Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: THE RISE OF THE FALLEN, Litoria Verreauxii Alpina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: The rise of the fallen, Litoria Verreauxii Alpina

Well, bad news time. Also time to get my daily rant over with. So I had ordered the vp chubs, knuckles and lockouts on ebay around the time I started this thread. Well on staurday they still hadn't shipped so I emailed him asking when they would, being polite because he was selling all three as a lot for 75$! So I finally get a response today saying that he sold them to someone else who messaged him an hour after I bought them He apologized and he did refund me in full. But I'm still pissed! Updates will be coming soon however, the snow is melting more now. That should bring a video Btw I'm not going to give out the guys name because he did refund me my money but if by some small chance he's on here and see's this, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!! Sorry for the slow progress guys, also I should have some other goodies coming soon
ScaleFreak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleFreak93 View Post
Well, bad news time. Also time to get my daily rant over with. So I had ordered the vp chubs, knuckles and lockouts on ebay around the time I started this thread. Well on staurday they still hadn't shipped so I emailed him asking when they would, being polite because he was selling all three as a lot for 75$! So I finally get a response today saying that he sold them to someone else who messaged him an hour after I bought them He apologized and he did refund me in full. But I'm still pissed! Updates will be coming soon however, the snow is melting more now. That should bring a video Btw I'm not going to give out the guys name because he did refund me my money but if by some small chance he's on here and see's this, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!! Sorry for the slow progress guys, also I should have some other goodies coming soon
It seems to be happening everywhere now. FRIGGIN' DIRT BAGS, atleast you received a refund. I've had a couple of Lunsford links on order since Sunday, they show a packing # but no progress.
This is my opinion but, People have no accountability of themselves or the actions they take in life. I for one if I give my word I hold myself accountable for my actions.

Last edited by DRV KRAWLER; 02-15-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: edit
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter15 View Post
Looks sweet!
Max is doing a Great job on getting this chassis back in good standings. I know many are waiting on the updates coming. I know I am .
Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
Max is doing a Great job on getting this chassis back in good standings. I know many are waiting on the updates coming. I know I am .
Thanks Dan! Oh yea, I'll have a sweet video pretty soon Weather permitting that is. I promise that the end results will warrant the time between updates
Old 02-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
It seems to be happening everywhere now. FRIGGIN' DIRT BAGS, atleast you received a refund. I've had a couple of Lunsford links on order since Sunday, they show a packing # but no progress.
This is my opinion but, People have no accountability of themselves or the actions they take in life. I for one if I give my word I hold myself accountable for my actions.
... yup i remember that as you rinsed dishes and talked by the magic fire place... its so true tho! If I can't hold to my end of my word I let you know ASAP, not "only after you come and hound my butt..." geez

Oh and to interject my silly $.02... grade 5 titanium is the best of all worlds MINUS cost and ease of working with... that being said nothing is perfect in crawling, tho grade 5 is darn near it
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Ahh but delrin is an amazing material isn't it! All-be-it g5 titanium is as well!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ahh but delrin is an amazing material isn't it! All-be-it g5 titanium is as well!
Never said im dissing Delrin, it a lot easier to machine than G5... end of story Oh well if someone asked for G5 titanium locking rings for my rims i'd stare, laugh and say "fork the $$$ over"

Don't get me started on Carbon fiber, its amazing to look at but can be a disaster to work with
Old 02-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #48
RCC Addict

God no kidding. Almost as bad as fiberglass, I hate it when I need to order new panels for my short course truck (1:1) Because I have to modify them slightly and while I am good now, I wasn't then LOL Now all that happens is the itching....

Last edited by ScaleFreak93; 02-22-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
God no kidding. Almost as bad as fiberglass, I hate it when I need to order new panels for my short course truck (1:1) Because I have to modify them slightly and while I am good now, I wasn't then LOL Now all that happens is the itching....
I cut my stuff "wet" but that can make a MESS with the dust... bla bla bla. Oh well i need a better setup #1 and then go from there
Old 02-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #50
RCC Addict

No kidding once again, fiberglass dust that's wet is the unholyest of messes LOL BTW UPDATES TO COME FRIDAY!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #51
RCC Addict

So small update. Got my 16T Crawlmaster today (Thanks for being so great John!) Along with OD/UD gears. Also found some green slime at the LHS and got them for free. Need to order more rocklube, but this will do for now. Anyway on to the pictures.

