RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   My late to the party eclipse build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/423778-my-late-party-eclipse-build.html)

motojeep 01-18-2013 08:06 PM

My late to the party eclipse build

Well my son and I finally finished our eclipse build. It took us 3 full days but we had a lot of fun making links and adapting all the different parts we had around. We still have a lot of testing to make sure everything will work.
TCS eclipse
Novak rooster crawler combo
Castle external bec
Homemade front axle battery tray
Traxxas turnbuckles for upper links
Sc10 front and rear shocks setup up for droop still testing
4ws I know I'm an odd ball but I didn't have a dig unit
12.5 long and only 2.5 ground clearance may need to go higher
Homemade steering links out of 6/32 all thread and aluminum pipe

MaD222 01-18-2013 08:11 PM

Re: My late to the party eclipse build

lets have a look... :)

motojeep 01-18-2013 08:15 PM

cant post pics yet but we still haven't put on the panels yet, just want to make sure it works before we clean it up.

TSK 01-18-2013 08:57 PM

I love drooped Eclipses!

Check out Creepy's Eclipse if you want to see the what I consider be the gold standard of Eclipse builds. To this day it is one of my all time favorites.

motojeep 01-19-2013 06:41 AM

My boy and I have read every eclipse build on here including yours, king and yes creepys is awesome. My sons only 9 and he has been using these forums as his reading homework for school. To bad it doesn't show how long you,ve been logged in for, I would have a massive amount. Just always to busy reading to post any messages. Pics will be up tomorrow have a poker run to go to today in the jeep will be bringing the eclipse so hopefully lots of pics and no breakage.

motojeep 01-19-2013 07:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
be kind

motojeep 01-19-2013 07:16 AM

the first one is with the integy shocks, what pieces of shits. the second is with the sc10 shocks.

grob23 01-19-2013 08:38 AM

I don't really think you're "late to the party" (I just finished an Eclipse build myself!)

I agree, Integy is crap (except for their motors, maybe I've just had good luck)

motojeep 01-19-2013 10:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
sorry not a lot of pics of the crawler today way to much snow but i have some of our jeeps and mt rainier

motojeep 01-21-2013 05:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
well the front sc10 shocks are too short. My ground clearance is less than 2 inches. Need to find another set of rear sc10 shocks. Still climbs amazingly well. Going to be trying different oils once i get a set of shocks and then maybe put the body panels on once all the tinkering is done.

motojeep 01-26-2013 10:50 AM

Headed out today to hit some rocks, hopefully the rain will wait til tonight.

motojeep 01-27-2013 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the first one more to come when I get to a computer

motojeep 01-27-2013 11:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Got a rear set of sc10 shocks, so they will be going on today. Really liked the crawling ability of the low cg but under 2 inches is just not enough for the crawling we do.

TSK 01-29-2013 01:13 AM

The Losi Comp shocks, which came in a set of 4, we're the perfect length when setup for droop. Also, check out TCS for some super soft internal springs if you aren't running wheel weight. If you are, stick with mediums too prevent the suspension from unloading too much on vertical climbs

motojeep 01-29-2013 06:21 AM

Haven't done any testing with the new shocks yet. Its been raining non stop. My setup now is sc10 rear shocks with internal springs don't know the rate with number 3 pistons and just a drop of 1000 gear diff oil.

kevinlongisland 01-29-2013 08:33 AM

Motojeep, cool build! It's good to see the eclipse chassis still kicking around on the forums from time to time. It's seam like an eternity ago we first made those.

motojeep 01-30-2013 04:08 PM

Thanks, I saw that you guys had a special on the eclipse and the parts bag so I bought one and ten minutes later the web site said that they were discontinued. Glad I got it.

motojeep 02-02-2013 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally decided on the body panel designs.
What do you think?

motojeep 02-03-2013 02:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally done with the panels.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

kevinlongisland 02-04-2013 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motojeep (Post 4153468)
Thanks, I saw that you guys had a special on the eclipse and the parts bag so I bought one and ten minutes later the web site said that they were discontinued. Glad I got it.

You may have the last one ever! :)

It's looking good. Nice graphic.