Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 4xFord's Sportsman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #101
Try to Bend it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
Whoa! I wanna see more of that. Thread?

This was for sale in the classifieds less than 10 days ago. there is also a build for it. Search 4xford's threads.

Going by what has been said by a founding member of these forums and other comments relating to this subject by people on apparent rule committees. It looks like the decision regarding bodies only in the sportsman class is a for gone conclusion. There for it would seem like the opinion and views of the public at large(on RCC) and those that have helped to develop this facet of crawling is not wanted nor recognised.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #102
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
It may be a bit of a sacrifice to us that prefer a bodiless rig but it iS JUST A SMALL inconvenience to get a much needed class and grow the sport as a whole.

And to take it further... Are you saying that if the class insists you run a body, you wouldn't run in it?
I think you would figure it out and enjoy yourself.

So its just a small inconvenience to those of us who spent X amounts of dollars on a bodiless sportsman?

No, I wouldn't run a body. If I have to run with the moa's then so be it. I usually do anyway but only because the club nearest to me doesn't have a sportsman class.

Forcing the sportsman class to run a body is bullshit. If you want a stock spec class, then make one. Run box stock trucks and leave the rest of us alone.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 10-29-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #103
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
Going by what has been said by a founding member of these forums and other comments relating to this subject by people on apparent rule committees. It looks like the decision regarding bodies only in the sportsman class is a for gone conclusion. There for it would seem like the opinion and views of the public at large(on RCC) and those that have helped to develop this facet of crawling is not wanted nor recognised.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #104
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by opek View Post
Are you serious?
Gimme a break. I've only been here a month. There's a million threads here.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
So its just a small inconvenience to those of us who spent X amounts of dollars on a bodiless sportsman?

No, I wouldn't run a body. If I have to run with the moa's then so be it. I usually do anyway but only because the club nearest to me doesn't have a sportsman class.

Forcing the sportsman class to run a body is bullshit. If you want a stock spec class, then make one. Run box stock trucks and leave the rest of us alone.

Ease up there cowboy!

Don't get me wrong. I am not pushing for a bodied class at all, but I do recognize the association outsiders ie: other r/c manufacturers, new companies, and most importantly r/c publications have with a bodied rig. That is what will grow the sport, not just getting the current dwindling number of people to participate, but new individuals that are already involved in other facets of the r/c world that may not know about crawling.

The fact is your support is needed and I am sure your opinions will be heard.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #106
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
...Going by what has been said by a founding member of these forums and other comments relating to this subject by people on apparent rule committees. It looks like the decision regarding bodies only in the sportsman class is a for gone conclusion...
If this truly is how Sportsman is going to be next year, then I have to say I am very disappointed. I've shipped about 10 Fastbacks this month and many of them said they were looking forward to doing a winter build for next year. It really does pain me to think they wasted their money.

Only time will tell if this rule is going to be implemented, and what kind of impact it will have on the class. Hopefully it does what they think and grows the class, and doesn't alienate those that already run it.

To me, trucks like 4xFord's here in this thread are what makes things interesting. Truly unique and very exciting to see. I hope you get to run it next year
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #107
Suck it up!

Quote:
I do recognize the association outsiders ie: other r/c manufacturers, new companies, and most importantly r/c publications have with a bodied rig.
So do I, but if you take a quick look around here you'll find very few people retaining a good portion of factory parts.

That sounds like a factory problem, not a participant problem.

New companies need to know the industry they are stepping into. If they don't, they'll fail. Their name will spread if their parts are good.

RC publications have failed IMO. They still maintain the bling is king mentality. Until they have someone on their staff that competes regularly and competitively, then all they will continue to do is bring in disillusioned kids with shiny trucks who won't stick around long enough to make an impact.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 10-29-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So do I, but if you take a quick look around here you'll find very few people retaining a good portion of factory parts.

That sounds like a factory problem, not a participant problem.
that really has nothing to do with it... Manufacturers like axial and others count on selling you upgrades...

Actually it's a publicity issue...no publicity, no interest, no sponsors, no new blood.

Edit*

R/c publications covering our largest events could not possibly be a bad thing. Not to mention a better job in general of publicizing any events we have would greatly benefit the sport.

Last edited by krawlfreak; 10-29-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #109
R.I.P. Chip

Why people are so stuck on the bodied/bodiless thing baffles me. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY A NEW CHASSIS, just stick a body on it and call it good.

I changed just a couple words in this post, see how dumb it is picking on one little thing?

Quote:
So its just a small inconvenience to those of us who spent X amounts of dollars on a MOA sportsman?

No, I wouldn't run a shafty. If I have to run with the pro's then so be it. I usually do anyway but only because the club nearest to me doesn't have a sportsman class.

