Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: metal gear transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #1

Default metal gear transmission

What metal geared trans is good for the ax10? I've seen a couple different ones on ckrc not sure what is the best
Jgraser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: metal gear transmission

there isnt a complete ready to drop in tranny thats all metal...any ways, robinson racing makes some really good and strong tranny geras...look em up!
mhflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhflies
there isnt a complete ready to drop in tranny thats all metal...any ways, robinson racing makes some really good and strong tranny geras...look em up!
https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ax10-fu...on-p-3725.html
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhflies View Post
AXAIL BOMB PROOF MODS
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
No idea what I'm doing

The idler is pretty weak. Upgrade it with this:

Robinson Racing Hard Steel Idler Gear AX10 #1541*-*Driveline Parts: Transmissions/Dig Units and transmission/dig parts*-*-By Truck: Axial AX10 Scorpion, SCX10, Honcho*-*The Crawlers Store LLC

The output gear isn't as weak, but the output shafts are. Upgrade them both with this:

Robinson Racing Outdrive Diff Lock Gear AX10 #1542*-*Driveline Parts: Transmissions/Dig Units and transmission/dig parts*-*-By Truck: Axial AX10 Scorpion, SCX10, Honcho*-*The Crawlers Store LLC

Welcome to RCC
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #6

Thanks for the input guys, I'll definitely look in to those
Old 07-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by articzap View Post

Fortunately all their stuff is out of stock -- Cause those prices are crazy.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

i guess i need to shut up....lol, i was pretty darn sure they didnt have complete kits!
mhflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #9

I was a little confused about that cause I saw an axial I think that was full metal and an integy on ckrc, haven't heard any good things about anything integy though so I'm not sure which one is better
Old 07-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #10

https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ax10-fu...on-p-3725.html

https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/integy-...10-p-4425.html

Those are the 2 I found, any opinions, anybody used either one
Old 07-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
Fortunately all their stuff is out of stock -- Cause those prices are crazy.
I've felt that trans out of the truck, drove a truck with one and I can tell you it is the smoothest transmission ever. You can spin the input or output and it'll keep free wheeling. So butter smooth.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #12

It should be pretty smooth for $240... too expensive for my budget
Old 07-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

SuperShafty, BWD motor plate, MIP drivelines, VP or HR tranny housing, Robinson Steel Internals, Robinson Gen3 slipper locked all the way down, then throw on a 3s-4s setup....your tranny and drivelines are now bulletproof.

Make sure you do lubricate the Robinson internal gears for longevity. With the MIP's I do also lubricate the crosspin joint area after they settle overnight with the loctite grub screws with Associated black grease. This keeps everything running smooth for years to come!

If you're on a budget like most of us....first upgrade the Axial tranny internals to Robinson steel idler and Robinson one piece output plus the MIP shafts front and rear. That should allow you to lock your slipper all the way down and get the most out of your power plant without fear of stripping or breaking anything driveline wise...except the spur gear (which I rather replace that than take apart the entire tranny on the trail in the middle of a comp or GTG). The top alloy gear that comes standard in the Axial tranny gear is fine. No need to replace btw.

Good luck!
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
SuperShafty, BWD motor plate, MIP drivelines, VP or HR tranny housing, Robinson Steel Internals, Robinson Gen3 slipper locked all the way down, then throw on a 3s-4s setup....your tranny and drivelines are now bulletproof.

Make sure you do lubricate the Robinson internal gears for longevity. With the MIP's I do also lubricate the crosspin joint area after they settle overnight with the loctite grub screws with Associated black grease. This keeps everything running smooth for years to come!

If you're on a budget like most of us....first upgrade the Axial tranny internals to Robinson steel idler and Robinson one piece output plus the MIP shafts front and rear. That should allow you to lock your slipper all the way down and get the most out of your power plant without fear of stripping or breaking anything driveline wise...except the spur gear (which I rather replace that than take apart the entire tranny on the trail in the middle of a comp or GTG). The top alloy gear that comes standard in the Axial tranny gear is fine. No need to replace btw.

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice definately taken in to consideration

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/394331-metal-gear-transmission.html
Posted By For Type Date
Thread transmission gear grease? | RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board | BoardReader This thread Refback 02-14-2013 08:16 PM

metal gear transmission - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi locker/plastic gear Vs. HR metal gear Illeagle Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 9 01-12-2012 07:14 AM
Metal Gear vs Titanium Gear rctoyguy Electronics 4 02-15-2010 09:59 PM
Metal transmission gears installation Locked Up HPI Wheely King 22 08-10-2009 01:13 PM
metal gear for txt-1 centre gear box??? satin's truck Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 12 11-12-2006 11:59 AM