Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Project La licorne fatale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Pretty sick transmission design. I might seriously copy it and try it with a Castle 1410 in there on a scaler. Pretty ingenious idea you have there!
NGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Well since no one else is complementing you on the paint job I will. I think it looks badass, way different than what everyone else is running. I think it will be great when you comp with it and kick some ass, and everyone will have to say they got beat by a pink crawler, haha. Overall, your rig is great, you have a lot of different things going on with it, it's like an ax-10 hibrid. You have xr parts but still a shafty at heart. Post up a video, I know we all want to see how it does. Great job Chris.
Chevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
I texted him, and have one on its way

Body Epica:

How does your brain feel now?
Nice. Also, that new girlfriend must have a lot of influence over you.....pink body with a unicorn, thats hilarious.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the kind words fellas. This thing truly drives exceptionally well. I honestly don't think I have had a better handling rig, if you take out the clod stall factor that is. I just need to plop in the 16t arm in the motor, and add about another 5 oz. Then I will be ready to hopefully do well at out AWCCQ next weekend. 1 more week to figure it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
Nice. Also, that new girlfriend must have a lot of influence over you.....pink body with a unicorn, thats hilarious.
No actually. The idea came before I met her. I wanted to build a seriously unfair truck, that looks seriously ghey. That way, the few people it whoops on, will be all sad-n-stuff that they got beaten by a faggy truck lol. I am actually really liking the paint though lol. Heres another pic with the "La Licorne Fatal" on it.

Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #65
Try to Bend it

I like it, its very you Chris
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
I like it, its very you Chris

Yeah, it is sexy and witty huh?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:16 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Looks good with all the stickers on.I look forward to seeing it in Long beach.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

C'mon man....pink ? The rig is , but the paint job purely....sucks...big time. A matte black would complete this beast...please remove the pink.
jimmyshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #69
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevdog View Post
Well since no one else is complementing you on the paint job I will. I think it looks badass, way different than what everyone else is running. I think it will be great when you comp with it and kick some ass, and everyone will have to say they got beat by a pink crawler, haha. Overall, your rig is great, you have a lot of different things going on with it, it's like an ax-10 hibrid. You have xr parts but still a shafty at heart. Post up a video, I know we all want to see how it does. Great job Chris.
What are you talking about? I complemented it, Sorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Hmm... pink & a unicorn. Makes me feel like a pu$$y already

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyshor View Post
C'mon man....pink ? The rig is , but the paint job purely....sucks...big time. A matte black would complete this beast...please remove the pink.
Oh come on. the pink isn't THAT bad... beside's pink is the new matte black this season. you'll be pissed when you're the only person not rocking pink.

Last edited by TSK; 05-06-2011 at 04:26 PM.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Oh come on. the pinnk isn't THAT bad... beside's pink is the new matte black this season. you'll be pissed when you're the only person not rocking pink.
Dont bet on it....My ideea remains: all the beauty, innovation and work vanish when the pink comes around.....only thing i would envy is that rig, that i dont have one just like it (without the pink, of course)
jimmyshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Did you use the front final shaft or the rear? It kinda looks like the 49mm front shaft, but I could be wrong. Have you been able to get any more testing in on the transmission? Did you use a template on the steering arms or just go at it? Btw, I'm kinda liking the paint! For sure gotta slap a "support the tata's" sticker on it now.
NGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

I am not sure what shaft it was to be honest. I got it in a bag of leftovers from a buddy who upgraded all that stuff. I pry have a little over an hour of solid running on it, and it seems to hold fine. The steering arms are just measurements.... no template.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
I just realized your using what looks like 18T springs on your shocks on the rig. Its nice minus the fact that they are harder than Losi whites
This may be true, but the angle the shocks are laid at, they need to be stiffer. Plus, the advantage of running 18th scale springs are that there's less for the tires to run into. And with all the steering I have, I need all the room I can get. Been running small springs since about late 09'
Old 05-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Rig looks sick Chris, It cool to see all these cool innovations on one rig. I cant wait for a vid on it doing work.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Well,

Tonight I got some time to work on her before this weekends qualifier. Found some binding in the front driveline that was helping a lack of smoothness on the bottom end. So I fixed that. The 16t arm that I got from Holmes made a world of a difference. And it's faster. So aside of a few finishing touches, shes ready to throw down at out AWCCQ.

Heres a pic of the little bracket I soldered on to keep from using an adapter plate on the puller motor. Works great so far. Also, Sour Puss let me use his HiTec 7954. He wanted me to see how well it works in a crawler, as well as trying to restore my faith in HiTec servos, which will probably never happen. But now shes all golden.

A quick video soon to come....

Old 05-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #76
RCC Addict

First i get beat by a teenager at the RECON Nor Cal AWCC Qualifier. Now this is what i have to contend with at the championship a pink rig with a unicorn on it. Damn i'm going to have to steo up my game.

Good luck this weekend
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Just a random quickie vid:

And apparently Vimeo wont embed here. Lame
Old 05-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Nice video. Im lovin it
Goatsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:40 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Well,

After putting some time through it, it was time for a little maintenance. Nuked the main output shaft bearing, and killed a gear. I also wasnt happy with the steering link and the front shocks. Found some cool OG ones in my parts bins, and modded em to fit. Feels much better now. Got some of the Vanquish shock re-locater brackets. Love em!. Moved the steering link on top of the arms, and behind the servo horn. Now it's out of the way.

Went to Tammies to grab a few things, then when I got home, realized that the 12t XR gears weren't the right ones. So I had to chuck it up in my drill press, and make my own hole. Turned out good. The hole is tight enough that the pin has to be punched out. So thats nice for strength, slop, and losing that pin when you have the trans apart.

Got her all ready for this weekend. She is probably the best handling truck I have driven, so I am excited to see how well she does in comp situations. I am going to try her at 4 lbs 3 oz. Should be fine there, but I will have some lead with me to tune a little before the comp. I also measured the steering... 60 degrees b!tchez! And with the new shocks, there is no tire rubbing at all at full steer

If I qualify, or decide to LCQ it, she will get a Vanquish trans housing and plate, SLW's, and boss claws.... But for now, this will do.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:13 AM   #80
Try to Bend it

Nice lock down shock spacers Chris

The build is going really well mate keep it up
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/312337-project-la-licorne-fatale.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Du coté XR10 de la force... This thread Refback 10-05-2011 03:02 PM
www.rccrawler-france.com: Forum Dedié aux Crawler et Scales Radio-Commandé en France, Conseils, Astuces pour Créations Chassis Complet, News, Galeries Photos, Liens Utiles • Afficher le sujet - Du coté XR10 de la force... This thread Refback 10-05-2011 02:35 AM
Transmission out of an XR10 gearbox? - Oregon R/C Rock Crawlers This thread Refback 10-05-2011 12:56 AM