Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ax10 rtr vs rtc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #1

Default ax10 rtr vs rtc

is there a diffrence between rtr and rtc ? would one be better than the other for the sportsman class 2.2 for me and my 8 year old son ?
bigdogramsst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: ax10 rtr vs rtc

here ya go.

AX10 Scorpion RTC (PT#AX90011) : 4WD, Electric, R/C Rock Crawler

AX10 Scorpion RTR (PT# AX90002) : R/C Rock Crawler/Rock Racer

honestly the RTC would be better for actual crawling in my opinion. The RTR is geared more towards backyard bashing style. They are basically the same truck with a few different things between them. Someone else might be able to chime in with the exact differences, but I went with the RTC version and loved it till the last time I checked my bank account
xjcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #3

RTC:
55T motor, slower but more torque, battery life will last a little longer
Pro-line Hammer tires, great for rock crawling
Longer wheelbase, lower to ground, better suited for crawling

RTR:
27T motor, faster but not as much torque, battery life will be a little shorter
Rock Lizard tires, not so great for rock crawling but a good bashing tire
Shorter wheelbase, higher off the ground, better suited for bashing
Swatsn1per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I've never really thought the RTR had a home.. The stampede 4X4 is a better choice, WAY more durable and just a better basher. but nothing traxxas has ever dreamed of can come close to the RTC.
Arctic Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #5

I am thinking of buying a ax10. I like the idea of of the RTR, but I can't find a new one. What would have to be changed to make the RTC run like the RTR?

Sorry, New to Crawlers
Thanks
easttexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
RCC Addict

not sure of the difference between the RTR and RTC but i bought the RTC and love it, did a few easy free mods and it climbed well right out of the box. i've thrown a couple hundred bucks at it now and its awesome. a friend has the old ARTR and has done lots of mods. the RTC has the new 2.4ghz and one thing i found out yesterday about it is i put in a hitec 7955TG and the stock AE-2 esc did not like it, it couldnt keep the volts up if your working the steering lots and driving at the same time, the esc would shut itself off, then you gotta turn off the rig wait a couple seconds then turn it back on and its fine but it will keep doing it. so im going to toss in my novak rooster crawler because i know they work with the 7955 and can handle the volts.

so if your planning on running a high torque servo be prepared to either run a BEC or upgrade the ESC. apparently the RTC has beefed up plastic links, im running them still with no problems but plan on an aluminum link kit soon.
i ran the hammers but they are small in diameter, i have just recently got a set of sedona's and love them, now that im not running my hammers i might do a sipe job or something on them.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10wannabe View Post
plan on an aluminum link kit soon.
Don't waste your money. Find a vendor here that sells either delrin or titanium links. The aluminum is good until it starts getting scratched up...after that they tend to grab instead of slide. Delrin or ti will stay slick forever.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #8
RCC Addict

i dont care if they get scratched up and start to grab im sure my 7955TG servo and sedona's will pull me through it!!! i'd rather it be sticky because its more predictable and doesnt slide around too much and i can make the ass end go where i want it easier. plus im going for the route that my friends have so if i fawk up a link they have spares and i can toss a new one on and good to go.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
Suck it up!

Quote:
i dont care if they get scratched up and start to grab im sure my 7955TG servo and sedona's will pull me through it!!! i'd rather it be sticky because its more predictable and doesnt slide around too much and i can make the ass end go where i want it easier. plus im going for the route that my friends have so if i fawk up a link they have spares and i can toss a new one on and good to go.
I understand the need for having similar parts. Sitting out because your broken sucks.

But I doubt you'll ever, ever break a delrin or ti link. A rod end maybe, but not a whole link.

As far as powering through a rough spot...that is not always as easy and predictable as you'd think...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I too once thought that way, till i actually got out and tried it. Doesn't work. All it will do is bounce back and forth and flip backwards. The aluminum will hang up as soon as it passes the front tires and then the bouncing back and forth looking like a crab on crack takes place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I understand the need for having similar parts. Sitting out because your broken sucks.

But I doubt you'll ever, ever break a delrin or ti link. A rod end maybe, but not a whole link.

As far as powering through a rough spot...that is not always as easy and predictable as you'd think...
Definately need to listen to Duuuuuuuude and read up on this. There are guys on here who will build any kind of link you want. From Solid delrin to titannium and everything in between. There is even one guy who will build you steel allthread with delrin sleeves. Sounds pretty tough to me. Im building a rock bouncing/crawler off my AX10 RTC and slowly but surely getting it done. I plan on doing and buying things once instead of twice so i only get one shot. money is tight.
donhd04 is offline   Reply With Quote

ax10 rtr vs rtc - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RTR or RTC? mww24 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 10 10-07-2011 10:04 PM
Another which one to get thread - RTR vs. RTC mpkelley20 Newbie General 15 08-30-2010 11:50 AM