Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: "The official Tuolumne County Poison Dart"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Well I finally got some updated pictures to show. I got my VP Dig installed and MIP drive shafts. I went ahead and installed VP DH's installed and SLW V4 the Rock Lizards are only for mock up. I could not wait to see rubber on these awesome wheels.

Here is the Dig installed

Now to all of you installing the Trans don't make make my same mistake. I was going to install just the Trans but, I did not get it far enough to the side. So, the motor was going to protrude outside of the frame rails. Epoxy is the hole filler. Measure twice but, cut once.

Here is the wheels

Here is the clearence before the new springs should remain the same though.

As it stands, I am waiting on some Jeepindoug Stand off shock ball mount. I have in my hot hands Jeepindoug mini-T spring cups and a assortment of Losi mini -T springs. I figure when the stand offs arrive I will do all of the shock set up.

Last edited by DRV KRAWLER; 05-22-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: grammar
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #42
Tossin' Salad

Man, that thing in blingin' fo sho! That epoxy filler job you did is quite good.

Keep up the good work!

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

nice rig man,where did u find the VP Dig?i am looking for it,for months now...
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #44
RCC Addict

I got the dig right here on RCC. Got a great deal too. I saw one the other day in the classifieds. It was brand new. It might still be available.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Just another side note. When installing the VP Dig. Ended up using a short MIP shaft up front. Also had to modify the rear shaft. It was to long and required a little shorting of the male and female portions. You can see the nice shiny spot on the female portion on the rear shaft.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Update : Got some really nice Losi Mini-T spring Cups and Stand off shock ball mounts from Jeepindoug. Man he builds some high quality stuff. Installed Losi Mini-T firm (front) and medium springs (Rear).
I ended up eliminating at this time, the actual stand off portion and just used washers for the shock mounts. I felt they came out too far from the chassis rails.

Going to go back and modify the shocks where springs meet lower portion of the shock bodies. At least for now, I do see some new shocks before the build is complete. These have been great for the set up.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #47
Try to Bend it

Some shiny shiny pictures right there. I just noticed you can go wider on you rear shock and link placement. The same as we have here. This is a shot of Caseys PD. The small amount of extra triangulation will help stability dramatically.

Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:17 PM   #48
RCC Addict

You know, I have looked at that photo a hundred times and never saw that. Good thing I have some spacers.
I was just on ebay trying to find a deal on some BIG BORES. I am a little concerned how much I can modify the plastic housings. At least before I hit oil.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #49
Tossin' Salad

To be honest, I did not like that setup. I switched to a longer rod end, and kept it inside the link mount with the lower link rod end.

Casey
Old 05-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #50
Try to Bend it

I think you should be safe to take the cap back just enough to fit inside the springs.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #51
RCC Addict

You both always have the best input. Thanks Highlucks, I will give it a try on the mod of the shock housing.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Took some time and filed down the shocks where springs meet up. It made quite a difference in the springs return to center. After quite a bit of flexing came to the conclusion, the shocks are going to be given a chance to perform. If they fail, they will meet the fate of all stock crawler components. It is up to them to perform or FAIL.
Ordered up the new tires today also. So, the Axial Rock Lizards are going back in a box for the next mock up. Or unless someone needs them ? Anyone ? Make a deal. Needing funds in the paypal.

Last edited by DRV KRAWLER; 05-26-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Added photos
Old 05-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #53
Rock Stacker

This is looking really really sweet. Keep up the great work
roadman440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Absolutely top notch!

This thread helped my decision to get a frogger PD chassis,thank you I was so undecided as to what chassis to go with.

Any who can't wait to see some pix of the T county poison dart bashing the rocks!
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #55
Rock Stacker

Default The Rustler Shocks?

Hi do you use the front or the rear shocks off a rustler because the fronts are shorter than the rear always wondered that? My chassis is on its way i can't wait!!
kliff_klimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Actually, I am using the front and the rear units from the Rustler. They are the perfect fit. The fronts are 3 1/2 inches in the front and 4 inches in the rear.
and to Mr. Crawl I can't wait to finsh the "Poison Dart" and bash the Hell out some Vertical rocks.

Last edited by DRV KRAWLER; 05-30-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 05-30-2011, 04:18 AM   #57
Tossin' Salad

Man, I took my sporty to Hong Kong this morning, and played around in this rocky creek bed. The low stance which you have is LOVELY! It is stupid stable. I KNOW you will be happy.

Casey
Old 05-30-2011, 07:31 AM   #58
Try to Bend it

Mate, that is looking so good. You need to get some 5.4"+ tyres on that rig. Extra GC and length will make this pop.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Actually, The Sedonas arrived this weekend. I will be getting those installed. I am pretty happy with the overall set up. Now I need the funds to step up on the electronics.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

So after said and done what do your UL measure eye-to-eye?

I just ordered some delrin rod to make some UL when my blue pd chassis comes and I'd be nice to have a reference # to go off of,seeing as I plan to use the same front and rear 4 link plates as you have I thought I'd ask ya.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote