Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: battery dimensions for on back and front

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default battery dimensions for on back and front

Ok guys im back..
new to the lipo scene.. i see they are smaller.. than bricks...and the pricing is cheap.. since im not going comp..just playin with kids..

sooooooo.

i have the front battery/servo plate on order.. anyone here with one that can tell me what the max size you can fit on it comfy?
i want to run a high 3c mah for long run time...

also i bought the axial 4 link for the rear.. maybe strap a bigger one to the rear for say trails..... what is the biggest mah that would fit there???

i see some are using 800mah and some are using 1600mah....

so i appreciate your thoughts on this... I dont have my car with me to measure up right now so not sure how much room there is as I can search for batteries and dimensions online...

parts are not in yet..
they will be going to
27T axial stock motor - for now.. may buy 35T or 55T too and swap on conditions
carbon fiber front servo/battery plate
axial metal 4 link plate for back
ae-2 esc - once it gets in.. i know to run 3s i will need a bec - castle bec best choice?
i figure 2 lipo batteries... 1 to fit size up front and 1 to fit out back (not at same time)
and heck maybe a 5000-8400 to fit across top for trails and long runtime and 3s speed!!!!!!

oh so in addition to getting the batteries i will get the Turnigy AC6 balance charger as it seems cheap and highly recommended...
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
I joined the Band!

Default Re: battery dimensions for on back and front

fyi im searching and reading too!!!! ...

saddle pack mounts for AX10?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
No idea what I'm doing

I have run 1,300, 3S packs on the front and like the size/runtime tradeoff. I was getting about 40 minutes. I then switched to 800, 3S and liked it better and then went to 500, 4S which is just about perfect. Runtime of course is reduced.

Long runtimes seem like a great thing, but having the big battery does present some problems. Fit is one and weight is the other. If you are going with the front plate, battery swaps are very quick...maybe 30 seconds?

I also prefer a few smaller batteries to one large one because if something happens to that one big battery you are done for the day. If you have 3-4 smaller batteries, if something happens to one you can still play for awhile.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
I joined the Band!

now see i like real world experiences!!!!! thanks!!!!

well since mine is mostly going to be trails.. and occassional curbs/rocks, etc... im not too worried that much about weight..
you say 4s.. well no can do..

ae-2 will run 2s fine and im reading a castle bec will get me to 3s...
im seeing 800mah from 73-74mm in length and a 2600mah at 97mm... i do want 1 long run for messin with... then ill get a few small ones...

it also depends on the dude.. i txt him about his stuff on CL... 2 x 2s 5000, lipo charger and controller... i know 5000 is HUGE.. will fit in normal stock area and be used for normal toying around... then all i have to get is a small one for rocks...

but good to know a 800 fits up front.. im thinking not much more will...

battery dimensions for on back and front - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR10 Battery (Maximum) Dimensions..? tanglefoot Axial XR10 1 12-03-2011 01:11 PM
Scx10 battery in front or back? Cypher Axial SCX-10 10 08-23-2011 02:42 PM
battery dimensions w/cms nafie Axial SCX-10 0 04-27-2010 04:48 AM
Biggest 3S battery dimensions pink_sleeve Team Losi Comp Crawler 10 07-01-2009 04:29 PM
Battery Holder Dimensions? constantmotion Team Losi Comp Crawler 2 06-05-2009 10:16 PM