Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ~~ 2011 AX-10 Moonbuggy 2.2 Pro Truck ~~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Yeah I know, just giving him a hard time for not driving a shafty.
That's good Dude, we can use all the help we can get with irok22s, he part of a group of guys from the Duluth area, they all crawl like mad men and usually cause a train wreck of some kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrZod View Post
As you can see in the scores, I am not set-up as well Norm, however in my defense this is my rookie year, and I am still reading old posts and watching norm and the other drivers and there set-ups.
And hopefully by the end of the spring series I will also be one of the shaftys at the top of that list.
Glad to have you CZ, new blood is life breath of our club, and shafty's IMO are the best best way to learn the craft, it makes things a little more difficult. If you get good wheeling that shafty of yours you'll transition to a MOAs like a champ, irok22s and the jack pine savages are proof of that.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

I didnt mean that at all storm. Just meant w your experience you can probably help some of those guys out.

I find thats the cool thing about new members at comps. Watch their driving and make suggestions on setups and then see the scores drop. I enjoy that as much as the comp itself.

No disrespect at all.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

That looks really sweet. Great job!!
I really like the lower links, and the awesome GC
roadman440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I didnt mean that at all storm. Just meant w your experience you can probably help some of those guys out.

I find thats the cool thing about new members at comps. Watch their driving and make suggestions on setups and then see the scores drop. I enjoy that as much as the comp itself.

No disrespect at all.
None taken Erin, were all good. I'll do anything I can to help a new member, our club was much larger than it is now, so it's great to have people come out and get hooked, our numbers are getting better as the economy gets better it's good to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman440 View Post
That looks really sweet. Great job!!
I really like the lower links, and the awesome GC
This rig is the best shafty I've had it's been fun, but it's still giving up a few advantages to the MOAs in our 2.2 Pro Class.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Your scared, huh?
na not scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
I don't think so Dude, Mike did this at the end of last year with a UGC Fastback and then moved to a new XR that's sitting on my shoulders in scores I posted.
loving the bjv4 vp10

Quote:
Yeah I know, just giving him a hard time for not driving a shafty.
After the spring series is over I'll run the shafty for a comp or 2. Gotta focus on the nats invites for now.

Quote:
That's good Dude, we can use all the help we can get with irok22s, he part of a group of guys from the Duluth area, they all crawl like mad men and usually cause a train wreck of some kind.

TRAIN WRECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drive it like you stole it... except I paid alot for it. Still drive it like a mad man tho.

Norm, you the man for staying with the shaft truck. Like I told you this winter I will run the fastback for a comp or two. Then I say we make shaftys take 1st and 2nd. Only hard part is it took MOA to beat you so I'll probably be the one sitting in second
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Your to kind Mike, but that does sound like fun, popsirok22s is coming on strong in your UGC Fastback, he's going to be a top shafty soon.
Like I've said before, the DORKS have added a lot to the MNRCRC, with all the banter, mischief and trainwrecking thread photo's. Not to mention that every one of you comes with a in it to win it additude, and that's the best thing of all.

One of yours I believe.

Defiantly DORK.

Last edited by Stormin2u; 05-23-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Here's a little video that Snipervision took at our last MNRCRC Comp at beautiful Taylors Falls Minnesota. As usual a shafty vs MOAs, the Moonbuggy shafty finished 2nd overall that day in the Pro 2.2 Class. This little T1E Moonbuggy shafty is doing great against the MOA big boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfIDxPWrFq0
Old 08-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #48
Rock Stacker

sweet video nice crawlers.
mayheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Mayhem, it's a bit strange looking due to the fact that I just couldn't leave my Gatekeeper II behind that's why it features the servo in the center and GC-2 linkage setup. It works amazingly well and is running in our 2.2 open class against the very latest equipment.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #50
Keep it real

Nice work Norm! I'm really digging this car, a lot of cool little details you've managed to integrate into it
I don't doubt it crawls well, and your scores prove it. It's been cool to see you progress over the years... asking questions and learning by tampering and changing setups...and now giving back and helping the next wave of newcomers who need help...very cool

Nathan
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Thank you Nathan, your comments mean a lot to me, you've been a influence over the years I learned a lot from you, if I could pay that forward I'd feel real good about it.

