Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: new Fastback "The Mean Bean"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: new Fastback "The Mean Bean"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackett View Post
I'm glad you made some new links for the front. The old ones were killing me!!! I have thought about making you some just so you would take the old ones off! The stance looks much nicer now!!!! Also, the stock shocks suck... When you get the bigbores on you will be amazed at how well it flows over the rocks! Glad you are making progress!!! Looking forward to another crawl spencer Mtn.!!!!
Waiting on the next grant check for the big bores with a mini T spring selection some OD UD gears maybe a new radio and a few other odds an ends. I do apologize for them links just never got around to them till now, been scaling, and yeah man anytime you would like to come down give me a shout and Ill check the water levels out and let you know. I will also have a more stable job here shortly so maybe I can travel out to comps from time to time
xjcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Well no real updates although I got some minor test n tune done yesterday before the rain hit. Nothing to special although I LOVE the new foam set up. did some minor link tuning and still waiting on my XR parts to show up for my steering work, real clocked back Chubs and XR internals cut to stock AX10 length. On to some pics. Got a short vid of it in action coming soon.

This skid is crazy slick. Thing slides like its covered in butter over rocks

if you look close you can see the tire marks coming from the back pack then turned back up the ledge and bumped throttled over to this pic the drove right out easy as pie.

This was the best side hill I could find, water was way up, and its was crazy slick rock. The sedonas didnt grip well at all on slick rock so maybe a set of pin tires of something in the future

ahh such smooth flex, so predictable

nothing fancy just a short clip so I could see he suspension in action, sometimes its easier to watch a video rather than watch the crawler some test and tune - YouTube
and remember NONE of the actions shots are pose shots all were drove to and out of, yes some were placed for picture purposes but all lines were progressed before placement

Last edited by xjcritter; 01-08-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Well not a major update but I did some wheeling and dealing on here and wound up with some stock XR knuckles Chubs and universals .

If you want to cut the universals down to the stock AX axle length, I would recommend cutting them a tad, hacksaw width, longer when using the stock locker. This will eliminate the slop in and out the original axles have. When you cut them make sure you file the flat spots real slowly and check after every few passes, so you get a super snug fit inside the locker. With my builders ADD I forgot to take any pics of this process but there's plenty of builds out there.

ON WITH THE PICS.
not a whole lot of clocking going on here, but its not mounted either. May end up rocking them back a little further.

I cant figure out how to get any more throw than this so any suggestions as to how are welcome please. Not complaining at all but more is always better

The black line on the servo plate is where I will be needing to trim for clearance, well if I keep it where everything is that is.

I would get you some running pics and maybe a video, buutttt my servo gears decided to strip out while driving around my hobby room So untill I either fix it or get another it will sit on the shelf.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #44
Rock Stacker

Cherokee got my forum setup go your
Scaler on it and everything, we gotta hit up the creeks soon!
rccrawler6911 is offline   Reply With Quote