Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Fastback II build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Fastback II build

Well i have ran into a problem my 3 cell lipo will not fit on my front battery tray any sugestions its stock front wheel width not sure if i can mount it in the rear untill i get my mount in the mail i know Duuuuuuuude mounted his in the rear on a custom made plate i might just have to copy him lol.
2006Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Shelby View Post
Well i have ran into a problem my 3 cell lipo will not fit on my front battery tray any sugestions its stock front wheel width not sure if i can mount it in the rear untill i get my mount in the mail i know Duuuuuuuude mounted his in the rear on a custom made plate i might just have to copy him lol.
Are you going to try and run a different axle plate up front? With the servo in th middle like that it would be hard to squeeze a battery on either side of it. As far as your belly height goes you could try flipping your shock mount around and mount the shocks on the higher hole. Sorry for not suggesting that in your PM, I was not looking at the pics then. Whats your belly height at now?
xjcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjcritter View Post
Are you going to try and run a different axle plate up front? With the servo in th middle like that it would be hard to squeeze a battery on either side of it. As far as your belly height goes you could try flipping your shock mount around and mount the shocks on the higher hole. Sorry for not suggesting that in your PM, I was not looking at the pics then. Whats your belly height at now?
As for axel plate yes i have a new battery /servo 4 link tray up front as in the pics and my back belly height is 3 in and my front about 2 /34 inches. now just got to make that sill battery fit.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Looking good, If thats at full lock and its minimal rubbing Id say stuff it an go. Mine rubs the servo and battery slightly turning both ways. Hell Im pretty sure everyone rubs somewhere they dont want it to . You could try to bend it down just a tad or just let it be and see if it hurts anything. Could also fab up some battery and servo armour then you would not have to worry about tires nor rocks.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Only thing i forgot to buy was a bec lol heck im not even sure i need one atm till i get the money for a good servo also gonna get some beef tubes when i get the cash. Over all i have enjoyed this build was alot of fun and has turned out sweet the CoG is great on this thing now i just need to get it up and running and finished and get some action pics or maybe a vid, If anyone sees anything that can be improved let me know its my first real build and i hope i did the FB II justice.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Well i have ran into yet another problem this time its making my panels my lexon on my motor side keeps braking any suggestions on how to keep it from cracking ? I have cut down my motor plate and also tried heating it and same thing every time went thru 4 panels so far.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

What lexan are you using? Where is it cracking?

Rig looks good, btw
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

I used the face shield from a grinding shield for my panels. easy to cut and haven't cracked one yet.
Goatsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Cracking right where i have to hook the bolts in on the motor side like i said i shaved down the motor plat even and left plenty of extra lexon to make sure it could bend but it just keeps cracking. Got the lexon from the LHS maybe its just a bad batch not sure gonna try to zip tie it this time and not bolt it in.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

hey what driveshaft are you running on the rear? i'm waiting on my fastback chassis and am trying to get parts here before the chassis so i don't have to wait much. i heard the stock ax10 mip shaft would be to short in the rear.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

I'm assuming you mean under the motor at skid bolts. Try putting a bend there before reaming out the holes. That helped on my T1E shafty.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Im running the stock MiP rear drive shaft in the rear it has about a 1/3 of the shaft left with 5 1/6 inch rear lowers so yeah it fits just have to get the dig shaft or cut the longer shaft down for the front.

Actually it keep breaking at the motor plate but what i ended up doing was trimming down the bottom and got it fixed ill post pics in a few mins once they upload.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Ok got to Support a couple companys that made this build sick

Ok now for just reg pics

Anything anyone sees let me know , also for some reason with this new esc my foward and reverse seems glitchy at low crawl speeds its a Br-xl any suggestions on how to fix that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Rccrawler and all of the members and there great advice.
Thanks agian to UGC and HH.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

looks great dude..we need to do some ridn soon cant wait to see it thrash
team423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Once i work the bugs out of it im down for that got to get this low speed glitching gone its just kinda like it wants to turn fast but holding back to go slow just jumper than im use to maybe and omg when i turn on the holmes hold brake it makes the most god awful nosies.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Might be in need of a BEC. Not the best person on advice but it cured my glitches in my FXR
Old 01-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Yeah i was looking at bec when you posted that still not really damn sure how to wire it up but im sure ill figure it out next weekend.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

With the holmes hold, its not necessary to run it as high as you would with regular drag brake. Try 50% to start. As you increase it the noise will tell you when your to far.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

There ya go

red wire is positive
black wire negative
orange wire is signal wire
Old 01-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Sweet i didnt know that about the holmes hold ill have to do that tomorrow and ty for the diagram man ill have to get a bec monday then a servo and a new set of rims and i should be done till tax time then its scaler and moa time lol.

Fastback II build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NorZepol's UGC Fastback II Build NorZepol Axial AX-10 Scorpion 42 04-26-2012 10:04 AM
My AX10 build: Stock to Fastback II paul6ppca Axial AX-10 Scorpion 26 09-12-2011 06:44 AM
brplatz's Fastback II Build Brplatz Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 04-30-2011 02:14 PM
My Fastback build JustinThyme Axial AX-10 Scorpion 74 01-01-2011 05:22 PM
billj's Fastback build billj Axial AX-10 Scorpion 280 11-21-2010 07:13 PM