Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: C*H*U*D's Sporty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppa View Post
Axial make's cvd's for the ax10 not universals.
oh my Bad
RockMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #62
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Took it out today for a quick run. The extra turning was immediately noticeable The longer servo horn and shorter XR steering arm was also noticeable I don't have time for a rebuild so I plan to comp it this Tuesday night as is. The short steering arm isn't an issue with the XR because of the reduced scrub radius, but with the AX-10 setup, it's an issue.
So as expected, last night didn't go so well. When bound up, the steering just can't overcome the force...even with just 6 minute courses, my servo was getting very warm.

The good news though is when the steering did work, it worked well. I was able to make lines that I know would have required a few reverses with my old dog-bone setup. Going to start flipping things around tonight, and get my steering strength back.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #63
Rock Stacker

Default Re: C*H*U*D's Sporty

I have a fastback with axial parts iam looking to put the no slop lockers in.Do i put them both front and back and do i put the same part #ax30402 in front and back.Iam new here and thanks for the help .
papafogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #64
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by papafogle View Post
I have a fastback with axial parts iam looking to put the no slop lockers in.Do i put them both front and back and do i put the same part #ax30402 in front and back.Iam new here and thanks for the help .
The choice is up to you...I run the no slops front and rear but they are sold individually if you just wanted to do one.

AX30402 is the 43T/13T combination. They are Underdrive gears and would go in the Back.

Ax30401 is the 36T/14T combination. They are Overdrive gears and would go in the Front.

You can use them individually or together. I have both Overdrive in the front and Underdrive in the rear.

Great to see you here and welcome to RCC Tracy

Last edited by C*H*U*D; 12-16-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:54 AM   #65
Rock Stacker

Who sells the no slop lockers and how much are they.And i love this fastback chassis.thanks again tracy
Old 12-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #66
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by papafogle View Post
Who sells the no slop lockers and how much are they.And i love this fastback chassis.thanks again tracy
Highlandcrawler makes them...he's a Vendor here on RCC. Here's a link to where you can get them:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axles...p-lockers.html

Old 12-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #67
No idea what I'm doing

Just got a PM from JeremyH correcting my post over which gear set was overdrive, and which was underdrive. Here is the correct info:

AX30402 is the 43T/13T combination. They are Underdrive gears and would go in the Back.

Ax30401 is the 36T/14T combination. They are Overdrive gears and would go in the Front.

I corrected it in the post above as well. Thanks Jeremy
Old 12-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Like many of my builds, this one came together days before it was needed. I was talking to Ikaika (spelling?) at The Crawlspace last Monday and he said he wanted to get Sportys going. I knew Jason showed up for their grand opening, so I figured I'd give him someone to beat up on.

I got a pretty good deal on a Fastback II chassis, so I figured I would start there. This build is kind of backwards since this truck is done, but I'll add to the history when I can.

Tech:

Chassis Fastback II from UGC

Tires - Front = Sedonas
Rear - Rear = Rovers
Both running stock foam (I'm Poor)

Wheels UGC Custom Wheels (I'm poor but I can machine)

Axles AX-10. Front OD, rear UD
Lockers Front = Axial HD
Rear = XHD

These are pictures from tonight...towards the end of this build (for now). I started today with my rear axle, some UD gears and the XHD locker:

I really like this locker. I put one in the rear of my Hilux Scaler, and knew I had to save the other for this build (second set going on order soon). First thing you notice is the heft of this thing...It's not a lightweight plastic or aluminum locker...it's all steel!!

Drilling the UD Axial gear is not easy, but necessary to use this locker.

Pretty huh?

Make sure you put it together a few times to check your mesh. Shim if you have to. Mine was a bit tight this time as well as with my Hilux. Shimmed it out and the gear mesh is perfect.

I've used Team3Six Rocklube for my last three axle rebuilds. I waited until I had some time with this lube before saying anything but I really like it. It's stinky and very sticky. I've had it in my scaler and XR and now it's going into this axle too.

I also got a good deal on one of the last D-Mounts from UGC...go figure

No time for testing before tomorrow, but that's Ok...just looking to have fun. Here's some bench shots until after tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some tuning time before next Tuesday.

all i can think about is how good the pump house beer is............................
shooter125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #70
Rock Stacker

Hi this is tracy i sent the guy the money for the no slop lockers.But he did not take it is he still making tthem call me asap.thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #71
Suck it up!

Hey Tracy, good to see you made it on to RCC.

Have you started a build thread yet?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #72
Rock Stacker

is he still selling the no slop lockers.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #73
No idea what I'm doing

As far as I know he is. Not sure why your payment got sent back to you. You can try sending him a PM and asking what happened.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #74
No idea what I'm doing

A few changes have taken place since this update, so I'll try to include everything.

First of all, I finally got another set of Bigbores. The reds seem a bit soft, so I plan to swap in some orange before next week.

Here is an underneath shot...someone asked me for this awhile back, and I can't remember who, but here it is. Those are M3 X 35mm bolts on the bottom:

My old wheels are 1.25" wide. I started running 1" on my XR and really liked them so I wanted to get a set for the sporty, so I picked these up from the Crawl Space this week...thanks for the help Tiff

Sexy huh?

Too bad they won't be seen:

My old wheels carried all their weight towards the inside beadlock. I wanted narrower wheels, but also wanted to change where the weight was carried. The brass beadlock puts 4 oz. as far out as it can go. I plan on knuckle weights to pick up the remaining few ounces which is why I went with SLW's.

Ouch!...not sure how this happened, but I found it today while swapping tires.

Last edited by C*H*U*D; 12-24-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

From the back shot of the rim it looks like you could open the weight ring center hole up and put it behind the spokes with longer bead lock screws..unno just a thought.
xjcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Those rims are purrty... And actually the brass ring looks pretty good.. Nice addition to the build
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #77
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjcritter View Post
From the back shot of the rim it looks like you could open the weight ring center hole up and put it behind the spokes with longer bead lock screws..unno just a thought.
I would have to decrease the OD which would make it lighter, and it would also defeat my goal of putting the weight as far to the outside as possible.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Makes total sense. Just dont think I could hide all that sexyness myself awesome rig and great inspiration
xjcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ouch!...not sure how this happened, but I found it today while swapping tires.
Screw on the knuckle sticking out too far? I've had one rip my tire before...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:44 AM   #80
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjcritter View Post
Makes total sense. Just dont think I could hide all that sexyness myself awesome rig and great inspiration
I was going to make my own wheels just for this purpose, but the SLW was perfect for what I was trying to do. They're very cool looking wheels, but I'm only concerned with getting from point A to point B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Screw on the knuckle sticking out too far? I've had one rip my tire before...
I looked at this last night, and you're absolutely correct. The tire got pushed over into the screw for my tie-rod. The threads must have caught the rubber and tore the hole.