Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: my (sportsman) build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: my (sportsman) build

so ive been playing with squat and anitsquat on my truck and i have wrapped my head around that. (for the rear) but ive been thinking on the fron ant this is what i came up with . i want my front end to squat, but we are driving forward, so just using the 4 link calculator but on the fron ddoesnt work, brecause that would mean you are traveling backwards. so i thought if i make a normal line parrallel to the original, but forward of the rear axle and make the links intersect below the FRONT normal line then the fron would squat under power. if you look at the picture, i think you will get what i mean. if anyone else wants to comment on this go ahead, i just KNOW that setting up the front with squat as the rear is not the right way. i have my links setup like this and although it does not squat under power, it does squat when you apply twisting torque on the front axle.
Attached Images

27cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

There are times when you have to reverse when driving and it seems like having things behave regularly and predictably is what counts.
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

just took this thing under the bridge for a couple hours. man does it perform well. the only thing that i have found with the front suspension set up like this it that, as the suspension compresses the front driveshaft angle gets pretty bad, were as my rear stays almost the same. this thing did some lines that i didnt think it would ever do. very predictable too. added 1.5 oz. to the front, and changed from traxxas reds all around to losi whites in the rear and golds up front. didnt know if i would like it this soft, but it really lets the tires do the work.
27cameron is offline   Reply With Quote

my (sportsman) build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Little BuckI's First Sportsman Build BuckImod Axial AX-10 Scorpion 11 01-08-2012 04:27 AM
Ox's Moonbuggy Sportsman Build OxInYourBox Axial AX-10 Scorpion 18 07-14-2011 06:56 AM
fred0000's sportsman build fred0000 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 118 05-13-2011 11:29 PM
My first sportsman build adamargue HPI Wheely King 45 04-13-2011 07:21 AM
Samdogs sportsman losi build samdog Team Losi Comp Crawler 46 07-13-2010 10:28 AM