Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ++ T1E Moonbuggy "Sporty" ++

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I believe macgyver was at one time working on a version for lcc trans/axles. Not sure what came of that.
I found macgyver's Moonbuggy Shafty thread, but the axles are AX10.

T1E Prototype Moonbuggy Shafty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
No. It's not going to work with an LCC. The problem with the LCC is the transmission. The outputs are on opposite sides, so you can't just offset the unit to have a narrow skid.
That explains why I couldn't find a macgyver Moonbuggy LLC thread. Thanks Twin for the LLC tech information.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #22
no talent hack

Quote:
The outputs are on opposite sides, so you can't just offset the unit to have a narrow skid.
You sure about that?
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

There wasnt a build. Just something he mentioned working on.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #24
Got Worms?

I'm not really wanting to thread jack. But as to the losi reference, go check out a vid i posted in the video's section

Anyways, its a great looking sporty. I didn't know they made a t1e shafty moon buggy...i guess i started out into the moa era How much ground clearance does it have?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabil View Post
You sure about that?
No, I'm defiantly not sure I have absolutely no LLC experience at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
There wasn't a build. Just something he mentioned working on.
It would be interesting the LLC in the right hands was a killer chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
I'm not really wanting to thread jack. But as to the losi reference, go check out a vid i posted in the video's section

Anyways, its a great looking sporty. I didn't know they made a t1e shafty moon buggy...i guess i started out into the moa era How much ground clearance does it have?
T1E has made a shaft chassis for a couple of years I picked one up last winter I ran it with a dig in the 2.2 Open class, it work really hard for me and was fun to drive best shaft truck I ever had. For clearance it has 4" at the rear and 3 1/2 at the front.

of the Bic plus 1/2"

Yeah lots of reasons to get a MOA once they made the scene. But now with the Sporty Class there's a great reason to have a shaft rig. Your video of the Phoenix chassis looks awesome Kid, you also drove it very well it's impossible to
Old 12-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #26
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
T1E has made a shaft chassis for a couple of years I picked one up last winter I ran it with a dig in the 2.2 Open class, it work really hard for me and was fun to drive best shaft truck I ever had. For clearance it has 4" at the rear and 3 1/2 at the front.
Cool, thats about the same clearance i have under mine. I pushed it up to 5" of clearance but the cog rose way up and the super narrow losi didn't enjoy it so much.

Quote:
Yeah lots of reasons to get a MOA once they made the scene. But now with the Sporty Class there's a great reason to have a shaft rig. Your video of the Phoenix chassis looks awesome Kid, you also drove it very well it's impossible to
Yea the sporty class will bring back the shafts for sure.

Its impossible to ? .
Old 12-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #27
no talent hack

Quote:
No, I'm defiantly not sure I have absolutely no LLC experience at all.
That wasn't directed towards you at all. Sorry if it came off that way.

I was directing it towards EvilTwin, since he made a statement that was completely wrong
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:03 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Cool, thats about the same clearance i have under mine. I pushed it up to 5" of clearance but the cog rose way up and the super narrow losi didn't enjoy it so much.

Yea the sporty class will bring back the shafts for sure.

Its impossible to ? .
Yep, my shocks I have about 1/2" of up travel left. I'm still surprised at how well it climbs and side hills with all that break over space below.

I didn't finish that statement, I was going to say it's impossible to hi-jack a thread of mine, I'm just glad to get the interest and comments thanks.

I was impressed with your demo vid of the new Phoenix chassis, you drove it well and it looked really hooked up.

Quote:
That wasn't directed towards you at all. Sorry if it came off that way.

I was directing it towards EvilTwin, since he made a statement that was completely wrong
Don't apologize Nabil no harm no foul, I understood where you were going. I wasn't really qualified to talk about the LLC with EverettY regarding his question because of a lack of LLC experiance, so getting getting some help was very much appreciated.

You'll always be welcome here.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You sure about that?
No. I'm not. I was repeating info given to me y somebody who has competed fairly extensively with an LCC, when I'd mentioned the possibility of designing a narrow skid chassis for one.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #30
Got Worms?

Quote:
Yep, my shocks I have about 1/2" of up travel left. I'm still surprised at how well it climbs and side hills with all that break over space below.

I didn't finish that statement, I was going to say it's impossible to hi-jack a thread of mine, I'm just glad to get the interest and comments thanks.

I was impressed with your demo vid of the new Phoenix chassis, you drove it well and it looked really hooked up.
Yea, it's surprising, as long as the top of the motor isn't above the top of the tires, it seems to be pretty stable...but above that it starts to get iffy...i think its all the knuckle weight

I'm planning on running pro with mine, as long as dig fixs the current issues that i'm having because i'm not used driving a shafty and i'm expecting clod stall and using dig, so my lines keep putting the rear end in situations where the front can't maneuver without he rear flipping me. or pushing me off my line. It breaks over great, great stability, i can drop a tire into a endless hole with no issues, runs smooth, i can't see a reason to go moa again other than the advantages two motors give that i'm used.

