Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My first sporty!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default My first sporty!

:So I did some horse tradin and got the chassis, body, shock, links and tires and going to try out the sporty class! Here are a few pics of it together from bmuzz1

this is the link http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wante...scale-rig.html

For now gonna use my brxl, axr10 metal tubed axles, sock tranny, HH 27t torquemaster black can, savox 4096, and axial rocksters till I get some $ for better stuff!

Since this will be first crawler I may need some advice on some things. Been doin the scale thing for about 2yrs now so not a complete noob

Last edited by jcsaxial; 07-06-2013 at 03:43 PM.
jcsaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
TLZ

Default Re: My first sporty!

Copy the link labled "IMG" in the box on the top right of the photobucket page that says "Links to share this photo" if you want your images to display like this:

TLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

There ya go! LOL Im just a lazy a$$
Old 07-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

One question I have is what are the advantages of runnin the narrower wheels? Im going to use my axial rocksters for now and they are wide as heck. I may try to narrow them but either way still be really wide due to the backspacing. Lmk
Old 07-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Well I suppose narrow rims are lighter, narrow up the tire for better steering angle, and push up the tread giving bigger diameter. A lot of people think 1" is a better all around choice, and some think even wider is the way to go with certain tires like the voodoo. Is it really 3 lbs RTR? That's pretty extreme. Be sure to copy the WTT post if you want to keep any info -- it will probably go away.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Ill have the slider in tomorrow afternoon. Im guessin the way ill have it set up it will be a little heavier due to the metal tubes and wheel choice that im goi w till I get a diff set. Ive got the rocksters and I really dont think they gonna work for this. I have them up for trade for some cheap slw style if someone would hook me up.

I was wondering about tracing out the chassis on some lexan and cuttin it out and seein how it would work. I guess ill get the "use the search" but im lazy and my phone wont work to use that option. I figured it has been done but would like input on how well or was it an epic failure
Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Well the shipping wieght was 2lb 9.7oz no trans, elec, or axles
Old 07-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Just opened the box and wow, super light! Had to bring my daughter to the airport to go back home:( wont get to see her again till next year.

Goin to get on it monday and post pics as I go
Old 07-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

My setup was using steel beef tubes also and I was still in the 3lb range so you should be fine with your setup.

As for the chassis I've always preferred an aluminum chassis over a delrin/plastic because of their rigidity. Ive always felt it was much more predictable.

Enjoy the Shaftman class and your new rig it's a blast!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Got most of it together today! All I got left to do is the trans and driveshafts to install then the motor and esc rx mounting.

One question being... im using a brxl and its still cased, ive seen some w the heatsink removed or smashed and the rx placed on top, what way works best or safest from damaging them?
Old 07-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Well its all in and went to teat and the brxl is WAY TOO BIG. Need to decide between mmicro pro and sidewinder micro. Any input would be appreciated!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Wher are you putting the esc?

Yes the brxl is big, however if you get creative you can fit it.
I ran my brxl under my front servo plate. Had it back to the shock a bit more to keep it from the steering.
filotr14lsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Not sure yet. I may look at tryin to go under the servo/batt plate for now. Lookin at the micro pro when I get some free $ in hand. I used my built rrp filled trans w the mips for now. Gotta get the outputs for my other tranny so I can use the pin through drive shaftsand save some weight. Gonna have to get some slw wheels as well. I was going to trade these but after inspection they are not in the greatest shape
Old 07-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaxial View Post
Well its all in and went to teat and the brxl is WAY TOO BIG. Need to decide between mmicro pro and sidewinder micro. Any input would be appreciated!
For a safe bet and reliable long life, look into a tekin fxr. Deceased and even cutting the pins down, makes it a smaller footprint and easy to fit Anywhere on the rig. I even use one in my mrc! Not to mention the scx, 2.2p(2x), 2.2s.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

yeah i had ome and traded it off w my hotwire. I have an opportunity for another one now but coin flippin on castle since I have the castle link, id have to get the hotwire again. Tough choices here:(
Old 07-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Keep the BRXL -- the best esc out there. Decase it if you must, but maybe just mount it somewhere obnoxious until the BR-mini comes out. Which should be just as good and the size of a postage stamp.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
Keep the BRXL -- the best esc out there. Decase it if you must, but maybe just mount it somewhere obnoxious until the BR-mini comes out. Which should be just as good and the size of a postage stamp.
I guess im not up to date.... all the greatness of the brxl in a mini package? Freakin sweet! Im going to have to look into it.

My first sporty! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sporty? BudLight Newbie General 9 12-10-2012 09:44 PM