Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Here is my story

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default UA Fastback build

So, here is my thread and i'm going to tell u what i do and listen to all ur suggestions and comments.
I did some RC before. I used to have a nitro monster and that was fun. But i never suspected i would love so much the crawlers
So, around 3 weeks ago i got this babe

So smart, so mint, so sweeet
Before i get the rig, yeah, i spent a lot of time reading and still reading So, the first thing i did were the breathable wheels, syped the tires and the NIMH battery which i moved and ziptied it in the front below the batt. plate. That give me a bit more fun, then stock, but not too much. I was really disappointed it couldn't climb the stairs. Those were too slip and the rig was hanging on his belly. Nevertheless, I decided to take it for a short walk outside the city jungle and that was the first time crawl

Don't have pics in action, but it was so fun, that i wanted more and more. That was the moment i've started to think too much. The more i did the more i was unsatisfied with results

Anyways, I bought a new 10kg servo, installed an aluminium steer link, but then downgraded to stock, coz it probably could damage the knuckles, and Axial BTA on the way. The thing makes me extremely mad . Once u turn the servo, the only one wheel is turning and the link bends in a funny way.
As soon as all RC resources/shops are outside of the hole i live in, i have to deal with what i have, so, here's what i have.

AX10 chassis.
Body. I trimmed the rear and a bit the front, but then.... I've found UGC. Every day was looking and drooling on that fastback dreaming to order one in winter, but alias :( Understanding that u can't go stock with FB i decided to make a small dedication to Juan's chassis. Yeah, it is not the same, it looks different but it reminds me a lot of FB and i still dreaming that some day i will get it.

Didn't have chance to test it outside yet, but hope this weekend will set everything clear.
the wait distribution. I'm still trying to find out the ballance and it is a bit hard.
I have 105 grams in each front wheel + servo + 150grams batts + 90 grams on bats + 60 grams on servo, so, totally around 510grams (sorry guys, we don't use OZ here)
In the back i have the big batt pack, which is 300 grams. And now, i am stuck. Probably, i have to move the big batty inside a bit to make the rear wheels lighter, or to add the weight directly to wheels and move the batty somewhere else, that would definitely change the situation.... i hope.
Links and susp.
Here, i did a few things change coz:
We have no spares here
I've ordered new alu skid plate, high clearence links for the rear and just regular but delrin for the front. I stay with stock leaking shocks muhaha. Don't care at least for now.

I 've added some spacers in front to make the travel less, made the rear sprigs stiffer, as u can see from the picture, and did the same to the right front one which leaks.

I still have this torque issue, i've already mirrored the trany, but nothing helps :( we have the front wheel in the air mostly
and i still trying to fight those damn angles

As u can see, the last one sucks. And at the uphil the right front wheel wanna take out and make the whole rig fly down

Any help and comments will be appreciated a lot
Thnx

Last edited by shizzz; 01-28-2011 at 06:40 AM.
shizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2010, 05:45 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzz View Post
So, here is my thread and i'm going to tell u what i do and listen to all ur suggestions and comments.
I did some RC before. I used to have a nitro monster and that was fun. But i never suspected i would love so much the crawlers
So, around 3 weeks ago i got this babe

So smart, so mint, so sweeet
Before i get the rig, yeah, i spent a lot of time reading and still reading So, the first thing i did were the breathable wheels, syped the tires and the NIMH battery which i moved and ziptied it in the front below the batt. plate. That give me a bit more fun, then stock, but not too much. I was really disappointed it couldn't climb the stairs. Those were too slip and the rig was hanging on his belly. Nevertheless, I decided to take it for a short walk outside the city jungle and that was the first time crawl

Don't have pics in action, but it was so fun, that i wanted more and more. That was the moment i've started to think too much. The more i did the more i was unsatisfied with results

Anyways, I bought a new 10kg servo, installed an aluminium steer link, but then downgraded to stock, coz it probably could damage the knuckles, and Axial BTA on the way. The thing makes me extremely mad . Once u turn the servo, the only one wheel is turning and the link bends in a funny way.
As soon as all RC resources/shops are outside of the hole i live in, i have to deal with what i have, so, here's what i have.

AX10 chassis.
Body. I trimmed the rear and a bit the front, but then.... I've found UGC. Every day was looking and drooling on that fastback dreaming to order one in winter, but alias :( Understanding that u can't go stock with FB i decided to make a small dedication to Juan's chassis. Yeah, it is not the same, it looks different but it reminds me a lot of FB and i still dreaming that some day i will get it.

