RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   THE RISE OF THE FALLEN, Litoria Verreauxii Alpina (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/364175-rise-fallen-litoria-verreauxii-alpina.html)

ScaleFreak93 02-04-2012 04:03 PM

THE RISE OF THE FALLEN, Litoria Verreauxii Alpina

Well I recently bought this chassis from DRV KRAWLER and made a promise that this will live on! This will be a sportman build that will conform to my local clubs rules.
I started with my old ax axles, virtualy stock with the exception of the steering links, and hardened gears.

Running gear:
OG FROGGER chassis
Sidewinder sct esc
Savox SC-0251 servo
Traxxas 2s lipo
16t Crawlmaster pro (ordered)
Mip's (ordered)
Delrin skid
Delrin lower links
Delin rear uppers (making as you read)
Stock axial 3 link front (local club rule, will touch more on it later)
Losi 4 in. shocks (ordered)
Spektrum DX3E
Axial Rockstar beadlocks (Again club rule)
Panther Leopards
Axial CVD's (ordered)
Robison Racing tranny internals
Alluminum chubs, knuckles, lockouts (deciding)
Wireing is being cleaned up as well, just waiting for the motor first.

More will come I'm sure but here are some pics as it sits currently "thumbsup"
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSCF2061.jpg
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSCF2062.jpg
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSCF2063.jpg
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSCF2064.jpg
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSCF2065.jpg
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/...3/DSCF2066.jpg

Anyway watch for updates.

opek 02-04-2012 04:06 PM

Re: New life-OG FROGGER

Delrin is very heavy and I eventually learned to keep it only where it will be contacting the rocks. It's about the same weight as allthread. Yuck.

ScaleFreak93 02-04-2012 04:13 PM

Total current weight is just above 4 lbs. Right now I'm not to worried.

DRV KRAWLER 02-04-2012 04:16 PM

WOW ! She looks GREAT ! Looks like you nailed the set up. I will be curious about torque twist, your Trans is mirrored the other direction than I had mine set up. I can't wait for your review on it.

It is great to see her in the right hands ! "thumbsup"

ScaleFreak93 02-04-2012 04:40 PM

Thanks :mrgreen: and yea as you know the only motor I have that is worth anything (thats not already being used) Is a 4600 kv 4pole castle motor and I gave it a small test this morning with a 9 tooth pinion and while it was obviously a little fast lol, the torque twist did not present me with any issues worth worrying about thus far. I will know more once the crawlmaster gets here though. But as it sits currently I think I'll be fine.

Dasher 02-05-2012 10:04 AM

Hi ScaleFreak
It's good to see that Boris is not the only surviving OG Frogger after all!

Did you get the Poison Dart Lowers with it or has DRV kept them to himself :)

It's work getting DRV to draw you a template of the PD Lowers as they work really well on the Frogger. The Vanquish Razors are also an absolute "must have".

Looking great though!

ScaleFreak93 02-05-2012 12:04 PM

He kept them! LOL, yea I may end up paying CI a visit after I really get a chance to test it, and the funny thing is I was actually looking at the Razors last night, hmmmmm. Now I really am considering them. I appreciate the kind words, and yea, I won't let this frog die :ror:

Dasher 02-05-2012 03:24 PM

The Razors really transform the handling of the Frogger. I still need a set for my PD build but the carriage to the UK from Vanquish is more than the cost of the parts!

The PD lowers work really well on the Frogger too. I use two pairs of the rear lowers, keeping it symmetrical around the skid. I use the EEM dual triangulation delrin skid (hang the weight)!

Check out Boris's build thread if you want to see the geometry. Boris is definitely not the last word in sportsman's shaftys but it does perform well.

ScaleFreak93 02-05-2012 06:13 PM

Thanks man I'll definitely check it out. Yea I'm sure that as soon as everything I ordered gets here I'll be getting different stuff :ror:

hoghead5150 02-05-2012 06:35 PM

just a tip, get the dremel out after those leopards!! and take some side cutters and snip off the lugs on the sidewalls. it made a huge difference on mine!

Stick306 02-05-2012 09:02 PM

Stick a piece of plastic tubing on your front steering link, i did mine and it helps roll the link up onto rocks.

