Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: RootBreaker's Axial AX10 Scorpion RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2015, 09:11 PM   #41
I joined the Band!

Default Re: RootBreaker's Axial AX10 Scorpion RTR

Servo has stripped gear inside. Sheeze not burnt out....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2017, 05:39 AM   #42
I joined the Band!

long overdue update. I took the stock ax10 front servo out and put in
Tower Pro MG946 in front and back.
just ordered a front tierod with the bends to clear the front axle. I have the all thread/brake line tubing setup now and a horrible servo arm that is angled and allows me to use it. the standard axial metal arms dont have the bend so it binds up...

going to do a video once i find somewhere to crawl - my issue here is no place to crawl...

after steering last item on list is hand wound motor... then maybe shocks. these shocks are stock and all i did was pull the C piece on the bottom so the shocks droop and dont hold the rig up as high. so now the spring sits on the axle

ax10a by Jeffrey Riggs, on Flickr

ax10b by Jeffrey Riggs, on Flickr

ax10c by Jeffrey Riggs, on Flickr

ax10d by Jeffrey Riggs, on Flickr
Old 06-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #43
I joined the Band!

tonight I will be fixing the front steering as I got rid of that while horn and put an axial on it. but have to do the steering arm... then she is ready.
just a shame that there are no rocks around here and I'm gonna sell it... I want a trx4 and to put 1.55s on it and do a 1:1 as a basher/trail truck...
Old 07-08-2018, 03:38 PM   #44

So was the plate from Axial? im hopping back into the hobby after several years and I have an AX10 in a hot racing chassis I bought years ago that im trying to get squared away. it doesn't have any battery plates on it and I wanna run the battery on the axle, and swap to 4 link up front instead of a y link.
sinat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:27 PM   #45
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinat1 View Post
So was the plate from Axial? im hopping back into the hobby after several years and I have an AX10 in a hot racing chassis I bought years ago that im trying to get squared away. it doesn't have any battery plates on it and I wanna run the battery on the axle, and swap to 4 link up front instead of a y link.
wow have I been gone that long?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

my 2 kids got tied up into so many sports (their decision)…
travel soccer, street hockey and MMA....

my oldest is 20 now and 1st degree Krav Maga Black Belt - moved out and found out life is tough and stopped MMA

my youngest is 13 and a year ago got his 2nd degree Krav Maga Black Belt and is on his way to 3rd degree. 3rd degree is 3 years from 2nd degree and so much more training. He is good. really good, I cant get a shot on him!!!!!

since oldest moved out, youngest quit hocky and I think travel soccer will be done for him soon... I am left with only taking 1 to MMA and have free time.

I decided to sign up and I test for my advanced orange belt this Thursday (yes virtual training now due to covid….)

now back to it...

I have just read back from my original post!!!!!

I am still a n00b on RC's and a lot has changed in 2 years so my questions are going to be the typical but lets see where this goes...

I just took my tuber off the wall where it has been sitting since 6/18 and threw together front steering parts (cant remember why they were off) but had to bend some all thread to make something. looks horrible but it will work for now.

threw my battery in it, powered on and it runs!!!!!! BUT OMG IS IT SLOW AS HELL!!!!!!!

So many people are doing 3s and up in TRX-4... brushless 3800kv or so setups and nothing is breaking.

so question 1...
What ESC/motor could one run where it will not kill the transmission and axles but become a rig that moves. I believe my ax10 goes about 3mph.. maybe.... with the novac 55t.
Budet - $250 or higher or lower

Want it to be more of a trail rig with some speed but still crawl. I still have no rocks around me but if I get this working I could take it with me places...

question 2....
all 4 wheels wobble.
Pics are worth a thousand words...
what knuckles and c hub would you recommend for my set.
The tires and weighted rims are HEAVY....

rear are plastic and I think the fronts are metal and im guessing im going to have to take it apart and look at parts for a better thought on it..

but still if something new has come out.. id like to hear about it!

thx and let me know...

may get to the camaro foff CAM-FOFF too soon... ughhh I start things and never finish.. hence why I like buying new/complete.. hah.. no time..
Old 04-21-2020, 06:31 PM   #46
I joined the Band!

after posting, I was off to searching...
so I think im leaning on to
ROC412 3100KV and mamba max...

more searching now..
Old 04-23-2020, 01:55 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

You can also go with a MambaX and a holmes hobbies motor (of your choice of KV).
Cant go wrong there...
xkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:05 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

If it were me, I'd go cheaper on motor/esc and invest more in the axles.

I'd go Hobbywing 1080 & holmes crawlmaster sport... or maybe trail master.

They aren't speed demons (like a stadium truck), but faster than the ol' lathe motors. Think 27-35t speed, but with the low speed control of lathes.

For axles, look into the Beef tubes XR mod. Even if you just do the front, then use spacers/wideners out back (to shave cost). The added width along with the INSANE steering angle is amazing. The weight down low means you can lighten up the tires too, which will help in wear and handling (won't buck as much at throttle input).
It can get expensive, but you can also shave costs by using some stock plastic XR parts.

A simple tubing bender can make those brake line links into high clearance (see my thread here in the same section).

Also... is it slower than it was before... or you just want it faster? Maybe your batteries aren't up to snuff anymore? Probably not the case... but maybe.

Last edited by chevy42083; 04-23-2020 at 03:10 PM.
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:47 PM   #49
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post

They aren't speed demons (like a stadium truck), but faster than the ol' lathe motors. Think 27-35t speed, but with the low speed control of lathes.

For axles, look into the Beef tubes XR mod. Even if you just do the front, then use spacers/wideners out back (to shave cost). The added width along with the INSANE steering angle is amazing. The weight down low means you can lighten up the tires too, which will help in wear and handling (won't buck as much at throttle input).
It can get expensive, but you can also shave costs by using some stock plastic XR parts.

A simple tubing bender can make those brake line links into high clearance (see my thread here in the same section).

Also... is it slower than it was before... or you just want it faster? Maybe your batteries aren't up to snuff anymore? Probably not the case... but maybe.
Thx for the reply... still been out of it with no time but slowly getting some... hah..

I just took it off the wall again and plugged the battery in.. and she is alive...

I will look at what you suggested there and see what I come up with.
I have a 3d printer as well (you can hear it in the video) so I can make stuff too lol

https://youtu.be/8ACXw4RFWnE
Old 01-26-2023, 06:10 PM   #50
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post

wow..so update here..

There is a local place that I have not been to yet but hope to go this weekend. Guy there is giving me stuff..
but as you recommended, I just bought the hobbywing 1080 G2 (recommended from hobby dude)
and he is giving me a Reedy 14T and 90mm element shocks to which he said run 50wt in front and 70wt in back.
I run a partial droop now so will be different for me. I am going to hit their course first and video it... then go out and do the mods and see what I think...

I really want portals and may do them, but we will see over time...
Not worried about COG due to if you look at my wheels, I have the added wheel weights and each tire/weight rolling mass is HEAVY!! I gotta weigh them to see cuz I forget...

current video of it..

Carpet / Box Crawling - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ACXw4RFWnE

Full speed in garage lol - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW-C9PNzsSo

Some shock setup - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u7cnLxcQfM
Old 02-03-2023, 07:33 AM   #51
I joined the Band!

well update...
i got her going and here she is with novak 55t..
https://youtu.be/hW-C9PNzsSo

got hobbywing 1080 g2 and given reedy crawler 14t
https://youtu.be/Yp0AxBGFoVM

Just ordered flysky 5...

gonna switch 15t pinion to 14t cuz i have one but thinking even smaller cuz i am enjoying the speed punch;however, i feel it needs a tad more low end...
Old 02-15-2023, 07:32 AM   #52
I joined the Band!

Way more done to it!!!!

Desert lizard 2 stage 110mm shocks put on with stock in back and more down pull up front....
12t pinion
removed light bar as it more or so broke off lol

love the proline tuber body but contemplating this body now...

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/ax-10-body
Old 02-16-2023, 08:57 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Are those the original shocks it came with?
MexicanMarauder is offline   Reply With Quote

RootBreaker's Axial AX10 Scorpion RTR - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AX-10 Scorpion RTR Upgrades. what do u think? ltz-400 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 32 03-26-2009 03:30 PM
Axial rtr with a few upgrades webster420 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 01-13-2009 08:05 PM
Cheap upgrades for ax 10 rtr AXE 10 Newbie General 2 01-04-2009 03:14 PM
AX 10 rtr upgrades AXE 10 Newbie General 2 01-02-2009 07:04 PM