Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 2.2S is catching on!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 2.2S is catching on!

I've been noting the number of people on certain sections of the forums, over the last few months there's a shift back onto the AX10 forum, possibly from the XR10 forum but it's obvious that 2.2S has started catching on judging by the number of live threads in this section

ManxCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
I joined the Band!

Default Re: 2.2S is catching on!

well im new... i only have a ax10 cuz it was offered as a trade for my tmaxx .28 big red.. dude got a better deal but i didnt use it..
also all lhs near me say axial is a higher brand and they dont stock axial... they can order..

so i feel that i got the entry level higher end machine....
i like that...

i am having so much fun... now converting to lipo... going to do rear steer.. better motor... then moving on to a FOFF build!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
5th D Owner/Driver

Our last comp had 14 sportsman rigs, all very nicely built.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #4

i'm pretty new to all this. i thought i preferred the scale stuff, i wanted to get an scx10 for an entry into this hobby but they didnt have one in stock so i got the AX10 instead. glad i did. i got a tuber chassis right away for it and have been working it to be more of a scale 2.2 crawler. kinda like a 1:1 rock buggy. but not near the detail i see on this forum so often, nice work to those of you who build them and show them off here.

so i have been really enjoying this crawler and i am plannin on a scaler build to go with it, you can never have just one toy right?

in the event of looking like a total newbie and not knowing anything about comps, what is the sportsman class? i mean i se some of the builds, but what constitutes a sportsman? what are the rules?

Last edited by atomicfab; 08-26-2012 at 04:20 PM.
atomicfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I bought a used ax10 a few months ago and am in the process of building a 2.2s crawler out of it. I am on a "shoe string" budget so a custom chassis is not going to happen. But with some luck and some hand-me-downs from a buddy who keeps upgrading his xr10, maybe I will end up with a respectable rig. It is great that even though I own an older platform, there are many current builds and innovations that I can benefit from. Can't wait to see what other ideas people come up with!
Scocrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

glad to hear all the talk on 2.2s gets me fired up,we have a comp once a month and are having 15 to 2o people a comp and we run only the 2.2s class. We have to keep these guys building parts for us to keep it alive,and for sure losi its like everyone is forgettin us guys,but keep jup the good work guys!!!!!!
cliff1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicfab View Post
in the event of looking like a total newbie and not knowing anything about comps, what is the sportsman class? i mean i se some of the builds, but what constitutes a sportsman? what are the rules?
Rules can be found here:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rules...012-rules.html

Sportsman Class Rules Guidelines
Sportsman Class is a fun class intended for local drivers enjoyment.

▪ 1- Drivers are require to have fun!
▪ 2 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches.
▪ 3- Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring
the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
▪ 4- Vehicle is limited to 2.2 inch wheels/rims or smaller at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified, provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter. With a tire mounted, no exterior component of the wheel, including but not limited to, the bead lock ring shall exceed 2.55". Tires may be modified from other sized tires using only a pliable rubber, but must not exceed a total uncompressed outer diameter of 6 inches.
▪ 5- Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering only.
▪ 6 – The body and Bodiless vehicles same as Class 2 vehicle –2.2 (See Sec. 2.3.5 & 2.3.6)
▪ 7 - Vehicles are limited to the use of 2 radio channels (one for steering & one for throttle) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed, but only 2 channels may be used to control the vehicle.
▪ 8- Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only.
▪ 9 - (OPTIONAL) Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles.

A 2.2s legal truck is also legal in Sportsman, but necessarily vice versa. Bodiless is allowed in Sportsman, but not in 2.2s
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

It's just a fad.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
It's just a fad.
Thats what my wife says... 2.2's r only good for a bit

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Just to make super sure, 2.2S is different to 2.2 Sportsman in that:

2.2S Class: Bodied Vehicles only
▪ 2.3.6 - Bodied vehicles must be 3” minimum height on sides. No less than 12.5” total length and full original width, and no less than 5” in center.

2.2 Sportsman Class: Bodied and Bodiless Vehicles
▪ 2.3.5 - 2.2 Crawler class bodiless 8" overall length, 3" overall width, and 3.75" overall height.
▪ 2.3.6 - Bodied vehicles must be 3” minimum height on sides. No less than 12.5” total length and full original width, and no less than 5” in center.

As a side note, as Sportsman has regulations even though it's a fun class, surely it should be included in the regs proper:

2.6- Class 5 – Class 2.2 Sportsman:
etc.
ManxCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

2.2S is catching on! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Central Texas catching HELL CREEPERBOB Chit Chat 20 04-03-2012 08:47 PM
Catching RC plane in some nice locations trev0006 Non Crawler RC's 0 03-23-2012 01:17 AM
new 6 cell catching on fire ax10 Electronics 8 09-18-2009 08:25 AM
Interesting Way of Catching a Criminal Shaun Chit Chat 8 09-20-2008 12:38 PM
I think the rest of the RC world is catching on... Krod_Clod Tires and Wheels 10 12-24-2004 10:42 PM