Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 1/10 Xcelorin 17.5T Brushless Crawler Motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #1

Question 1/10 Xcelorin 17.5T Brushless Crawler Motor

im thinking of going brusless just for the hell of it that way i can get the kit provided by losi that gives me the ESC and motor together anyone got any input on pro's and con's for going brushless any advice would be great ......(also if i change ESC's will the 2 second delay from reverse to forwards go away ) im running a Axial AX-10 RTC
BadSanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSanta View Post
im thinking of going brusless just for the hell of it that way i can get the kit provided by losi that gives me the ESC and motor together anyone got any input on pro's and con's for going brushless any advice would be great ......(also if i change ESC's will the 2 second delay from reverse to forwards go away ) im running a Axial AX-10 RTC
Not the helpful advice you want to hear I'm sure but Ive seen more burn excelerion speedos than any other brand. (even more than Novaks) I dont know if it was just a fluke but there were a ton that burnt up in Losis. A mamba pro and a nice Tekin or Trininty motor is a great combo and is very reliable. As far as going brushless some love it some hate it. Its a personal preference thing really. Biggest complaint I hear is the drag brake with the brushless is just not as strong and reliable. They do require close to no maintenance though so if you don't like working on or rebuilding motors its a great option.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote