Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: zee Retour Rapide Deux

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #101
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
Mmp will be fine. Been running two of that setup on my berg with some hoss 35s and the escs always temp fine even after really hard runs.
Good to know. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
Hows the rims holding
Good so far, but I haven't done much other than bomb around on the garage floor. Hopefully it'll dry out later this week and I can get the whole mess on some rocks and see what it can do.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #102
Pebble Pounder

Hey duuuuuuude, can you take a pic of the passenger side of your rig and show how your body panel is a attatched and what it looks like. On my fastback I it seems like my motor sticks out super far. I am running vp dig, I was just wondering how it is going to work with my fastback II. I don't think that just changed the width of the chassis, so I guess it won't make a difference. Just want to see if you ran into the same problem.
Chevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #103
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevdog View Post
Hey duuuuuuude, can you take a pic of the passenger side of your rig and show how your body panel is a attatched and what it looks like. On my fastback I it seems like my motor sticks out super far. I am running vp dig, I was just wondering how it is going to work with my fastback II. I don't think that just changed the width of the chassis, so I guess it won't make a difference. Just want to see if you ran into the same problem.
My motor hangs out a fair bit too. Probably less than yours since I'm not running a dig, but it is mounted with the endbell facing forward, so it needs to be protected. I used Juan's templates as a starting point and added to them to go around the motor and tuck in underneath it. I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Gotcha, its been dry out here but im busy working on my rig so no crawling yet

I know yours are almost the same as mine only yours have aluminum rings and mine have flexing Delrin ones that said ive yet to yank a bead off on the rims yet, even when I had the car so bound up it was popping my drive shaft off

PS: sometime next week keep your eyes out for a small care-package from me if all goes well in proto land
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:49 PM   #105
Suck it up!

Yeah, I can't say I'm worried about losing a bead on these.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #106
Suck it up!

Motor side pics as requested.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

build is looking good, but I'm curious to see how long the ESC lasts on the front axle. Have you thought about swapping it with the battery? My batteries always took a beating up there. I know I would of destroyed an ESC.
dstrbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #108
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrbd1 View Post
build is looking good, but I'm curious to see how long the ESC lasts on the front axle. Have you thought about swapping it with the battery? My batteries always took a beating up there. I know I would of destroyed an ESC.
The battery simply won't fit. I tried all kinds of positions and configurations and it was a no go.

But yes, it is getting a beating, which is another reason why I'm considering the Mamba Micro. Its smaller size would allow it to tuck in tighter, and be easier to build a protective cover for (which is something I'm currently pondering for the MM).
Old 04-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #109
RCC Addict

Thought of a small lexan cover to go over it, even if it is just 'draped over' and held on with some zip ties, that could help take a little of the impact off it.

There is no way to make a little "front links" mount for the ESC. I am running a small tab off my front servo plate and in the middle of the links I have a tab holding my electronics... photo later
Old 04-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #110
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
Thought of a small lexan cover to go over it, even if it is just 'draped over' and held on with some zip ties, that could help take a little of the impact off it.

There is no way to make a little "front links" mount for the ESC. I am running a small tab off my front servo plate and in the middle of the links I have a tab holding my electronics... photo later
I don't know that lexan would be enough to protect the capacitors, which are my main concern. Knock one of those puppies loose and its game over. I'm considering aluminum.

I would love to mount it on the front links, but with the suspension fully compressed I barely have 1/2" between them and the nose of the chassis.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #111
Rock Crawler

Duuuddddddddddde when does your suspension fully compress? You jumping this thing off 10' cliffs? lol

I put my sidewinder(about the same size) on the front links and it never effects the articulation.
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #112
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92LILREDYJ View Post
Duuuddddddddddde when does your suspension fully compress?
More than you think.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

I ran my front 4 link on top of the servo / battery tray and there was no room for a sidewinder up there. It had to go on the rear links. So I guess it all depends on link setup.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #114
Pebble Pounder

I'm guessing your old set up kinda looked like this dstrbd1, haha.

With battery to the right of the servo and the esc on top of the rear links.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

Almost exactly....Oh wait it is.......lol.... Been checking for your build thread. Hows it working for you?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:11 AM   #116
Pebble Pounder

It's been working great so far, I meant to make a build thread but didn't really take any pics in the build process so I didn't have much to show. The same day I bought the chassis from you, jaun came out with the fb II, so I ended up ordering another fb. It should be here sometime this week. I will for sure take pics of this new one since no one has made a build thread of a white one. Sorry duuuuuude, I will quit posting pics of my crawler in your thread, thanks again for the side shot of your body panel. On a aide note, how do you like the 5/16 delrin links? I've been thinking about making a set of bent uppers for my rear end to clear my bent lowers. Does the delrin seem to be very strong?
This is how it sits now:

Old 04-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #117
RCC Addict

Lookin good in the Fasback department!

I run 3/8" Delrin, just about the same as 5/16" right . It is strong, ive yet to break a link and it is a little flexy but the stuff can't be beat for slickness

As for bending, your better off with some custom 3/8" Delrin sheet "machined" links. Bending Delrin can be done but it doesn't make it as strong and it can be a headache to pull off... just my $.02 tho
Old 04-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #118
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrbd1 View Post
I ran my front 4 link on top of the servo / battery tray and there was no room for a sidewinder up there. It had to go on the rear links. So I guess it all depends on link setup.
I run mine under the 4 link plate. Yeah not much room if you run on top.
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #119
Suck it up!

I use 3/8 for the lowers, 5/16 for the upper rears, and 1/4 aluminum for the front uppers so I can bend them around the shocks. I've seen the 5/16 uppers give a little under heavy bind, but thats it.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

This is a great shot with the reflection looking good Dude.

Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote