Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axial's AE-2 Esc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #1

Default Axial's AE-2 Esc

Hey guys.

I'm trying to work out a problem we have with and AE-2 in a RTC Axial ax10 scorpion.

The problem seems to be to be like the double tap reverse is working but here are the symptoms.

When the truck is on the ESC initializes correctly however when driving forward there is a red light as well as when in reverse it is red. Then when you try to go forward after reversing you have to do a double tap to get it to go forward again.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to reset this ESC without having to purchase a castle-link.

Any ideas?
sarky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
RCC Addict

are you sure its not an ae1 the 2 was supposed to get rid of the double pump.if nothing else give scott a call at axial and he could tell you whats wrong
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

It might need to be reprogramed to the throttle on your TX.

If it is like the Sidewinder you can program the throttle to your TX by holding the throttle full forward as you power on the ESC. Once it starts making a series of beeps, hold full reverse, another series of beeps and let it go to center, another series of beeps and it is ready to go.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Sounds like something is backwards if you have to double tap it to go forward. I don't know about this specific ESC but don't most require a double tap to go into reverse?
Gotlime? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:55 AM   #5

It is the new AE-2

I'm guessing that its programed to do what its doing because there are no signs of fault.

We have run through the fire up full throttle, beep, full reverse, beep, neutral beep...

The only thing I'm thinking about trying is getting into the programing menu and trying to wing it and find out the settings. Thats if this has a manual programing menu. I will have another play when I get home from work and see if we can't work it out.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Sounds like something is backwards if you have to double tap it to go forward. I don't know about this specific ESC but don't most require a double tap to go into reverse?
My thought exactly, but this is an identical unit to another one we have and this one from factory has this. I think I can probably get this to happen in the other direction but how come I'm getting a red led in forwards and reverse?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #7
RCC Addict

If you are having to double pump from rev to foward then try swapping the motor leads and the throttle switch on the radio. Sounds to me like things are just backwards from the factory
mississippirocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:12 PM   #8

Yeah i figure its just backwards, any idea how to turn this feature off ?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:15 PM   #9
Try to Bend it

Get onto the Castle web site to see if you can find the programming guide for a side winder ESC. If in fact the AE-2 is a dumbed down sidewinder then the same programming may apply. HTH
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I've linked up the AE-2 to CastleLink before and it does not have the same options. I'm guessing that it would not have the same layout for manual programming, if it even had manual programming.

Good luck, and if you figure it out, I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate a guide instead of having to buy CastleLink.
BluFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #11

I have the new ae2 esc and it is instant frwd/rvrse, it is intended to be instant and anything else is wrong, but It does need to be adjusted on the tx to work properly.
TheRockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Your best bet is to find someone with a castle link so you can edit the settings a lot easier, if you don't know anyone with one that will let you mess with settings, it might be worth the $20 or so to get a castle link. Worst case - you can always sell it on the BST forum when you are done with it if you don't think you will use it again.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #13

I got new rigs both with ae2 and one is instant And the other has the double pump in reverse. Has anyone tried contacting axail? I was thinking of calling them.
Mr Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #14
I joined the Band!

Wow I am glad I did not grab one of these ESC's. Looks like Axial needs to work some bugs out....
skullking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #15

Iv'e got a new honcho coming next week with the AE-2 in it will have to see how it works. keep posting if you get some more info
bbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

gott a check the settings and make sure your tranmitters adjustment were in the correct settings for when u calibrate your tx to your esc but im pritty sure that the double tap is a setting in the esc
CPT.HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #17
Jer
Rock Crawler

I say get the castle link, SO much easier than all the hoops you have to go through without one. And $20 is cheap, I never understand why people will spend hundered of dollars on upgrades and all other parts, but cheap out on $20, or sell it after they are programmed. Hell, I bought 2 lol
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

If you use the search button you will find this under electronics section.
skywker51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywker51 View Post
If you use the search button you will find this under electronics section.

Wow...that link was incredible!!! it had nothing to do with the problem he was having..
79cutlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Mine has the ar-2 and ae-2 and is instant also.
CRAIGB is offline   Reply With Quote