Yeah this is my best shafty combo yet, and it's a whole bunch of stuff that took some time to collect with help from people like yourself. It's just a pleasure to drive, it actually makes the driver look good. I loaned it out to Snipervision at the last comp and he finished third for the day and had low score on course 2, so basically it finished second and third for the day. I was pleased, Dan had never driven it before the timer started, that's a hoot.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #52
Keep it real

Quote:
Thank you Nathan, your comments mean a lot to me, you've been a influence over the years I learned a lot from you, if I could pay that forward I'd feel real good about it.

Yeah this is my best shafty combo yet, and it's a whole bunch of stuff that took some time to collect with help from people like yourself. It's just a pleasure to drive, it actually makes the driver look good. I loaned it out to Snipervision at the last comp and he finished third for the day and had low score on course 2, so basically it finished second and third for the day. I was pleased, Dan had never driven it before the timer started, that's a hoot.
That's awesome, you know a car is setup well when that happens
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

It's great to have you back on the board posting again Nathan, I know you've been busy, but it's really good to have a OG like yourself keeping a eye on things for us Newbs.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #54
rik
RCC Addict

This rig is sick..long live the shafties! great job on this. Gotta love the bodiless rigs....I'm thinking about running my 2.2 shafty for another season. We will see what happens this winter..
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #55
www.team3sixrc.com

WOW!, I cant figure out how I missed this truck. Im loving it. Nice job Norm
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
This rig is sick..long live the shafties! great job on this. Gotta love the bodiless rigs....I'm thinking about running my 2.2 shafty for another season. We will see what happens this winter..
rik, thanks it is a crazy rig, I agree I hope the 2.2 shafty has a long life in our sport/hobby. I'm real excited to see all the interest in the sporty class, to originally call it a beginner class was simply a mistake. In fact the VP dig and servo is coming out of this truck for next year in hopes my club has a "Sporty" class next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
WOW!, I cant figure out how I missed this truck. Im loving it. Nice job Norm
That's a easy one Norm, your one of the busiest guys I know. Thanks for your comment old buddy. I gotta order some of your lube it looks really good in pictures I'm kind of a lube freak I have just about everything available except yours.

I've got a few more pictures I took recently before I disassembled this truck for a rebuild to "Sporty Formula". I'll post them up soon just to better document this really fun little truck. Hopefully it will helpfully to someone else building one of these amazing T1E Shafty Moonbuggy. Rockshow absolutely nailed the design of this chassis and I have no problem recommending one to anyone who wants to improve a set of shaft driven axles.

Last edited by Stormin2u; 10-13-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Here's a little video Snipervision took, the 2.2 open class starts at about 2:00 min. kicked some MOA ass that day with a second place finish in 2.2 open.

MNRCRC Fall Comp #2 7.31.11 - YouTube
Old 10-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Nice driving
now, when does that dig come out?
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

It's out buddy, I'm rebuilding the Moonbuggy Shafty for Sporty competition in 2012. I have also been working on a XR/T1E/Vanquish truck for our 2012 season. The Moonbuggy had an excellent 2011 comp year thanks to Rockshow's Moonbuggy Shafty, I would recommend the chassis to anyone looking to get the best from their shaft axles.

I'll be posting some more pictures of the old Open Class truck that I took before disassembly. That set up did so well it got the name of "Shafty Pain" I'll post them for anyone else who's building one just for their reference.

I have to admit Erin that the little rig way out preformed my wildest expectations.

What's new with you?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Hey, your build has got me thinking.... I am going to be ordering the GC-3A, but I also have the OG Frogger.... Hmmmmmm. Maybe something like what you did with the GC-2 and Moonbuggy. What do you think?

I will start a thread once I start getting things together.
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote