RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   Measurements for stock AX10 Transmission mounting plate/skid plate (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/377022-measurements-stock-ax10-transmission-mounting-plate-skid-plate.html)

Apoch 04-07-2012 02:13 PM

Measurements for stock AX10 Transmission mounting plate/skid plate

Hey Guys,

I purchased a chassis that is supposedly a replacement for the ax10 setup. It did not come with a skid plate and I am using it for an MOA build but I don't have the stock measurements for the ax 10 skid plate. I plan on ordering a skid plate but since I don't know for sure this is an exact fit with the stock tranny plate I want to do some measuring first. The chassis is 55 mm wide. Is this the stock width? Could someone post some pics of a stock AX10 skid plate and the measurements? Thanks!

cooterwrenchen 04-07-2012 03:50 PM

Re: Measurements for stock AX10 Transmission mounting plate/skid plate

post a pic of the chassis

AX10wannabe 04-07-2012 06:19 PM

i think its around the 3" wide mark.

C*H*U*D 04-07-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoch (Post 3672026)
...I am using it for an MOA build... ...I don't know for sure this is an exact fit with the stock tranny plate

If this is going to be an MOA build, why worry about the stock tranny plate?

Trubble 04-07-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C*H*U*D (Post 3672448)
If this is going to be an MOA build, why worry about the stock tranny plate?

Agreed.

The stock AX-10 skidplate is roughly 80.5mm wide. If you're going to run a chassis only 55mm wide, squeezing a motor and trans between those plates might prove to be a challenge. The drawing I have shows 74.89mm from the far side of the trans., all the way across to the far side of the motor plate. My best guess for measurement from mounting flange of the trans. to where the motor plate leaves the skidplate to be roughly 52.25mm. So you'd have the trans hangin' out one side, and the motor hanging heavily outside the other chassis plate.
Front to back on the stock skid is somewhere in the 50.39ish mm range. How "long" you make your skidplate is going to depend on where your lower link mounting holes are on your chassis. If you're just bolting your lowers to the chassis, (either inboard or outboard, makes no difference), then the length of your skid is largely consequential. If you plan on triangulating your lowers at all, then your skid must be longer than the distance between lower links mounting holes.

'Zat whatchu need?

Apoch 04-09-2012 07:53 AM

I will post a pic of the chassis and also a finished build with the same chassis for comparison. I wanted the skid plate so I could use it as a battery tray and also because the frame and axle mounts for the links are about the same. Triangulation of the links is not going to happen if I bolt directly to the chassis. Trubble, thank you for the info! I'll probably need to pick your guys brains on this once I get the pics posted.