Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Margouillat AR60

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2016, 06:51 AM   #241
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Margouillat AR60

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkill View Post
Like always, fantastic work!
Why the change from the Stuby to the Puller?
Weight?
Puller or Stubby have almost the same weight.
I am very satisfied with the stubby, but I sent back him for reconstruction (it had almost 2 years). Like that is going to set 2 months (very long post delay)... he needs that I run meanwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatch
I also tried some different springs,for me it's most important to get the best sidehilling performance.But i'm not sure what works best
Yes, for me too. But a shafty does not adjust as a pro.
The dig allows to correct (to mask) certain problem, not on a shafty, particularly in crossing of axles. it is thus necessary to watch to master well everything aspect of the comprotement of the crawler.
TotoRax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2016, 04:12 PM   #242
Quarry Creeper

Hi,

I try a modification which trots me in the head since a certain time, and that will be the occasion to test the print with aluminum and steel.
The idea is to improve the existing Cardan joints. They function correctly in spite of the extreme steering angle that I imply to them. But without surprise, that causes jolts not always pleasant and which can in certain cases harm piloting.
Egressor had already to work on this kind of project, but I have neither equipment, nor his talent of machining, I will thus be satisfied with simple parts printed to start.

The principle is to create a part to be intercalated between the two parts of the Axial Cardan joint.

Then it is enough all to go up (one needs 2 sets of Cardan joints to do one of them, because the small parts should be recovered)

That implies a new C-Hub and knucke.

Thus it has needed to create these new parts and as long as to make bring some modifications, as the integrated steering supports.

With its Cardan joints, it nor will have more jolts and operation will be much more smooth, because each Cardan joint will take with the max only 30 or 40°.

C-Hub will be printed out of aluminum, while knucke and the connector of Cardan joint will be printed in steel. One should not expect printed parts of the very high mechanical characteristics, and the connector of Cardan joint should not support the efforts of operation a long time. Here, it is just a prototype, to validate the whole of the elements, and to make some travelling tests.
I think that the printed aluminum c-hub should hold in time. The knucke could be also out of aluminum with some correction of design.

With final, with a hub of wheel of 5 or 6 mm, I should preserve the current track width.

The parts are already in print, I need as usual watching for the post-men

@+
Old 05-24-2016, 03:09 PM   #243
Y-Town Crawlers

Very cool idea! Are you planning on using an axial inner shaft?

I bet those parts aren't cheap to print in metal
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:32 PM   #244
Rock Crawler

Like always, fantastic job!
xkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:57 PM   #245
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Del Monte.

Yes, I planed to use the axial inner shaft.

Steel print price is correct, but expensive in aluminum. I I have test in Titane, but 250€ for each parts
Old 05-25-2016, 04:07 AM   #246
TSK
Shelf queen

Ei recall Egressor doing something similar but he used CVD style ball stubs instead of the universal type joint. Very cool
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:22 PM   #247
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoRax View Post
Thanks Del Monte.

Yes, I planed to use the axial inner shaft.

Steel print price is correct, but expensive in aluminum. I I have test in Titane, but 250€ for each parts

Although, if you we're to pay a shop to machine just 1, it would probably cost more.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #248
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkill View Post
Like always, fantastic job!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Ei recall Egressor doing something similar but he used CVD style ball stubs instead of the universal type joint. Very cool
Yes, I have just read again his post and it is impressing the number and the quality of the modifications which it made!!
Old 05-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #249
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post

Although, if you we're to pay a shop to machine just 1, it would probably cost more.
Yes.

I like the 3D print because that allows quickly and at a cost reasonable to make very succeeded prototypes
Old 06-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #250
Quarry Creeper

hi,

A short teaser

To follow...

@+
Old 06-16-2016, 03:34 AM   #251
Rock Crawler

How does that aluminum part feel?
Strong or bit "soft"?

Great job, like always!
Old 06-16-2016, 05:34 AM   #252
Quarry Creeper

Hi,

As you were able to see it, parts arrived The printing of the metal parts is apparently much longer than that plastic...

The aluminum and stainless rooms are of very good quality, very solid, And one nice finish, I am the surprised first one. I think that the connector of universal joint could hold a few hours of functioning. But the precision is not there... I have of big gap from measure in particular at the level of the bearing housing

Thus a pic of the printed parts. The steel parts look like a little the fantasy jewel

To fix C-hub, it is necessary to cut the end of the axle at the level of grooves.