ScaleFreak93 02-05-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoghead5150 (Post 3549138)
just a tip, get the dremel out after those leopards!! and take some side cutters and snip off the lugs on the sidewalls. it made a huge difference on mine!

You know I did something similar to that on my first set and didn't really like it. This is my third set and I think that for now I'm going to leave them as they are. Besides it's a sportman build and I'm lucky my local club will even let me run these! Modified tires aren't alowed anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stick306 (Post 3549509)
Sweet rig

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stick306 (Post 3549524)
Stick a piece of plastic tubing on your front steering link, i did mine and it helps roll the link up onto rocks.

Thanks Stick 8) And yea, thats an old trick, and so far in what testing I have done/can do untill my motor gets here I haven't really had any issues with that. Really I havn't had to many issues with that on any rig I try to keep my tires on the rocks more than the steering links :ror: More than likely I'm going to go bta steering at some point or another.

DRV KRAWLER 02-06-2012 09:01 PM

Re: The rise of the fallen, Litoria Verreauxii Alpina

I am liking the New Title !

I see Dasher brought up the VP Razors. He is absolutly correct about the transformation it makes in the chassis operation.

I do think the rear upper links could use a little wider positioning.

I will consider doing something with the lower links for you if you would like. But, you may want to contact Casey about whether or not he has some around still. Or he may be willing to hook you up with specs on them.

Casey may have a BTA link also. Could not hurt to ask at the same time. That is one mod I really wanted to do with this chassis.

ScaleFreak93 02-06-2012 09:28 PM

Yea I actually already asked Casey, sadly there are none hiding around :( I would love if you could do something lower link wise. What did you have in mind? Yea you know I need to check with my local club and make sure that I can do bta steering, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to, but I don't see why alot of rules are the way they are :ror: And honestly I really am about ready to pull the trigger on some of those razors "thumbsup"

DRV KRAWLER 02-06-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaleFreak93 (Post 3551708)
Yea I actually already asked Casey, sadly there are none hiding around :( I would love if you could do something lower link wise. What did you have in mind? Yea you know I need to check with my local club and make sure that I can do bta steering, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to, but I don't see why alot of rules are the way they are :ror: And honestly I really am about ready to pull the trigger on some of those razors "thumbsup"

I will be doing some changes in the next few days. Let me get some measurements.

Pull the trigger on the Razors you will not regret that at all. That I promise, it is almost if Vanquish designed them for the "OG and PD".

ScaleFreak93 02-06-2012 09:51 PM

No kidding, hmmm Now I have to talk to wifey, again :ror:

DRV KRAWLER 02-07-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaleFreak93 (Post 3551752)
No kidding, hmmm Now I have to talk to wifey, again :ror:

You could tell her my Wife said I could have some. :lmao:

You might want to start looking for some Traxxas #2662 Big bore Shocks w/ Jeepindoug Mini-T spring Cups and Losi Mini-T Springs.

Stormin2u 02-07-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opek (Post 3546922)
Delrin is very heavy and I eventually learned to keep it only where it will be contacting the rocks. It's about the same weight as allthread. Yuck.

I would disagree strongly with this statement, the only material lighter than Delrin is CF. I prefer Delrin as a building material to aluminum or Stainless any day. It's light weight it slides easily on rock and in a big fall it flexes slightly to save wear and tear on other rigid parts, it's the perfect material for what we do.

no1970ax1o 02-07-2012 12:54 PM

Looks great, Diggin the cardon fiber look . And black and green are the fastest colors"thumbsup" .I agree with comment's about razors total change
in the way froggers perform .Kremitt is still hoppin :lmao:

ScaleFreak93 02-07-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormin2u (Post 3552193)
I would disagree strongly with this statement, the only material lighter than Delrin is CF. I prefer Delrin as a building material to aluminum or Stainless any day. It's light weight it slides easily on rock and in a big fall it flexes slightly to save wear and tear on other rigid parts, it's the perfect material for what we do.

Thank you! I was wondering how long it would be before someone noticed the odd/false comment lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by no1970ax1o (Post 3552847)
Looks great, Diggin the cardon fiber look . And black and green are the fastest colors"thumbsup" .I agree with comment's about razors total change
in the way froggers perform .Kremitt is still hoppin :lmao:

Thanks man 8)