Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New (to me) AX-10 based crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #1

Default New (to me) AX-10 based crawler

I recently joined this site after getting the itch to get another crawler. Originally I had a Losi Nightcrawler, but ended up parting ways with that.

Funny story about how I ended up with my newest crawler. I had been reading the wealth of information on this site trying to decide what to buy for my next rig. Unfortunately, cheap was a big factor. I know, you get what you pay for.... So I called a buddy of mine up who is local to me. He has been into crawlers since I met him and had scratch built a berg crawler that was pretty sick. I messaged him to find out what he recommended, and it turned out, he had an AX-10 based crawler collecting dust in his garage. A few bucks later and a promise to crawl some rocks with him soon, I brought it home.

I'll go over some of what this rig has, but will have to wait until tonight to post pics.

Drive Train:
Brused 35t motor.
Futaba ESC (no lipo, but no biggie)
Futaba Servo for Steering and Dig

Chassis:
Axial Metal gear transmission
Custom chassis (cant remember which brand)
T-Maxx shafts with Axial rings to keep the axles from separating.
Upgrade to 4 link on rear
Losi Rock Claw tires on soft foams
Custom dig unit with Traxxas 3 channel Am radio does 4 wheel, front wheel and rear lock positions.

This thing crawls pretty good and I cant really beat it for the great price I have in it. Again, I will post pictures tonight and you guys can see whatever I missed.
dragginbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

New (to me) AX-10 based crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DF-02 based crawler suterman Newbie General 0 04-24-2012 12:33 AM
my WK based crawler. NMB2 HPI Wheely King 5 11-25-2008 02:00 PM
Which is better, A clod based crawler or Shaft/axle based crawler? Nova's Ark Newbie General 8 07-10-2007 10:34 AM
Now I can build a WK based crawler... drcooper Newbie General 3 06-21-2007 04:30 PM
What would you like to see in crawler based wheel? badtodabone Tires and Wheels 11 07-23-2004 09:14 AM