Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you want keep bodiless rigs in Sportsman?
No, they're too scary. 44 17.32%
Hell Yes! 210 82.68%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Petition/poll ~ Keep bodiless rigs in Sportsman!!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Suck it up!

Exclamation Petition/poll ~ Keep bodiless rigs in Sportsman!!!!

Its been discussed, and I confirmed it with someone in the know: the rules committee has voted to kill bodiless rigs in Sportsman!

Thats right! All the vendors who have been designing and investing money and time into these products for us have wasted their time! All of us who have purchased these great products will soon no longer be able to use them!

We do not need more rules in Sportsman! Just as this great class is picking up steam some people have shot it in the foot!

Vote here and voice your opinions! Your vote will remain anonymous if you don't want it known, but it is important that you do vote!

DO NOT LEAVE THIS THREAD WITHOUT CASTING YOUR VOTE!!!

To the committee members: we would all appreciate you coming forward and explaining the reasoning behind this!

How to contact committee members: click the link, scroll down to "committee members", send them a pm!

RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board - Show Groups

Tell them you want to keep bodiless rigs in Sportsman!!!

If you are a committee member who does not want to speak up publicly, you can email me at keepbodilessinsportsman@gmail.com

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 10-30-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
dnf

Great...its gunna suck if this has already been decided.
I will want to know why our texas rules rep wasnnt informed

and if he was,I'll want to know why our states group leaders wasnt made aware so we can discuse the idea with our rep prior to the vote.

I dont want any part of a bodies comp truck,I'm like the way a bodiless truck recovers, and I hate body clips,I hate cutting body panels,but thats a once in a while deal..

I dont have any body clips on any comp trucks....its so nice....no more clip getting just under my nail,or worse yet.comming off durring a comp/

Last edited by rock hard; 10-31-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
Great...its gunna suck if this has already been decided.
I will want to know why our texas rules rep wasnnt informed

and if he was,I'll want to know why our states group leaders wasnt made aware so we can discuse the idea with our rep prior to the vote.
Doesn't look like your rules committee rep has been online since the 11th.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
Doesn't look like your rules committee rep has been online since the 11th.
your riht,and I just checked he hasnt been on our local site either.....sht,I hope he is doing ok and everything is good.hel now I'm worried.

I have edited this post from mild profanity
cuz some whinny ______ complained about it

Last edited by rock hard; 10-31-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

is there a great advantage to running bodiless? Doesn't it always boil down to driver preference? A body provides some protection to vital components and makes the rig slide easier when flipped. I prefer a body for my own reasons, but I'm by no means against bodiless.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessf View Post
is there a great advantage to running bodiless? Doesn't it always boil down to driver preference? A body provides some protection to vital components and makes the rig slide easier when flipped. I prefer a body for my own reasons, but I'm by no means against bodiless.
Just so you guys know, no bodiless rig has ever won a National Championship.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Its been discussed, and I confirmed it with someone in the know: the rules committee has voted to kill bodiless rigs in Sportsman!

Thats right! All the vendors who have been designing and investing money and time into these products for us have wasted their time! All of us who have purchased these great products will soon no longer be able to use them!

We do not need more rules in Sportsman! Just as this great class is picking up steam some people have shot it in the foot!

Vote here and voice your opinions! Your vote will remain anonymous if you don't want it known, but it is important that you do vote!
Sounds like someone got there feelings hurt when they got worked by a Bodiless. I have tied a lot of money into my Sportman Rig's. But, if they want to play games. I will put a clear body on over the top of my bodiless builds, SO THEY CAN SEE WHATS HANDING THEM THEIR ASSES. Problem solved !
Old 10-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I say keep them! They are no bigger threat in a comp than a bodied rig. They just outnumber bodied rigs by a large factor so it looks as if bodied rigs are dead. Which I think it's because of ease of purchasing and building. Most bodiless vendors offer a complete chassis/link/panel chassis kit. Few have a complete current standard bodied rig package. I don't think it's fair to guys that have already vested in a bodiless rig should be overlooked. I run a newly built GC-3A bodied myself and feel in most cases it will compete with all bodiless chassis(in the right hands anyway)

On the other hand look at the past two years Nats 2.2 champs. It all depends on what the driver is comfortable with.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #9
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
... I confirmed it with someone in the know: the rules committee has voted to kill bodiless rigs in Sportsman!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Well, you know how I feel, but I voted to keep bodiless anyway.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
Well, you know how I feel, but I voted to keep bodiless anyway.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post
I say keep them! They are no bigger threat in a comp than a bodied rig. They just outnumber bodied rigs by a large factor so it looks as if bodied rigs are dead. Which I think it's because of ease of purchasing and building. Most bodiless vendors offer a complete chassis/link/panel chassis kit. Few have a complete current standard bodied rig package. I don't think it's fair to guys that have already vested in a bodiless rig should be overlooked. I run a newly built GC-3A bodied myself and feel in most cases it will compete with all bodiless chassis(in the right hands anyway)

On the other hand look at the past two years Nats 2.2 champs. It all depends on what the driver is comfortable with.
All very good points.

I believe that another reason so many bodiless rigs have been sold is that when somebody sees one doing well, they can instantly recognize what chassis it is. However, with a bodied rig, all they see is an x-citer, bug, hardline, or grappler body with a cool paint job. It's not that the bodiless have a real advantage, it's that they're easily recognizeable, so the people can buy them.

What people see winning on Sunday is what they buy on Monday. The don't know what was under the pretty body, so they buy the Moonbuggy, beetlejuice, fastback, etc...
Old 10-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #13
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
...I dont have any body clips on any comp trucks....its so nice....
Me either! It is nice.

Bodiless is great. I have seen a bodiless rig get stuck only one time, got wedged between two rocks, with no tires able to touch and roll back over...but that was only one time in hundreds of comps.

The only thing I don't like about bodiless is the limitations on design. The tops nearly look all the same, which is OK, because they need to serve a purpose, but at least the chassis itself is not limited.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #14
dnf

Quote:
Me either! It is nice.

Bodiless is great. I have seen a bodiless rig get stuck only one time, got wedged between two rocks, with no tires able to touch and roll back over...but that was only one time in hundreds of comps.

The only thing I don't like about bodiless is the limitations on design. The tops nearly look all the same, which is OK, because they need to serve a purpose, but at least the chassis itself is not limited.

I know they do all look simulare,and that is a draw back

I just like not haveing to jack with a body.
its easier for me,my wife and my son to mess with.and its easier to recover from a mishap without penalty.

I mean real a body is nicer,you have alot more options for apearance.
but for anyone to claim they are intimidated my a type of chassis puzzles me.
this is not what I would call intimidating

Old 10-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #15
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

The only one who should be intimidating is the person who wins the comp, wether they have a body or not. The chassis itself has nothing to do with it. If anyone gets intimidated(especially by a chassis), maybe they should not enter a competition.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Not sure why we want to rule and regulate a true drivers/builders/tuners class like this.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #17
dnf

Quote:
The only one who should be intimidating is the person who wins the comp, wether they have a body or not. The chassis itself has nothing to do with it. If anyone gets intimidated(especially by a chassis), maybe they should not enter a competition.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #18
RCC Addict

A bodied rig won pro shafty/sportsman at Crawlapalooza.

I'm not that passionate about this, as I can see both sides. My shafty has a body, and my MOA is a moonbuggy. However, I don't want these rigs going down a similar path as slot cars and rc stadium trucks that look nothing like the racers that inspired them.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

i hope they don't because it will probably follow on to cANZ it wont affect most but it will affect me
Old 10-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:cry :
I love this chassis
Closed Thread