers lap . Damn wish I had the video of that incident . That would have sure paid to finish my "PD" build and College for my son.