Outdoor pics and video soon if weather permits.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #52
RCC Addict

NICE ! ! ! Now we are talking a performance Enhancment. I just love my 16t CrawlMaster motor. And the addition of the O/D and U/D gears. Talk about a night and day when it comes to performance.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #53
RCC Addict

No kidding, I'm glad you talked me out of the torquemaster for the crawlmaster! Btw I forgot to mention the axles and tranny got new bearings throughout. Spinning smoothe!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #54
no talent hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
opek don't be offended because no disrespect was intended to you but I disagree 110% with your statement.

I've been running home made Delrin links for a long long time there is no flex at all during competition and my results prove it. Big falls sure, but that just saves other equipment from breakage. Plus they are extremely light about half or more of a stainless steel link and they slip easily across the rocks which metal doesn't do very well.

My rigs are all 99% Delrin including the links and they perform as reliable and well as anything out there. If there was anything better I'd be running it.
So apparently all the top drivers in the country are hacks and don't know anything. Delrin flexes plain and simple. If its so great, why is the only delrin thing on my truck the skid? Why do I have $80 in ti links on my truck when I could have bought a stick of delrin for $3? For general use sure its great. For performance its probably the worst. There is no way in hell you or anyone can make me believe delrin doesn't flex as a lower. Drive your truck into a vertical ledge and watch. BTW this wasn't directed at just you Norm. It was more towards everyone jumping at opek's statement.
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabil View Post
So apparently all the top drivers in the country are hacks and don't know anything. Delrin flexes plain and simple. If its so great, why is the only delrin thing on my truck the skid? Why do I have $80 in ti links on my truck when I could have bought a stick of delrin for $3? For general use sure its great. For performance its probably the worst. There is no way in hell you or anyone can make me believe delrin doesn't flex as a lower. Drive your truck into a vertical ledge and watch. BTW this wasn't directed at just you Norm. It was more towards everyone jumping at opek's statement.
I have to chime in here. I feel Delrin is a great product for people wanting a slick product that moves nicely across rocks. It is also a very cost effective product that many can afford to work with. Their is no question that delrin flex's, I think that at times it can be beneficial to some drivers. I think everyone will agree with that everyone drives different. That people build to what works for them using the products they prefer. Nabil Titanium is a AWESOME product and I do use it when I can Afford too. It is a great performer on rock surfaces when it contacts it. Without question moves smoother than Aluminum when dragging across a surface and is also very resilent to ware and tear. But to some of use the cost is a little difficult to absorb.

Sorry Max for the thread Jack .
Old 02-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #56
RCC Addict

No problems Dan, I couldn't have said it better myself
Old 03-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Well Max, I think people are in need of a update here.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #58
RCC Addict

I believe you're right Dan. I will be posting up an update as soon as my new camera and a few things from Calvin are done and here
Old 03-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
I believe you're right Dan. I will be posting up an update as soon as my new camera and a few things from Calvin are done and here
Wait what... who me Don't worry im trying to get your stuff done. If all goes well tonight ill throw the locking rings on the Sherline and make mincemeat of aluminum to bad its slow... way slow
Old 03-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Talking Re: The rise of the fallen, Litoria Verreauxii Alpina

wow... did this thread die...

I hate making those rims

THE RISE OF THE FALLEN, Litoria Verreauxii Alpina - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
.... BADLANDS...Will they RISE aswell ? m&mkrawler Tires and Wheels 7 04-10-2009 08:43 AM
High Rise speed probs ccga3359 Newbie General 3 01-07-2008 09:35 PM
Rise of the TLT buildup ILoveRCRockCrawlin Tamiya TLT Crawlers 24 12-18-2005 09:24 AM
...Lord Gator Rage...........RISE!!!! MikeCRO Tamiya TLT Crawlers 5 09-29-2005 07:33 AM