Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Fastback II build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Fastback II build

Ok all you FB peeps out there having a slight problem with this thing as of late it seems to have enuff weight in the front but i cant sem to keep the rear stuck to the ground enuff in some simple angle and i have tried putting a lil weight in the rear but then the front is light agian vs the rear. I'm just puzzled but on a good note it will side hill like a mad man lol.
2006Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Shelby View Post
Ok all you FB peeps out there having a slight problem with this thing as of late it seems to have enuff weight in the front but i cant sem to keep the rear stuck to the ground enuff in some simple angle and i have tried putting a lil weight in the rear but then the front is light agian vs the rear. I'm just puzzled but on a good note it will side hill like a mad man lol.
This is only a suggestion but what if you moved your esc and receiver to the rear upper links with strc or axial electronics plate. I plan on putting mine back there whenever i can get started on it. It might help distribute weight better. Again I really have no basis for this except looking at your pics and remembering that the chassis is a 60/40 set up and all your stuff is inside the chassis, which i do like cause it makes it look very clean.
donhd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Only problem with doing that is they will not fit at full compression they would get crushed sadly. But i think i have it worked out it was just a spring thing.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

cool. i made a plate that mounts to the rear 4 link plate to mount my esc and reciever to. i'm running the gatekeeper rear 4 link plate, i took a piece of aluminum and mounted it to the top of the link plate, bent it down right after the plate, goes down to the driveshaft, and then bends at an angle just like the driveshaft. sorta a Z___ look. my esc actually sits down under the top links now, and the reciever is about even with the top links toward the end of the plate. gets the weight off the links and places it on the axle. works really good.

glad the springs are working out for you.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

Yeah thanks a ton man i understood what you where saying and it all made perfect sence when i steped back and took a breath and calmed down lol. I might have to try and make a plate like that for mine also im still not sure if i would have enuff room but we will see. Atm all my attention is on my moa i just got so my shafty sadly is kinda a shelver atm but ill run it monthly at our local comps and hope to improve with it and i improve with my moa and mini lol.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

i really like the plate. helped mine quite a bit. i'll try and get a pic of it. i'm running the stock ae-2 esc and a spektrum reciever so they are pretty dang big. i just got a losi comp crawler to run in pro class. there is just something about the shafty's that i like. also kinda dig being the only one in the group with a shafty, it's something about being different than the rest.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #107
Quarry Creeper

I was the only shafty for along time and now that my shafty can do most of what there moa can do other than the dig parts they have been nagging me about getting a moa and trying my hand at it so i did lol. I hope there ready for this because im gonna suck at it i can tell because im just not used to that dig switch thing yet .
Old 03-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #108
Quarry Creeper

So if the rules change is permanate ill be making my FB II and FF-4 pretty much and removing my topper so i can compete now because i have moved pass the novice stage and want to comp comp and the no bodiless chassis rule for the new 2.2s class aka national shafty class.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Well i ended up changing a few things on my Fastback in the last few weeks and i have to say it has help a ton. Took first place in my first ever 2.2s local etrc crawl. I ended up getting some new CI closed cell med outer narrowed foams and firm inners and put them in mt rovers and dropped the pins in a box. Also changed up my body and just cut a VW bug topper and went with it. Changed my shocks a lil and went with orange springs up front and red in the rear and 15w in front and 40 in rear, also changed my weight from 4 slugs to three in the front and no weight in the rear. These few changes made my break over and foward nose drops much better.

Pic of my 2.2s this was before i changed the shocks i also trimed more of the body off also.

Also a short lil vid that my wife took and then got pissed because ppl keep getting in her way and quit tapeing when the course got hard but on that course it was 10 gates 6 min and i ended up with a -17.

http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/...-14-25_816.mp4

Last edited by 2006Shelby; 04-08-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Fastback II build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NorZepol's UGC Fastback II Build NorZepol Axial AX-10 Scorpion 42 04-26-2012 10:04 AM
My AX10 build: Stock to Fastback II paul6ppca Axial AX-10 Scorpion 26 09-12-2011 06:44 AM
brplatz's Fastback II Build Brplatz Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 04-30-2011 02:14 PM
My Fastback build JustinThyme Axial AX-10 Scorpion 74 01-01-2011 05:22 PM
billj's Fastback build billj Axial AX-10 Scorpion 280 11-21-2010 07:13 PM