Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default shocks

i am running the losi comp shocks now but i have been told to switch to a big bore shock with mini springs and its alot better???? if so what exactly do i need ive seen alot of people runnig them with the pink springs but im not sure what to look for.
ax10tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: shocks

for mini-t springs you have fronts and rears. the fronts are shorter, the rears longer. i've yet to see a correct spring rate chart but here's how they come. for the fronts, the pinks are the softs, reds-medium, orange-hard, the rears are silver-softs,green-mediums,blue-hard. i'm running reds all the way around right now and they are about the same spring rate as losi gold springs. the pinks are very soft.

your losi shocks are good ones, and if you wanted you can run mini-t springs on them, just buy some jeepindoug spring cups! i got my spring cups thru crawlerinnovations. the biggest benefit i've found is the mini-t springs are about the same diameter as the shock body on the losi shocks so it cuts down some tire rubbage against the spring.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
RCC Addict

i really like the losi's but someone told me if i would switch over to the big bores with mini t springs it would be a night and day diff
Old 02-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

if ya switch, just send me th losi's!! the big bores are good shocks, but i doubt it would be night and day difference. the springs will fit the losi's, but the big bores don't leak as bad as the losi's do. if ya wanna go big bores, you can check out wickedwolfrc.com he can set you up with the shocks, cap mod, spring cup, and springs.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
RCC Addict

would you switch to them from the losi's ?
Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

No. unless I needed rod end on both sides of the shocks and the losi's were gonna be to long. I do like the mini t springs tho. The minit's will slip onto the losi shocks, where u put the cartrige in the bottom, the spring will slide over the end and hold there, then jeepindoug's spring cups on the rod end side
Old 02-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
RCC Addict

are you running the losi's with mini t's? if so can you get me a pic of them to see? and i looked on crawler innovation and i didnt see those cups on there.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

The minis fit the Losi shocks fine, you just stretch the end onto the cartridge they fit Ok.....The losi stock O-rings suck/ thus leak...I had great luck with some black silicone ones from the hardware store just go A hair smaller on the ID than the red losi ones.......Built A set awhile back for a buddy and still no leaks
Hacksaw707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #9
RCC Addict

ok so all i need to convert my losi's to the minis is the jeepindoug cups and a set of springs. i found the cups but i cant find the springs anywhere..
Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax10tn View Post
ok so all i need to convert my losi's to the minis is the jeepindoug cups and a set of springs. i found the cups but i cant find the springs anywhere..
google losi mini T spings...There every where
xjcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Ok I found a spring kit but do I need the front or rears to run on the losi's
Old 02-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

fronts, and you can get them from crawler innovations also. just saying. also i ordered 2 sets of front springs. the fronts being shorter they work better with the losi shocks. right now i'm running duratrax evader shocks, but they are almost identical to the losi comp shocks!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
fronts, and you can get them from crawler innovations also. just saying. also i ordered 2 sets of front springs. the fronts being shorter they work better with the losi shocks. right now i'm running duratrax evader shocks, but they are almost identical to the losi comp shocks!
Ok thanks man I'll give them a call or email them right now.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

awesome thanks for the tips on shock set up. I been trying to figure what is best. Rather than buy garbage.
sandbaggerAx10 is offline   Reply With Quote