Didn't have chance to test it outside yet, but hope this weekend will set everything clear.
the wait distribution. I'm still trying to find out the ballance and it is a bit hard.
I have 105 grams in each front wheel + servo + 150grams batts + 90 grams on bats + 60 grams on servo, so, totally around 510grams (sorry guys, we don't use OZ here)
In the back i have the big batt pack, which is 300 grams. And now, i am stuck. Probably, i have to move the big batty inside a bit to make the rear wheels lighter, or to add the weight directly to wheels and move the batty somewhere else, that would definitely change the situation.... i hope.
Links and susp.
Here, i did a few things change coz:
We have no spares here
I've ordered new alu skid plate, high clearence links for the rear and just regular but delrin for the front. I stay with stock leaking shocks muhaha. Don't care at least for now.

I 've added some spacers in front to make the travel less, made the rear sprigs stiffer, as u can see from the picture, and did the same to the right front one which leaks.

I still have this torque issue, i've already mirrored the trany, but nothing helps :( we have the front wheel in the air mostly
and i still trying to fight those damn angles

As u can see, the last one sucks. And at the uphil the right front wheel wanna take out and make the whole rig fly down

Any help and comments will be appreciated a lot
Thnx
go on ebay and find a lipo.. low cg is what you want that batt is a lbs i got lipos that are 45g 3s
richardgarrett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

So the batterys on the front axle are just for weight, or are you running batterys on both axles?
NMLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I keep them also charged, but they r only 1400 mah (it's a kinda safety exit, just to last play time a bit more), so that is around 40 mins or even less if it is cold outside.
The big batt i will probably reassemble and move instead of thy in front after i get BTA.
I'm not sure i wanna go lipo - that will tear out some bucks from my pocket.
am not greedy, just not sure. the capacity is much less then the one el cheapo batt i use, all that maintenance issues as well.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I see a row of Felt MTB's back there

Nice truck, keep it up.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thnx
I used to sell Felt, but since i'm official distributor of Commencal i sell Commencal bikes + a lot of dj and street stuff and yet state of art Intense cycles
Old 11-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

drive shaft angle u need to make the rear drive shaft as straight as poss if not it will cause the twist your fighting . i my self never worried about getting it all out just get it under control where u can drive it start with the rear drive shaft angle an i mite run a lil preload in the left rear to keep it down
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

It is as straight as it was when i got the truck. The stock settings. I think this is the straightest one. As for the preload, i also did it, as seen from the pic, but it does help just a bit.
lil bit confused
Old 11-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

ok is the rear 4 linked an dont worry about where it was stock make it as straight as poss now stock it twisted relly bas as well so dont go by that just make it straight now that is where most of the twist comes from
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thnx
I used to sell Felt, but since i'm official distributor of Commencal i sell Commencal bikes + a lot of dj and street stuff and yet state of art Intense cycles
Intense makes good stuff. I used to work for Felt a few years ago. Good company, wish I could get back in with them.

Sorry, wasn't trying to derail your thread.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Nevermind, this site is about passion
Old 12-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #12
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:

i decided to make a small dedication to Juan's chassis. Yeah, it is not the same, it looks different but it reminds me a lot of FB and i still dreaming that some day i will get it.

I love it!! Excellent job

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

For more thread derailment... Where in Ukraine are you? My wife was born in Kiev
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Thnx a lot Juan
Derailing the thread, i am exactly at the place, where ur wife was born haha, may be the same district even
Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

She is from Vinogradar
Old 12-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #16
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
drive shaft angle u need to make the rear drive shaft as straight as poss if not it will cause the twist your fighting .
What???
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
What???
He said:
DRIVE SHAFT ANGLE U NEED TO MAKE THE REAR DRIVE SHAFT AS STRAIGHT AS POSS IF NOT IT WILL CAUSE THE TWIST YOUR FIGHTING.

JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Vinogradar is an opposite side of Kiev, but i have a friend who used to live there and i'm familiar with the place - used to ride my enduro bike in the woods nearby
I wish Kiev had so many places to crawl u have there guys

As for the straight line of the shaft - yeah, i know already it will rip off if the angle is set wrong and it affects the twist somehow. Thnx for that

Last edited by shizzz; 12-02-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I forgot to add that your take on the ugc fastback looks great!

I feel your pain about very few rocks. I live in Florida, plenty of swamp, very little rock.

The building my wife grew up in is the last apartment building before the woods. Her room view was of the woods

Last edited by DickyT; 12-02-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

How did u meet her? That's another side of the planet