Forcing the sportsman class to run a shafty is bullshit. If you want a stock spec class, then make one. Run box stock trucks and leave the rest of us alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
It really does pain me to think they wasted their money.
Again I don't see how they wasted their money, just stick a body on it. I was talking to a driver just 2 days ago that has your chassis, he said to him it was no big deal to stick a body on it.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Hey Shelby....

Your truck sux!
Old 10-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #111
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post

Again I don't see how they wasted their money, just stick a body on it. I was talking to a driver just 2 days ago that has your chassis, he said to him it was no big deal to stick a body on it.
This is true, but if I knew bodiless rigs were no longer legal (or soon to be outlawed), I would start with a chassis designed to be bodied from the start. Much less weight up top that way.

Personally I'm disappointed, but like I said earlier, only time will tell how this impacts the class. Hopefully it does grow it. Maybe it's time to bring back a new version of the FF-4. I just hope a decision is made soon so people know what's going on.

Last edited by C*H*U*D; 10-29-2011 at 12:18 PM.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #112
Suck it up!

Quote:
Why people are so stuck on the bodied/bodiless thing baffles me. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY A NEW CHASSIS, just stick a body on it and call it good.
So now I've got the weight of the bodiless cab AND and body up top. Brilliant. Not to mention that body is going to be sitting up much higher than I'd want it too.

When I ran a bodied rig it was sucked down as low as it would go, much lower than the roof line of a bodiless rig.

I guess I'd have to say to you that if its not that big of a deal, then why are we having this discussion? Let us keep the choice.

Like CHUD I will be very disappointed if this really becomes a reality. Forcing changes like this might benefit sales, but goes against the spirit of the classes we have now.

ROAR spec rules in 3...2...1...
Old 10-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #113
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Like CHUD I will be very disappointed if this really becomes a reality. Forcing changes like this might benefit sales, but goes against the spirit of the classes we have now.

ROAR spec rules in 3...2...1...

Im still waiting for manufacturers to step up and bring more 1.9 vehicles to the market after they had rules written for them.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Im still waiting for manufacturers to step up and bring more 1.9 vehicles to the market after they had rules written for them.
X2, please no more field of dreams mentalities....."if you build it, they will come"
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hey Shelby....

Your truck sux!
Right! If you can't beat me car, outlaw it. I see how it is.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #116
Suck it up!

Quote:
I changed just a couple words in this post, see how dumb it is picking on one little thing?
Somebody built a moa sportsman?

I run shafty because A) its fun, B) I've already invested more money than I care to think about in it and I can't afford to build a new moa to run full time in pro and C) I'm trying to get locals interested by maintaining a sportsman class.

I do still run my non-dig shafty in pro class when there is no option to run sportsman. I don't throw a fit, give up, and go home, and I have finished mid-pack against a field of moa's.

Sportsman bridges the gap between beginners and pro's. To dilute even further by adding a body restriction is a bad choice.

If we need a stock spec class for brand recognition, then create one.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 10-29-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #117
dnf

Quote:
I don't see how it alienates anyone, honestly how long would it take you to put a body on your sporty? I'd say less than 5 minutes, and BAM you are in compliance.

it alienates peole who "are" in the sport already and who "want" to comp thier bodieless trucks.

They perform better IMO and I hate with a passion fkn body clips
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #118
dnf

Quote:

Just dont say anything and call it good,run what you want
just like the pro class
just like the 1.9 class
hell just like the super class

it is a wast of money
you buy a bodieless chassis to .....well run without a body

you dont want to run a body,the whole build is now...well
a wast of money

I was looking forward to sportsman being a recognized class,have all my parts just waiting to build.
This sux,I have no desire whatsoever to run a body,you guys need to cater to the drivers already supprting the hobby,we will get new guys into the sport by interaction.You wil not get more people into the sport IMO with chassis restriction like this.In fact it will have a negative affect IMO that will cut a rut,deep and wide.

Last edited by rock hard; 10-29-2011 at 04:38 PM.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
Gimme a break. I've only been here a month. There's a million threads here.
Oh sorry, I thought it was this thread! hahaha

Hakuja Comp Build

Last edited by opek; 10-29-2011 at 04:20 PM.
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #120
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
I was looking forward to sportsman being a recognized class,have all my parts just waiting to build.
This sux,I have no desire whatsoever to run a body,you guys need to cater to the drivers already supprting the hobby,we will get new guys into the sport by interaction.You wil not get more people into the sport IMO with chassis restriction like this.In fact it will have a negative affect IMO.

All you have to do is spend a few minutes looking through the AX10 section and see how many great bodiless sporty builds that are going on to see how big of a deal this rule would be.