Having played a moment the dremel, in particular to take back the bearing housing, the final set up.

And now, it is the moment to study the problems which puts this type of assembly. On the paper it is great and simple , but there are 2 major problems.
The first one it is that a part of the universal joint have to can slide when we increase the angle of the universal joint. Then, according to where we place the point of pivot that the direction, 2 parts of the universal joint do not take, as we could believe it, the same angle. This second problem is generated by the first problem which tends to move the universal joint.

On this assembly, the point of pivot is quite logically placed in the middle of the universal joint. It is like that that I made it make.
At the level of the modelling, I had already identified that the main tree should slide of more than 3 mm, then than for streering of 80 ° (the absolute limit that I settled) the external universal joint took more angle which that interns.

To harmonize the angle of universal joints, I have to move towards inside of 2mm the point of pivot of the steering. And there, angle are almost equal. But it is to be studied closer...

Here is where I am there, today.

@+
Old 10-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #253
Quarry Creeper

A VERY VERY VERY BIG CONGRATS to you mate !!!! Wolrd Champ in 2.2S !!!!!wow You rule it and worth it !!! BIG UP to you Steph ! i hope my visit get you mood back in ....
Cirederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #254
Rock Crawler

Congrats Stephan!!
Having watch you drive that car almost one year ago I can only imagine how it was today!
Again, congrats for the Top Spot!
Old 10-17-2016, 12:41 AM   #255
Rock Crawler

Congrats world champ and a very interesting read! Cant wait to see when you make some more progress.
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:14 PM   #256

This is incredible! Nice work.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:53 AM   #257
Quarry Creeper

Bravo encore.............quelle démonstration!
Ah oui et merci pour le test drive...
maduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #258
Y-Town Crawlers

Amazing drive at World's! Congratulations!!

Also, thank you for letting me drive your creation on Friday. I have never driven a 2.2s rig before that could keep up with my 2.2m
Old 10-19-2016, 06:25 PM   #259
Quarry Creeper

HI,

Thank you guys for your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirederf View Post
... i hope my visit get you mood back in ....
Thanks Fred Which regret not to have seen you on rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
Amazing drive at World's! Congratulations!!

Also, thank you for letting me drive your creation on Friday. I have never driven a 2.2s rig before that could keep up with my 2.2m
Thanks Jake, it was a privilege to meet you. I was not able to see you drive during the competition... I just saw your finale in 2.2m and it is impressive to see your piloting. Everything seems so simple, it is fluid, without stress. It is a very beautiful 1st place. Samu as extremely good during the races, but in less successful during finale... Congratulations also to Laalaa for his very nice 2nd place.

Otherwise, I am more than satisfies results.
In 2.2M, I manage to finish all the races with my shafty, with a final classification in the 29eme place and a widely negative score (-53). The races 2.2M were very well drawn, of beautiful difficulties and especially all the races were finisable.
In 2.2S, he has really needed to fight to hope for a podium with so many good current pilots. It was necessary to finish all the races and to make all the doors bonus. The gods of to rock were with me and I was able to make quite bonuses except one, but I was a little bit ambitious on his approach, that would have been able to pay. There also the races were very well drawn and I took a great pleasure to make them.

Margouillat great well worke, no problem on all the races (6 in pro and 6 shafty) and on a however testing spot La Couronne, it is a good indicator of reliability. The 3D parts perfectly held shocks.

Another big big bravo to Samu Team for this comp., in spite of my doubts to hold a schedule so tight, congratulations And I repeat but also one thank you for Cougar Team for the part stewardship of this comp. You mighty worked well.

I has to forget too many things ... saddened ... but it will remain an exceptional experience!!
Old 10-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #260
Stephan Hauser / # 7

BIG congrats worldchampion in YOUR class! How somebody said "...now it's official...", but me and some more knew since some years the name "mr. shafty" came not from nowhere! Enjoy the rumor my friend!!!
ZZR 1100 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Margouillat AR60 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Margouillat SportsMann TotoRax Axial AX-10 Scorpion 134 07-29-2013 08:01 PM
Le Margouillat. TotoRax Axial AX-10 Scorpion 36 03-04-2012 06:42 PM
Ar60 threads demonoid369 General Scale Talk 1 07-19-2011 04:48 AM