Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My poison dart build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

I will try to get there around 9-10. My fiance and i were in a car accident yesterday and both have wiplash so I cant stay for super long or do anything too stressful. But i will be there
DioptricStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Hope you are OK man ! Take care !
jimmyshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #103
RCC Addict

My blessings to you both. I hope your recovery is quick. Don't over do it take your time. Whiplash can be very serious, especially if you don't take it seriously.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #104
Quarry Creeper

Damn hope you and your fiance are OK, good idea to take it easy. Is someone going after RCCO members or what, crazy. By the way did you end up getting more wheel wideners when you ordered the driveshafts?
cagedcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

We took today off work and went to our first of many visits to the chiropractor. The wideners i got are actually for the 1/16 e-revo so the pins are a different size. Tomorrow is going to be a light weight kind of day, i think im only going to bring the 2 rigs and maybe a charger. No tools tomorrow.

Here is a picture of the damage, note how far the wheel is pushed towards the bumper. We were making a left turn after waiting for all the opposing vehicles to stop at the red light and a honda blew through the red light and hit the pass. rear at about 60KPH.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

OMG and both RCCO members got hit in Neons , why did I think you were driving a Saturn? Anyways, will you be able to bring the driveshafts, I put an Integy shaft back on the rear since I noticed your short driveshaft issue and since I don't have my dig yet.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

The neon is the wifes car. Mine is the saturn. Your in luck on top of getting you the scx10 shafts i got an extra one of the longer shafts
Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #108
Tossin' Salad

DAMN! Red light running bastards. Sorry to hear Sam. I hope you guys feel better.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #109
RCC Addict

OUCH! that's bad... hope your back up to 100% asap man! I have been in a rear-ender on the freeway in my moms minivan and I was almost over the impact point and it was not fun... Lets hope the good Lord and the chiropractor can fix ya up right
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #110
Croakin' across the pond!

OOh! That looks like a nasty one - take it easy as the whiplash will take a while to show its full effect.

Have you checked the trunk yet? You may recall putting a spanky new crawler in there that's now in bits and pieces - they're tricky things to assess these whiplash injuries when it comes down to the claim - especially if he did the red light!!

I was once rear ended and had some spindle back chairs in the trunk - took a couple of weeks for me to get round to looking in there - firewood!!!
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:24 AM   #111
Try to Bend it

Get well soon dude and don't rush back onto the rocks. who knows what damage you could do to your self on the rocks.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #112
Rock Crawler

Thanks for all the well wishes, I think my fiance is more upset about the car than anything. She loves that car.

Well I was feeling pretty good this morning so after some breakfast, and some anti-flam cream i headed to the LHS indoor crawling course. I used up 2 900mha 3s and 1 1300mha 3s then called it quits cause the wife needed my car to go mothers day shopping.

The new springs are working really well. I also picked up a 45t Novak Rock Star Expert Series Crawling Motor. I wasn't getting enough grunt with the 35t and all they had were these motors. I will get some pictures of it when i go to install it. I also picked up some 0.060" lexan for some new hardcases for batteries and made a roof/hood panel with it, i am going to pick up some 0.040" lexan for the sides next weekend.

Final work on the police report is that the other driver was at fault and is being charged with running a red light
So its just a matter of time and the insurance company to see whats going on with the car.

Last edited by DioptricStraw; 05-07-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Hey Sam I didn't realize you were actually leaving earlier, well I did but thought you were kind of sticking around for a bit more after packing up. I will give you some dinero on the weekend coming I guess. I ended up grabbing some zero ack knucks and my future Pro Comp rig LOL, need a lot of replacement stuff (now seriously thinking about a PD) but more than worth it in good parts alone. Hopefully I can get some more beefy steering figured out by Sunday.

By the way where did you get the delrin for the links on your SWX? or did you just purchase links? I have Glen's old truck all apart and cleaned up but I have to make some link and trying to find some delrin locally, any ideas.

Last edited by cagedcbr; 05-08-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedcbr View Post
Hey Sam I didn't realize you were actually leaving earlier, well I did but thought you were kind of sticking around for a bit more after packing up. I will give you some dinero on the weekend coming I guess. I ended up grabbing some zero ack knucks and my future Pro Comp rig LOL, need a lot of replacement stuff (now seriously thinking about a PD) but more than worth it in good parts alone. Hopefully I can get some more beefy steering figured out by Sunday.

By the way where did you get the delrin for the links on your SWX? or did you just purchase links? I have Glen's old truck all apart and cleaned up but I have to make some link and trying to find some delrin locally, any ideas.

I got the Delrin on ebay. I paid 25-30$. I would suggest buying or making a drilling guide though. You can give me the cashola after i woop your pants off in sportsman class this weekend.

After much thought this weekend the wife and i decided to go to the park to get our minds off all the stress. We went to go see the Sakura trees. For those who dont know what they are they are Japanese cherry trees and they are blooming this time of year which ties into my other hobby, photography. For more info check http://www.highparknature.org/wiki/w...ts.CherryTrees

Here is one of the pictures

I also brought the Poison Dart with me and got some video of it running in the empty pond/waterfall. All i can say is i am really happy with the way it is crawling now, this video is with the new motor installed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCoEkq_q58o
Old 05-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #115
Quarry Creeper

Cool thanks I will take a look around and see what I can find. As for the comp this weekend, hopefully I can come up with some extra coinage for a servo and make some steering linkage I will be OK. Hope I can pull off picking up a 7950 for my sportsman which means I'm going to need some stout linkage (OTA steering FTW)
Old 05-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

So it was her first comp today. She did really well for the first course and a half then disaster!

There weren't many people running sportsman but i did end up bringing home 2nd!

On a positive note i got 4th with my pro-class truck and i was the only shafty in pro.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #117
RCC Addict

Conrats on the second place, with breakage. Awesome placement in the Pro bracket. Everyone should be in fear of the new Generation of Poison Darts to come. LONG LIVE THE SHAFTY !
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #118
Quarry Creeper

I think we definately need comps more often, that was so much fun. Opened my eyes to a lot of tuning I need to do though. opefully later tonight I can figure out the binding I was having in the driveline.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

I don't know if i want to switch the two trucks between pro/sporty but i an considering it.

Got the 0.04 lexan for the side panels and masked them off so i can paint them at work during the week. I also masked off the roof and hood. i am going to be using purple pearl and white pactra paint (cause thats what the LHS had.

Have another VP dig on the side but i don't want two Pro class trucks. the other dig has a mini bracket that i will use if it goes in the poison dart.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #120
Try to Bend it

Good effort at the comp man. time for a Robson Racing solid gear I think.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote