Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Team NCD Su Du One

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default O.B.'s NCD Su Du One

I have to say thank you to Tomi and the other members of Team NCD for allowig me to be part of their team first up and i hope i can do you guys justice.

So as being part of the team i have been given the oppurtunity to do some testing for Tomi and Douwe on their new Sportsman rig.

I plan to strip down my own Sportsman i was running previously to my BWD Low Pro Wedge. MY own sporty braugt me sucsess in the cANZ 2012 Nationals but since driving the Wedge for Don i have not used it. I plan for 2013 to run both my Sportsmans in parallel at different comps through out the year as individual rigs. They will have similiar running gear but thats where it will end and im looking forward to doing my best with this new rig and hopefully putting it through its paces locally.

So the Parts list will be as follows but will likely change as it develops.

CF SuDu 1 Chassis and Topper
Delrin NCD Lowers
Alloy Uppers
-In new year possibly Ti uppers and Lowers
Axial Gear box with Robson Racing internals.
Axial axels front and rear.
OD/UD Gears.
Hulksta Alloy XR/AX Tubes
VP SLW V3
HB Sedonas
5.5 CI Duel Stage Foams(Old style)
To start with stock XR steering knuckes
-In the New Year VP XR Wraith Knuckles
NCD Knuckle weights(with wraith knuckles)
-NCD CF Wheels in the New Year
Shaved Boss claws
CI Duel Stage Clossed Cell Foams
Ko Propo Rx/Tx
CC Bec
CC Micro Sidewinder
37T Atlas from old Sporty
-In New Year 35t or 45t HH Motor
Mip Driveshafts
Hitec HS7950th
Either BB with shock cap mod
or SCX Shocks

The new Chassis arived Friday and i must say its very clean and very well finished as all of Tomi's gear. I had a few option parts included to experiment with didfferent design options. Over the last couple of days ive started messing around with assembling what i have here. I am down on a few parts however and being this close to Christmas its unlikely ill get them before the new year. Plus with family commitments etc i have between now and new year im not sure how much build time il get. However ill update with pics in the next day or so my progress.

Last edited by Oz Bruiser; 07-18-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Oz Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: Team NCD Su Du One

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Make with the pics Ben
Cant wait to check this one out!
Nik
Nik6189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Hey guys i started piecing this together formally last night and posted at 3am Australian time this morning. I get most of my work done when the kids and wife in bed as i get left alone down stairs to do my thing.

Ok grabbed some pics today for you. As Tomi has posted on his thread ill post some similar.

Tomi's Rig has the Ti links he may offer where mine has a sample of the Delrin links that will likely to be supplied in this kit. The Derin links have a small kick in the rears and with just enough clocking of rear the axel they pretty much line up perfectly with the rear drive shafts. The front links are straight bar a little kick at both ends which on first impressions apears that they give better front clerance and also follow he lines of the drive shaft.

On my rig for mock ups i have them in the middle hole on the front chassis mount and it apears that the chassis will be a catch point but lookoing closely at the way the rod ends meet the chassis plate its a pretty smooth transition and i dont think will be an issue on the rocks with grabbing but time will tell.

He has also done me two styles of Alloy 4-link plates that are 1.5mm aluminium. Some may say are to thin but at this stage feel firm enough and once the servo and battery mounted on top and the other electronics undeneath i dont feel will be to thin at all. These parts may also be availble in CF at a later date too. To start with i have used the original setup it was designed with until i can get it on the rocks for some testing.

One key component im waiting on is my Servo and i dont expect to see it until the new year.

Also in a few pics some of the screws ive used are not sitting flush but as they are replaced with Alloy hardwhare that wil be recitfied.

Here are the pics

Alternate 4 Link Plate, Lower links, and Mini T Spring Retainers for BB's

Lower links

Standard Team NCD 4 Link Plate Front

Rear 4 Link Plate and Douwe's Delrin risers for alternate Link mount Positions

Flex Shot

Rears

Old 12-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
Suck it up!

Very nice. I'm really liking this carbon fiber trend that has been going on...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Those 4-link plates are sexy as hell! They wouldn't happen to be available for purchase would they?
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Thank you Ben for helping us out to test the chassis! Looking forward to your input.

Looking at your pics it seems you have swapped the lower links around and are using the rear links up front and the front links in the rear.

This is what causes the not so smooth transition at the front of the skidplate and also makes for a more 50/50 setup. If you swap the lower links around, chances are the lowers will line up better and you will get more front weight bias as the tranny and motor moves forward.

This is how my lowers line up:

One change we might still make to the lower chassis plates are to angle the chassis slightly at the rear lower link mounts to make use of the little clearance there is (lines marked in red).

Last edited by Tomy; 12-22-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
RCC Addict

It did cross my mind that may have been your intention but it seemed to work as i had it. Ill have a look when i get more time which is most likeley late tonight...
It is also just a mock up at this stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
Thank you Ben for helping us out to test the chassis! Looking forward to your input.

Looking at your pics it seems you have swapped the lower links around and are using the rear links up front and the front links in the rear.

This is what causes the not so smooth transition at the front of the skidplate and also makes for a more 50/50 setup. If you swap the lower links around, chances are the lowers will line up better and you will get more front weight bias as the tranny and motor moves forward.

This is how my lowers line up:

One change we might still make to the lower chassis plates are to angle the chassis slightly at the rear lower link mounts to make use of the little clearance there is (lines marked in red).
Old 12-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

looks sweet, just started an sportsman build and I'm checking all this builds
newbe5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:53 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbe5.9 View Post
looks sweet, just started an sportsman build and I'm checking all this builds
Thanks. What's your build? You got a thread started so others can see your build and idea's?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Very nice. I'm really liking this carbon fiber trend that has been going on...
Thanks for the comnnt. I qgree about tge CF build they look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grob23 View Post
Those 4-link plates are sexy as hell! They wouldn't happen to be available for purchase would they?
I can find out details for you but Tomi would know best at what point production may kick off.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:22 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Nice start Ben. Looking great. As Tomi said, links are wrong way. But then you need a longer rear driveshaft I think. Looking forward to the rest of your build..
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:48 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by douwe View Post
Nice start Ben. Looking great. As Tomi said, links are wrong way. But then you need a longer rear driveshaft I think. Looking forward to the rest of your build..
Hey Douwe, to be honest I may give both a try. I had a chance to flip it around this arvo while watching the kids. I actually had that in the configuration you intended to start with but there is definitely a need for a shorter drive shaft than standard at the front and longer at the rear. Having it set up as I did for the pics kept the shafts about the same length front and rear.

As I don't have a spare servo at the moment until it arrives in the post there's not alot more I can do.

I'll get the other electrics on board though ready.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Bruiser View Post
Hey Douwe, to be honest I may give both a try. I had a chance to flip it around this arvo while watching the kids. I actually had that in the configuration you intended to start with but there is definitely a need for a shorter drive shaft than standard at the front and longer at the rear. Having it set up as I did for the pics kept the shafts about the same length front and rear.

As I don't have a spare servo at the moment until it arrives in the post there's not alot more I can do.

I'll get the other electrics on board though ready.

It's always good to try... Then you have a more 50/50 setup i think..
When the links are on the other way, its build as a real 40/60 chassis..

but i'm glad to see more SuDu chassis on rcc ;)
yesterday i build a SuDu for a friend over here ;)
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

still looking for a chassis but have built the axles and trans. It been years since I've work on ax-10 stuff and lots of changes.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbe5.9 View Post
still looking for a chassis but have built the axles and trans. It been years since I've work on ax-10 stuff and lots of changes.
I had a feeling a couple of you pro guys were building sportsman rigs.
Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

yep I'm teaming up with satan to build something and this chassis should be in the garage as soon as it's for sale. But nothing to crazy
Old 12-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #18
RCC Addict

For those who have commeted on or enquired about my new Sportsman Chassis from NCD. There is a small batch of 15 being made next month. First in first served.

NCD High Performance Carbon Fiber 2.2 Shafty/Sportsman Chassis

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

I drive a few minutes with the car from Douwe on the track at Purmerend and i like it,i order a Chassis ,my crawler at the moment is SSS-REVOLUTION KIT from Billet Works and i was second behind Douwe at the last race

Last edited by vovo; 12-29-2012 at 04:19 PM.
vovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovo View Post
I drive a few minutes with the car from Douwe on the track at Purmerend and i like it,i order a Chassis ,my crawler at the moment is SSS-REVOLUTION KIT from Billet Works and i was second behind Douwe at the last race
Sounds good. BWD do make good gear to and the chassis you running many have had success with also.

Team NCD Su Du One - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NCD SuDu one crawler douwe Videos! 2 11-28-2012 02:36 PM
Team FastEddy Team Losi 1/10th scale crawler Bearing Kit FastEddy Team Losi Comp Crawler 12 04-16-2012 04:31 PM
HUGE thanks to TEAM VANQUISH,TEAM T1E,TEAM 3051 SPAD RC Rock Crawling Worlds 13 09-02-2009 08:42 PM
Team Waggoner Racing Welcomes RCP CRAWLERS And AXIAL To The Team John Competitions 9 06-01-2008 08:31 PM