Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My pro comp rig journey...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

no,and i dont have a # so i cant track it. maybe tomorrow tho? who knows. KC?

got my gunnar tubes and revo rod ends,the tubes are a tricky fit,the holes are a wee bit off. good deal for the money tho.

i miss workin in a cnc shop,those are way easy to make my the 1000s on the bar feed lathes.

who does the machining on the tubes?cnc?
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #62
Tossin' Salad

Your toobs are having trouble too? Shit. Well, try this....if they holes dont line up straight, try turning them 180 degrees. I know it sounds fishy, but it works.
As for quality control.....I fight this everyday. This is why I am stuck in this place.

For tracking numbers, I looked up the link to yours, and it shows no query available. I am sorting it out right now. And, no need to worry...every tracking link I got last week says the same thing. And chassis are showing up around now. So, yours should be there very soon. But, I will work out the tracking deal today...just waiting for my assistant to come into the office.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #63
Tossin' Salad

Tracking number sent over by PM.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Thanks buddy

Its in Portland,thinking should i just make the 4hr drive and have it tonight? J/K I can wait one more day puff puff

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 06-06-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

So since i had some time to myself (put a request in with the wife) and the PD chassis didnt come i thought id do some cleanin up on the work bench.

Hopefully tomorrow we will see a built BLUE poison dart chassis sittin there,bidded on a hudy comm lathe too so it would be sweet to have that screwed down to my bench so i can properly maintain my brood.

OH OH OH! the stuff from rpp should be here tomorrow too
-Castle Creations BEC 10A
-Hitec RCD HS-7950TH Mega Torque Ti Gear Digital Dual BB
-Rpp Hobby 10x15x4mm Rubber Sealed Bearing
-Rpp Hobby 5x11x4mm Rubber Sealed Bearing
-Tekin FXR ESC FWD/BRK/REV
-Vanquish Products Incision XR-10 Axle Motor Plate Black
-Vanquish Products XR-10 Incision XR-10 Axle Transmision Case V1 Black

also got a gear box assembly for a xr10 comin from ebay

and some parts from TCS should be here in the next day or 2 too:
-VP Black SLW V4 with blue rings
-VP 0 knuckles,rear plate,front plate
-new stock axle housing
-FUTABA 4PL and TEKIN HotWire from CKRC.

No word from BR00D yet.

should all be here this week maybe next monday at the latest.

I should have this thing built relatively fast,and was thinking about asking the cheesy hobby store here in town if i can test it on they're fake rocks in they're display I'll take some vid too.

well this is my last post for a bit as i have been blowing my own thread up with them,til next time when i have some pics of the build.

Take care guys n gals.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #66
RCC Addict

Can't wait Mr. Crawl, will be standing by !
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. crawl View Post

was thinking about asking the cheesy hobby store here in town if i can test it on they're fake rocks in they're display I'll take some vid too.

Me and my test pile would be insulted if you went and tested it out on that micro crawler foamie. You are more than welcome to mob my personal testing grounds. I have stuff set up to test every aspect of a well setup truck. Looks like your all ready to slap it together once the parts come. One thing ive been wondering and gotta ask is how do you plan to run the vanquish dig with the FSJ tranny?
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #68
Rock Crawler

WOW thanks Highlandcrawler,I'm honored!

and the FSJT+VP DIG=awesomeness!!

gotta get it in my hands first,my fantastical mind can make just about anything work and this shouldnt be a problem as long as i can get my buddy to do a little machining for me.

never had one of either XR10 tranny or VP hurtz dig so its hard to go off of just pics and little to no dimentions.(Anyone wanna donate one for the cause?)

I've operated both cnc mills and lathes of different sizes and different capabilities so i can draw prints according to the machine work required.

all i gotta do is scratch my noodle for a few days and draw up the print but gettin my buddy to do the work for a reasonable price within a couple weeks will be the challenge,he takes trade tho just gotta find what he likes,couple gallons of caption private stock should do it lol.

but yeah cant wait to test my rig on your test course,f * c k that foam blob was thinking tho Brood+3S+wheel spin+foam= its snowing!

