Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Scrappy Frog - The Poison Dart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Hey Jimmy,

Very creative on the pins. I have done the same repair on some Junfac drive shafts the held up very well. I can see by the video how you broke the pins though. Those little rocks keep sucking in your wheels and putting them into a hardcore bind. Awesome video lovin' Scrappy Frog !
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 08:07 AM   #22
Tossin' Salad

Dood...I noticed on your video that your frog legs are on backwards. You have the fronts on the rear, and the rears up front.

Just an FYI.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #23
RCC Addict

LOL ! I had a hard time figuring out how the fronts went on. I had to look back at the other "Poison Darts" to make sure.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyshor View Post
Well, they are tapped with M4....i have no M4 screws nor rod ends, maybe tomorrow or Sunday the traxxas #5347.

LE. They just noticed me they are out of stock. **** !
let me know if u r selling those frog legs
VR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I tested out the pins today, they hold up just great, the Junfac pin from the front shaft broke though....
@KC - i did not pay much attention, i will change them, hopefully, the back driveshaft is long enogh...
jimmyshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6T View Post
let me know if u r selling those frog legs
Not selling, sorry.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #27
Croakin' across the pond!

WOW Hobbies have the Rod ends in stock Jimmy - and only $6.70 postage to Europe (or under $10 insured)
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Here are the promissed pics..

Got my Traxxas yesterday, it seems i had luck and got the last package As we speak, the seller's stock is 0.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #29

Not bad. I can't wait to get mine in the mail!! So I can pimp it out and share some of my pimp goods.
CRAZYD64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

My Chisels are getting late....damn..
Old 05-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #31
Tossin' Salad

Something does not look right on your build.

1. Your front lower links are now upside down.
2. It looks like your rear shocks are too short, and your front shocks are too long.

Keep it up. We will get this thing dialed. I promise.

Casey
Old 05-01-2011, 10:51 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Just another set of eye's looking. I really feel you also need to level out your upper links. They should be more level with the ground. This will also roll your front axle back for a better caster angle. I had to look at a few of the " Poison darts " to make sure the lower front links where right.

Last edited by DRV KRAWLER; 05-01-2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 05-02-2011, 12:04 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
Something does not look right on your build.

1. Your front lower links are now upside down.
2. It looks like your rear shocks are too short, and your front shocks are too long.
Keep it up. We will get this thing dialed. I promise.
Casey
@ Casey
1) I will correct this
2) The rear shocks i use are the shocks that came with my SCX10, the front shocks are Axial AX10 alu shocks.

There are quite a few reasons for doing this...
a) financial resources are kind of low as we speak
b) in Romania, i cannot find any Traxxas shocks at any RC Store, they deliver only on command
c) the price for a set of shocks (Rustler's) are 40 euros !!! wtf...
d) if i order something from the Internet for a reasonable price, the products will be here after 3 weeks or so, not in time for the event that i am preparing for (13th-15th of May).

I'll try and move the front shocks in the rear and find smaller ones for the front.....

Any Frogger owner can provide a list of front and back shocks ?

Regards, Chris.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:32 AM   #34
Tossin' Salad

Well, first off, you could just easily swap your front shocks to back, and back shocks to front. That should level you out a bit.

Casey
Old 05-02-2011, 06:25 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Hey Jimmy,

I am in shock on the price of the Rustler shocks . The stock plastic ones I am experimenting with are perfect in size. Here in the U.S. Through Ebay are $15.00 brand new with hardware trees. I have not bought the Fancy Traxxas Aluminums yet. I wish to further the set up first.
I am sure it is very difficult to get parts on the fly. The great part about this sport is trial and error. I would look a little closer on ebay for a deal. And order for the future.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs down

Yes, here is quite expensive. Try for example, Traxxas in Germany. 35 euros for that particular item. Wtf...found something in UK, £14.24. Not bad, compared to 35 euros. It's a huge difference.

Perhaps in Romania the items would not be that expensive but there are several aspects, such as:
1) the shipment costs - from US or from China, for the same product, can vary from a few dollars, to 50 $ or more....
2) the customs - here is how it is Romania. This is based on a personal experience. So, in December, i ordered a Safari Creeper RTR, 200$. Shipment - 35 $. Total: 235$. So, at the customs, i had to pay VAT (in amount of 24% of 235...so....235x1.24 = 294$!!! In addition to that, another fee of 15% of the 235$ is applied because it's a toy, with metal parts. So, another 35$. Add 294 + 35 = 329$. Originally, the cost was 234$. So, Romanian government takes 329-235 = 94$, almost 50% of the original amount i payed....W T F !!
3) the profit - like any bussiness man, any RC store owner wants some profit, so add at least 30% to the final value, and you will get that huge price.

Regarding #3, there are some owners that settle for a low profit, prefering to sell more for a small profit. Others....

Anyhow, i hope you all managed to picture the RC bussiness in Romania. No need to tell you in Romania crawling is not popular (not yet, at least..).

Well....enough about the daily garbage....who can tell me the difference between the following Traxxas parts: #3670 and #3672 ?

Regards,
Chris
Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #37
Try to Bend it

Tra3670 is a tyre
Tra3672 is a wheel

I feel you pain man, it is super hard to get crawling stuff in Australia too. Unlike Romania though we do not get slapped with stupid taxes.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #38
Tossin' Salad

When you switch your shocks around front to back, take a couple more pics. I just want to help you set this up to the spec with which it was intended.

Casey
Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
When you switch your shocks around front to back, take a couple more pics. I just want to help you set this up to the spec with which it was intended.

Casey
Will do that man.

@highlucks -
TRX-3760A Ultra Shocks (grey) (long) (complete w/ spring pre-load spacers & springs) (2)
TRX-3762A Ultra shocks (grey) (xx-long) (complete w/ spring pre-load spacers & springs) (rear) (2)

Those are the correct codes, i think in my last post i forgot to mention about "A" in the end of the code Sorry

Last edited by jimmyshor; 05-02-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #40
Try to Bend it

see now that changes things.

I think

TRA3760A is a 3.5" ultra shock
TRA3762A is a 4" ultra shock

Some one please correct me if I am wrong.

Jimmy Have a look at liquidrc.com. They offer $0.99 shipping world wide on any order. Their list prices are a little higher than other online stores but the saving in shipping makes a huge difference. It might help you to keep the costs down. You may or may not have read some bad reviews for them, but I have ordered from them around 10 times with every order being complete and correct.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote