Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My poison dart build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Ouch sorry on the CVD failing.

I don't think ive EVER seen anything like that with the rod-end/knuckle grabbing, I vote also on new rims

Radio, I got a 2PL and love it, all I can say is I love futaba radios I fly with an ancient one from I forget when
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

The only thing i don't like about the 2PL is the range the DX2S has a greater range.
DioptricStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DioptricStraw View Post
The only thing i don't like about the 2PL is the range the DX2S has a greater range.
Ive never personally had a "range" issue with my 2PL 2.4 even with a damaged rx antenna. Then again I tend to keep the car within about 300' of me at all times. It just was nice in my truggy not to worry about someone making it go haywire due to not asking if they were on my radio station
Old 04-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Yeah 2.4 is a MUST. I had an old FM radio, that lasted through 1 dead car...run over after it went nuts and was gone....

I dont know if anyone has had that happen and hope it doesn't, its heartbreaking and heart stopping. That car was totaled, all I saved was some parts from the rear suspension rear wheels and most of the electronics.

After that it was 2.4 all the way and parking lots every time i drive them.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah 2.4 is a MUST. I had an old FM radio, that lasted through 1 dead car...run over after it went nuts and was gone....

I dont know if anyone has had that happen and hope it doesn't, its heartbreaking and heart stopping. That car was totaled, all I saved was some parts from the rear suspension rear wheels and most of the electronics.

After that it was 2.4 all the way and parking lots every time i drive them.
I had one runaway when I was at a track and my truggy with a Mach 427 decided to go haywire. I was going near WOT for a tripple thinking "ya i can clear it" and on landing something went haywire and the throttle jammed at near full open. I instantly mashed the brakes on to no luck and tried to spin the car around. It took a bee line for the edge of the track, flew 4' into the air, and landed on its back revving out. 30 seconds later I limp over {bad knee...} and kill the engine. Nice part was I hit no one's cars or the 3 year old kid running around a minute before! I killed the motor {got a new conrod and piston and sleeve for it... wore the last of the pinch in the motor, it was a used one} killed the rear diff's internal gears and made me by 2.4

I think the worst part about a runaway is the helpless feeling of "what will it do" as it screams away and does what it does someone was praying to God that nothing went wrong... He delivered that day for sure
Old 04-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #66
Try to Bend it

I run a Futaba 3PM-X nice radio for the price but a little heavy cause it takes 8 x AA batteries. Seeing as you can pick up a 4PL now for just over $200 I would go for that and if you ever decide to go MOA you already have the perfect radio for it.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

I was thinking of going the 4PL route, but i want to make sure if i buy one it has the new software. How do you know if it does??

The only reason I still want to go Spektrum is that all the other cars I have are Spektrum recievers
Old 04-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #68
RcBros Hobbies

If you go into the electronic section in harleys 4PL tech thread it will list the serial numbers that need an update, when I needed my 4PL I contacted some online dealers and my LHS, all had at least one that did not need an update.

Get the 4PL it's the best buy for the money hands down.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Hey Sam let me know how it goes with either CVD's you choose. I ended up bending another pin yesterday just playing around. I gotta figure something out with these damn things.
cagedcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

I have the Axial CVDs in the SWX with gunnar pins and they are holding up really well even on 3s. I might try the 3Racing ones too.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #71
Tossin' Salad

I know it is a little late...but here are the skin templates for you.

http://www.jonesnrc.com/downloads.html
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:22 AM   #72
RCC Addict

Hey DioptricStraw,
Where you running the Gunnar CVD pins ?
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #73
Try to Bend it

He's probably running them in the CVD's just a guess
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

Not in those POS MIP shafts. I am running them in another set of Axial CVDs
Old 04-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Well, if you are going to try what ever you where doing at the time. Maybe you are a future customer for the 300's. I was going to but, I have way to much money to throw at items to ensure breaking things first. Highlucks I deserved that ! I should have known better than to post a statement like that.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:43 AM   #76
Rock Crawler

Well 300's are definitly not in my near future. Need a radio first, and i think i am going to be buying a 1:8 buggy soon. Axial CVDs have worked so far on my other rig so i think i will be using those with gunnar pins
Old 04-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Okay so radio has been picked, 4PL.

Funny thing is though until the LHS gets one one of the other guys is lending me his spare DX3R

There is definitely a MOA crawler in the future so i think the 4PL is the best choice. Maybe there will be a future Poison Dart XR10.....

Casey, maybe we can work on something?
Old 04-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #78
Tossin' Salad

Quote:

There is definitely a MOA crawler in the future so i think the 4PL is the best choice. Maybe there will be a future Poison Dart XR10.....

Casey, maybe we can work on something?
Well, funny you should mention...as Highlucks and I have been talking about this for the last month or so. I will chat with him in depth when I get back from Sydney.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Ooooooooooooooo

Can't wait, family of axial froggers... AX10 and XR10.

Hope i get my Junfac shafts tomorrow, going crawling after my half day at work tomorrow so i need the shafts to go. running 3s and plastic shafts not a good combo.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #80
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ooooooooooooooo

Can't wait, family of axial froggers... AX10 and XR10.

Hope i get my Junfac shafts tomorrow, going crawling after my half day at work tomorrow so i need the shafts to go. running 3s and plastic shafts not a good combo.
what shafts you running. I run a worn out Novak 55T which is no powerhouse but I am still running plastic shafts without really any issues on my rig minus one getting old and flying off