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 06-07-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #69
Rock Crawler

a 30 second sketch of the XR10 output shaft made to go strait to the dig unit,just gotta figure a conversion bracket to mount the dig securely and centered so everything spins with out binding.

Also KCs new bta got me thinking bout a design

Would bolt up in place of the stock upper 3link mount,what ya guys think?

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 06-07-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Well I got to thinking on a BTA some more and I thing I may be on to somethin

Would require some fileing of the housing output to slide over and it would be able to bolt up to the stock servo plate,need to make a prototype to further the development.

What ya guys think?
Old 06-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

well nothing yet,

damn DHL! wheres my chassis?

we can only hope tomorrow!

got my VP front battery/servo plate today it was used off ebay and some parts shaved off for BTA clearance.

tomorrow should be a busy day for the USPS lady as i should be gettin 4 boxes tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Hey all,had a Q on wheels.

i already ordered some VP SLW V4 for the rear with .600 hubs and im about to order some VP DH procomp II what spacing should i get for the front?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Hey, Mr. Crawl,

If you use the .600 for the rear SLW V4 it will put you at 9.30 wide. So, with the DH you have a choice either .335 hubs = 9.25 wide or .460 = 9.50 wide. That is quick reference from Vanquish. I hope that helps ! I believe the .335 will make the rig square front to rear due to axle width I am at work ans cannot measure.

Last edited by DRV KRAWLER; 06-08-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: added info
Old 06-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Thanks buddy!! I went with the .460 to have the front a little wider.

so i just ordered my front rims(DH PC II black),bead rings(blue),spacers and the VP hurtz dig unit(black).

gonna be a fun truck to drive,cannot wait at all im about to go hunt the mail lady down for my parts lol.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Hey do donuts attracked the USPS like the Cops ?
Old 06-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. crawl View Post
Hey all,had a Q on wheels.

i already ordered some VP SLW V4 for the rear with .600 hubs and im about to order some VP DH procomp II what spacing should i get for the front?
For the front DH's I would use a .460 if you have the .600 slw rear. You will get a f/r stagger of just under half inch. And you will want that extra but up front when trying to clear everything while turning.

If you don't have the rear hubs yet have you thought about using a .725 rear and .460 front? You would enjoy the extra stability on the rocks. Just for reference my losi is right at 10" in the front and has a super low cog. The axial being almost half inch skinnier and having a higher cog might suffer on some side hills during comps. Just some food for thought. Also I have a set of .725 if you already had the .600 and wanted to trade.

EDIT: Never mind, to slow

Last edited by highlandcrawler; 06-08-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: to slow
Old 06-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

unfortunetly no,i tried giving the mail lady a doughnut before but she declined. lol

but shes got a lot of goodies for this build and dont even know it!!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
For the front DH's I would use a .460 if you have the .600 slw rear. You will get a f/r stagger of just under half inch. And you will want that extra but up front when trying to clear everything while turning.

If you don't have the rear hubs yet have you thought about using a .725 rear and .460 front? You would enjoy the extra stability on the rocks. Just for reference my losi is right at 10" in the front and has a super low cog. The axial being almost half inch skinnier and having a higher cog might suffer on some side hills during comps. Just some food for thought. Also I have a set of .725 if you already had the .600 and wanted to trade.
Freakin sweet dude,thanks for the bundle of info.

I did already order the .600 so maybe we can test and tune at your stomping ground and see what works best?
Old 06-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
Hey do donuts attracked the USPS like the Cops ?
Best way I found is to leave your house for a few minutes and they always come. To bad they never leave my box because of the dog
Old 06-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

thans so damn true,you wait wait wait and as soon as you walk to 7/11 for a slurpee they come leave that damn delivery attempt paper!