Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Steering issue, axial high clearance knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Steering issue, axial high clearance knuckles

Hey folks,

First off, I did some searching but could not find relative pics/info to my situation, nor could I find pics of people's setup that's the same as mine. I've even been searching google pics, but nothing definitive has turned up.

axial alum chubs, axial high clearance knuckles installed tonight...

I am fairly certain that in the recent past I have come across a thread or two that indicated with axial high steer knuckles NOT in a bta setup, that you need a custom tie rod. Is this correct?

As it sits, with my 106mm straight tie rod, I appear to be about 2mm shy of being able to connect to my knuckles and have straight steering. Is this as it's supposed to be?

Am I making a new tie rod, shimming the current one somehow? Ugh. This is supposed to be bolt-on shit, not custom making parts.
AgentXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Steering issue, axial high clearance knuckles

I think I've got it figured out...not terribly happy with it, but it ought to do the trick. Clocked the C's, mounted the servo arm facing up, used a shorter link for that, shimmed the tire rod itself to fit...seems to work fine.
AgentXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Steering issue, axial high clearance knuckles

I used Wraith ball ends. Trimmed a lilttle off one but I figured it was better than using a spacer. The stok 106 drag link is short. You end up with quite a bit of toe in.
it8ezbngrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Steering issue, axial high clearance knuckles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best High Clearance Knuckles for a BTA Steering Mod?? WrenchHead Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 08-09-2009 02:59 PM
CKRC High Clearance Knuckles & Mayhem 7's Issue treday619 EnRoute Berg 9 06-30-2009 02:09 AM
axial high clearance lower links issue. madmaxxed Axial AX-10 Scorpion 14 01-06-2008 01:24 PM