Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ax10 axle breakage or no breakage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #1

Default ax10 axle breakage or no breakage

sorry if im posting anything in the wrong section im new to the sight but some guys profile name rmdesighworks keeps on pretty much telling me im an idiot and is going to have a moderator keep an eye on me but what ever......but i have a creeper and am tired of axles breaking so im steppin it up to ax10 axles and was wondering if theyll be able to handle a novak goat 2s 18.5t..and if anybody knows if the axles will bolt up to a venom chassis and 4-links....thanks
Oregon crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon crawler View Post
sorry if im posting anything in the wrong section im new to the sight but some guys profile name rmdesighworks keeps on pretty much telling me im an idiot and is going to have a moderator keep an eye on me but what ever......but i have a creeper and am tired of axles breaking so im steppin it up to ax10 axles and was wondering if theyll be able to handle a novak goat 2s 18.5t..and if anybody knows if the axles will bolt up to a venom chassis and 4-links....thanks
Well here is one good solid advice for ya: read. Just look around and read as much as possible, you'll learn that the axial axles are pretty bullet proof, and there are multiple upgrades that can make them damn near impossible to break lol and for the links and all that, you'll be fine, almost any axles can be hooked up to it, just play around with it and set it up to a way you like it
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #3

that helps me alot...and the axles arent a cv joint right?...and putting in an ax10 transmission
Old 08-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I've got my eye on you boy

j/k That was funny though...

The axials will handle a lot of power so no worries there and the link mounts will work with a wide or narrow chassis. If your gonna use an axial tranny though you might as well find someone selling the whole truck cheap. Lots of them in the for sale section often with upgrades and better chassis already there. Getting a star is a good idea becuase there's deals on here you cant get any where else.

There's an article that explains using the search better too so cheack it out. If you don't research it yourself first your gonna get hosed every time on here.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon crawler View Post
I never called you an idiot..or implied the same.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:19 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Sure they'll work. Same basic size/scale as creeper axles. And with some alloy goodies threaded into some beef toobs you'll be hard pressed to break anything but link/shock mount ears.

The Axial tranny does mount alot differently than the creeper tranny tho, be aware.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I never called you an idiot nor implied the same.
FTFY!
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #8
No idea what I'm doing

Just out of curiosity, if you are going with Axial axles and an Axial transmission, why not sell the Creeper and start over with an AX-10?
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Just out of curiosity, if you are going with Axial axles and an Axial transmission, why not sell the Creeper and start over with an AX-10?
That is true! There are regularly RTR or roller ax10's in the for sale section for around the price of a new axle set and transmission!
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #10

i would sell it but i cant get what i want and it would just be a rolling chassis i mean i built an aluminum chassis for it to also has mip shafts, dig unit and maybe rovers but im just going to buy those again on the other crawler so i would just put the stock tires back on
Old 08-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I have same esc/motor combo with no axle problems .
Just call it a hybrid:
no1970ax1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

so on the axail axles that come on thescorpion what would you guys recomend for upgrades. the locker and steal gears anything else
mayheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I'm using stock's from artr
no1970ax1o is offline   Reply With Quote