Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: The new bling hotness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #101
Rock Stacker

Default Re: The new bling hotness

Hey knawb gawblin!!! Use your spektrum and quit edging around with your 2.7mhz gayness!!!!
PSYCHO-JLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHO-JLO View Post
Hey knawb gawblin!!! Use your spektrum and quit edging around with your 2.7mhz gayness!!!!
ASSuming you don't stand me up again Thursday I'll let you mess with it. I was tired and running low on patience when I tried last time.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #103
Rock Stacker

I've never stood you up?, you must be thinking of all the Craigslist guys your hooking up with ......I will get it working for ya!...
Old 12-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Craigslist dates never stand me up, I'm just that good!

I wish you luck that piece of shit doesn't work as well as my am radio!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #105
Trying to have Fun Again

Just buy a good radio Ryan. Also hit up craigs list local to us there is a clod crawler that can out crawl any rig.
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:10 AM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rockcrawler View Post
Just buy a good radio Ryan. Also hit up craigs list local to us there is a clod crawler that can out crawl any rig.
I picked up a spektrum dx3.0 from j lo I just haven't figured it all out yet. I just need to break down and order a flysky gt3c and hack it. Receivers are under $10 and it is simple to set up for 6 or more channels. My biggest hangup from a new radio ps how I have my rear dig set up. I have a potentiometer with a thumb wheel so I can go from drive directly to drag or stop at free wheel instead all without moving either hand. I haven't noticed another radio that can do that. I was actually considering picking up a traxxas tq 2.4 and putting a potentiometer on it too.

That's a steel for $5! j lo will probably want to buy it.

Rc rock crawler RTR 1/10th
Old 12-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #107
Rock Stacker

Text sent...lol
Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHO-JLO View Post
Text sent...lol

$5 seems like a fair price for an ancient moa pile of shit.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #109
Rock Stacker

The kid wants $300...lol
Old 12-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Damn, I remember when I did drugs too...
Old 12-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Been a productive day so far.

Picked up a mamba max from j lo yesterday so I hit the lhs this am and grabbed a CC bec to go with it. Swapped it in with the spektrum radio and everything works like a champ now. I took the time to clean up the wiring a bit more now all the excess is tucked between the motor and chassis and covered from abrasion. I also scored a set of 8 hope axial locks too. They have juuust a bit less backspacing and they're a bit wider than the proline wheels so the sx's are about perfect on them.

I put the moabs I got from j lo awhile back on the now vacant proline beadlocks. They work much better in the snow than the narrow roklox. I also swapped the ae2 back into the blazer so no more delayed reverse like I had with the m-troniks super trucker 4 I've been using.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #112
Rock Stacker

I heard you found all those parts? Haha, looking good WT, hopefully I get my mip's for my foff soon, they will last longer than 30 seconds I'm sure...
Old 12-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Yup stopped by the closed hobby shop in Yakima to get a Pepsi from the machine out front and there they were in a bag tucked behind the machine! Fawking magic I tell ya!

You need to start a build thread on your junk so you can quit cluttering my bullshit thread with your bullshit.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #114
Rock Stacker

Throwing my garbage in your diary is way more fun!!..
Old 12-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

So far all you've done is flap your man pleaser about your junk. No pics have been posted biotch!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #116
Pebble Pounder

Dude. WT. You kick ass man! Need a more powerful word for thanks in this language. F$&K is the only word that comes to mind.

For all to see how awesome this guy is, He sent me a set of tires, and a bonus servo horn. Outta the kindness of his heart, helping a fellow RCC member get his POS in better shape. Top notch my friend.

Thanks so much man, late christmas, and a day early Bday present for me!

Now if USPS was half as fast as fed Ex I'd have some wheels to put them on.
MotoMudder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Not a problem, I've been there and a couple of the guys I ran with waaaaay back in the day took me under their wings to get my junk pointed in the right direction so I think its only right for me to do the same in turn.

I actually screwed up, 2 of those have memory foam which is fine but I put the wide stuff in there, it needs to be cut down about 1/2" or at least cut the outer corners off so it doesn't balloon the hell out of the tires. That servo arm should fit no problem, I saw you had a hitec servo with that janky ass plastic arm and that shit just won't do! :lol

Last edited by WHITE-TRASH; 12-27-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

After having yesterday off only to get the call that my leave time had been moved from 10 am this morning to 1 am this am I got back home this afternoon and started tinkering once again.

I didn't how the factory shock mounts were so I cut them and the front mounts off. So far so good, kept the same static ride height but gained a helluvalotta compression.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Been tinkering on the rigs while its been witches titty cold outside lately. I reworked the shocks on the eclipse with losi white fronts with 1 1/2 coils removed and a set of buggy rear orange losi's out back and I think I finally have it right. Moved the front lowers to the outside of the shocks and stood the fronts up straight. Also swapped the 80 weight oil out for some 35, now it seems to react rather than bounce.

Dropped the 55 turn Holmes motor back into the eclipse and slid an axial 20 turn armature into the cooked Holmes 35 turn can. Set the timing and stuck it in the blazer. Then I started breaking shit. Busted a plastic c hub, broke a pair of axial cvd's, both pins broke, one has a broken stub the other lost the end to the shaft. Broke a few teeth off the big gear in my hitec 5945mg, stripped the only plastic gear in my backup futaba s9302 servo. Snow bashing kicks ass!

Kinda hard to see but the shaft is missing the outer end and there is a chunk missing from the bell of the stub shaft.

The hybrid turd went up in a big cloud of 3s driven smoke just in time for a replacement came in the mail... Castle creations 3800kv 4 pole is in place awaiting me to get a castle link to program it to work. My field link won't recognize it since its an older version and I don't have internet at the house yet other than my phone I can't fix that issue.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Got a bit more done. Picked up a sweet set of axial beadlocks from right here on rcc so I swapped the 8 shooters onto the blazer with the roklox, mounted the white dot rovers onto the narrowed rocksters and put the sx's onto the new rocksters. Mucho better.

The new bling hotness - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HR Main gear case. Bling bling or a must have? matts175 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 15 01-20-2012 10:43 AM
*Bling Bling* Scale License Plate Frames Krawler Konceptz Scale Accessories 9 01-11-2011 11:30 AM
I De-Blung the Bling, Bling. The ONLY-WAY to run the 40s! PinchFlat Tires and Wheels 42 01-06-2005 04:39 PM