Quote:
No. I'm not. I was repeating info given to me y somebody who has competed fairly extensively with an LCC, when I'd mentioned the possibility of designing a narrow skid chassis for one.
I'm running a 2" wide skid right now.. I could probably knock that down another .5". But my motor is already hanging out the side by about .5"...another thing that one would have to worry about is 4 link triangulation, just due to how the lcc links work. so i'm not quite sure what your info is referring too, unless talking about the mounting holes. As unlike on the ax-10 tranny, they're not all grouped together in a small area.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yea, it's surprising, as long as the top of the motor isn't above the top of the tires, it seems to be pretty stable...but above that it starts to get iffy...i think its all the knuckle weight

I'm planning on running pro with mine, as long as dig fixs the current issues that i'm having because i'm not used driving a shafty and i'm expecting clod stall and using dig, so my lines keep putting the rear end in situations where the front can't maneuver without he rear flipping me. or pushing me off my line. It breaks over great, great stability, i can drop a tire into a endless hole with no issues, runs smooth, i can't see a reason to go moa again other than the advantages two motors give that i'm used.

I'm running a 2" wide skid right now.. I could probably knock that down another .5". But my motor is already hanging out the side by about .5"...another thing that one would have to worry about is 4 link triangulation, just due to how the lcc links work. so i'm not quite sure what your info is referring too, unless talking about the mounting holes. As unlike on the ax-10 tranny, they're not all grouped together in a small area.
All this skinny skidplate stuff makes me want to remove some of the triangulation in my lower links. I love your truck stormin2u. You are an inspiration to get mine tuned better so I can lift it off the ground.
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks Twin always appreciated, you know I think there's going to be 2.2 Shafties falling out of trees for the 2012 season and nothing would make me happier.

Quote:

Ran the 2.2 pro class last summer my rig weighed 5.5 lbs. 10 1/2" ft. 10" rr. This new configuration is 4lb. 9oz do to a little dieting. and the wheel base is a 1/4" wider @ 10 3/4" ft. 10 1/4" rr.

I had it on the rocks, ran 4 packs tweaking all the way and it was real sweet I was having a ball but then it snowed so my testing is probably over till spring.

As far as the rear end the lighter mine got on down hills it was unpredictable. I'm pretty balanced right now with only a slight front bias and it's good now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opek View Post
All this skinny skidplate stuff makes me want to remove some of the triangulation in my lower links. I love your truck stormin2u. You are an inspiration to get mine tuned better so I can lift it off the ground.
Hey thanks man, glad to help out. The diet program works well as long as you keep your rig balanced and wide works good. I was to heavy in the front as the weight came down until I figured it out and a tad more rear weight and it's good.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

I thought I'd add a picture of the 2012 Rockshow Shafty so you can compair the old and the new.

EvilTwin v2 also has a build thread started with the 2012 Rockshow Shafty check it out.

An Evil Moonbuggy...errr...Rockshow SS?...Sportsman.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

I've got a few more photos with wheels, That Super 300 axle was really worth the price I haven't had a axle problem for two years and that turning angle is a life saver at times.

I usually limit articulation to about 50* of movement it's really just a bondage thing.

I just finished the body panels, I'll post some pictures tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:55 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

I finished up the body panels, kept them simple and small all business nothing for show.

Next post will be paint.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #36
Keep it real

Looking better and better Norm
With the influx of sporty's, I may have to try hard to make it out to a local comp here soon, everyone knows I've always preferred the shafty's
Keep up the good work my friend
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Looking better and better Norm
With the influx of sporty's, I may have to try hard to make it out to a local comp here soon, everyone knows I've always preferred the shafty's
Keep up the good work my friend
Hey big guy, thanks for the comments.

I feel exactly the same way about the 2.2 shafty. I have a feeling the Sportsman class with some USRCCA love and attention might become one of the most contested classes we have.

I didn't check back but were you successful getting that inspectors job?
Old 12-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #38
Keep it real

I hope the USRCCA will develop the class, it's definitely more of a driver class, and will make better overall drivers of all who participate in it

No dice on that job, but my cousin has been keeping me busy the last couple months, so even though I'm back to freezing in the weather at least it's doing what I enjoy
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #39
Suck it up!

Lookin' good. Make me want to sit down and rethink my Fastback setup. Love the panels too btw.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
I hope the USRCCA will develop the class, it's definitely more of a driver class, and will make better overall drivers of all who participate in it

No dice on that job, but my cousin has been keeping me busy the last couple months, so even though I'm back to freezing in the weather at least it's doing what I enjoy
I'm with you brother I think this is the class to restore our lost membership. Our club went from forty to a handful over night when the 2.2 shaft truck was relegated to a beginners class.

Man, I was hoping you'd get that gig, but it's always good to love what you do that way it makes work play. My field days were the best years of my career without question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Lookin' good. Make me want to sit down and rethink my Fastback setup. Love the panels too btw.
Absolutely Dude, the sporty class is once again evolving and I think that's the best news for our hobby in a long time.

You defiantly need to sit down and rap that creative mind of yours around your Fastback, irok22s has his Fastback thread going again. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Thanks man.