Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: "Project Basketcase" my new sporty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: "Project Basketcase" my new sporty

I know people swear that you have to change from the stock knuckles but I have never had one break before this and the way the truck hit I think even an aluminum one would have bent. Oh well.. new ones on the way.
avanord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Well plastic parts are still the devil. Everytime I take this truck out something new breaks. It is beginning to get a little frustrating. Yesterday I stopped and within 5min. of driving I broke my front drive shaft. I was doing a front dig and I think that the added stress has been hard on the shafts. Also I am pretty sure it was a stock axial shaft which I have broke numerous times in my SCX10. TIme for some traxxas shafts and see how they are holding up.

I would have taken pics but you all know what this looks like anyway.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Bummer. Yes, I agree about a dig being hard on the driveshafts. Puts more stress on all of the drivetrain, depending how hard you use it.
Josh_Br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Very true. Like I said I will just put a traxxas one on and see how it holds up. If I start blowing them apart too I guess it would be time to step up to something even stronger.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Well I have driven my truck twice since my last post. Once on Saturday messing around at teh scale comp I was at and once yesterday after work. Saturday was the first time ever that I was able to drive my truck for more than about 15min without breaking something. It was awesome!!

Then... Yesterday I took it out and it popped a shock off within the first 5 min. Easy fix and I was good to go again. About 10 min. later I snapped a rod end on my lower link and my afternoon drive ended abruptly. I guess I found another weak link. (Bad Joke)

This truck is getting pretty frustrating. I am honestly debating making it into another scaler, but I really like how well it climbs. I am torn between the 2. I would have posted pics, but everyone knows what a broken rod end looks like.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

So as per usual this truck disapoints again. I fixed the rod end (took about 30sec) and then a buddy came over to the house. I let him drive it for about 5 min and somehow he was able to mess up the servo. It turns fine to the left, but at full right throw it makes a horrible loud grinding sound. I dont know if it broke some teeth on the gears or what I havent had time to look at it yet, but i did order some new servos to try.

Here is a link:

Solar Servo D772 High Voltage 0.17sec@7.4v 64g Digital Metal Gear

I know that it is a $17 servo, but a while back when these came out people were reviewing them on here and most had pretty good luck with them. If I can find a cheap servo that works that would be awesome. I am just not willing to pay the $120 for the good hitec ones. I am too cheap.

Lastly project basket case will be short lived. I am in the process of thinking up a new class 3 scaler truck to swap these axles over to. I want to build it from the gound up, but I cant decide on anything. Anyone have any Ideas?? If so post up some pics.

Thanks for listening to me complain over and over about this truck.

Adam
Old 07-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

i got one of those servos in my venom. runnin strait off the main 2s pack. so far so good.its not as strong as they claim,but it is a cheap servo.
JR horns fit it.
stanmondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the input man. I figured it wouldn't be as strong as advertised, but I am hoping it will do the trick
Old 08-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Project Basket Case has seen her last days as a comp crawler. She is now on her way to becoming a TTC Class 3 Scale Beetle. Take at the very beginning of this project at "The Scale Beetle" Class 3 TTC Rig .

Thanks to all who listened to my complaining about broken parts.

Adam
Old 08-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

So long basket case!
Josh_Br is offline   Reply With Quote

"Project Basketcase" my new sporty - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
++ T1E Moonbuggy "Sporty" ++ Stormin2u Axial AX-10 Scorpion 100 02-11-2013 06:11 PM
My return to a "Sporty" (Poison Dart inside) cagedcbr Axial AX-10 Scorpion 13 11-10-2012 10:13 PM
Project "FRANKESTAIN" or "AXIAL FORCE" mykonian General Crawlers 5 03-06-2009 11:37 AM
Project "TimberWolf" 1.9" Scale Yota Hybrid 51WillysJeep 1.9 Scale Rigs 53 08-14-2008 06:43 PM