Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: What Next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default What Next?

Well I can't seem to get my rig to perform the way I want it to. Turning is obviously the biggest issue my tires rub on my Losi springs and even when I put a little dab of CA to hold it in place it still falls off.

I'm thinking about getting a new chassis that allows me to inboard the front shocks so I can do the XR mod. I'm currently running the VP Incision Pro chassis for a good 2 seasons now and no matter what I do I can't seem to dial it in.

Also 95% of our guys are MOA. I'm more into scale but comp crawling with them in our sportsman class is still fun.

I've narrowed down my chassis choices to 3:
1. BWD's Wedge Low Pro w/Rat Rod topper bodiless...not sure if this will be legal?
AX-10 Wedge Low Pro - Black

2. UGC's Fastback II in black
UGC Store

3. T1e's new AX10 Sportsman chassis
Ax10 Sportsman Chassis

All around $100 and all are delrin which is a plus. This time around I'm trying to build a lightweight rig that doesn't just hammer through courses.

Which chassis would be best through yall's experiences?
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What Next?

The T1E and FB are both great chassis.

If your going to do the xr full width conversion dont worry about inboarding shocks. Between the added width and castor you can dial in, you should be able to get great steering and have your shocks where they should be with minimal rubbing.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

what you need to do is stop crying over your lil spring and keep working at what your got...i was in your shoes 2 years ago now look im still runing the same chassis different link set up tires still rub up against my springs and face it my sportsman can hang with my buddys moa!
m0d3ds1ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0d3ds1ash45 View Post
what you need to do is stop crying over your lil spring and keep working at what your got...i was in your shoes 2 years ago now look im still runing the same chassis different link set up tires still rub up against my springs and face it my sportsman can hang with my buddys moa!
haha thats awesome!!!

my stock springs rub with my sedona's... oh welll... give er' a little more throttle

if i had to choose i'd say #2 or #3.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0d3ds1ash45 View Post

what he said......im running the bender sw3, old, but still rips it up just fine, im running dh with 335 hubs, i inboarded the shocks and outboarded the links, they rub a bit .........but I have pulled some lines that modded xr's couldn't follow

i say work out the chassis you have,
MaD222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

btw im rockin a modded bender swx...but if i had to choose from your 3 chassis...it have to be #3 t1e!
m0d3ds1ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:50 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

i recomend FB II,all the way,i have one and looks awesome
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote